how do you turn off the animated background at the main menu?

Add "-console" (without quotes) to the end of the mod's shortcut. For ex. "C:/program files/etc.../garrysmod" -console.

Somebody loaded 1 and walked around in it, How?

You can also load them by "map background_#". So if you can't walk around it means that the pic of the resistance member was fake and it might actualy br G-man!

I think he's asking how to shut off the animated backgrounds not how to load them. The thread name is, "How do you turn off the animated background at the main menu?"

I don't like "Animated". Animated sounds like a video when they are actually 3D objects rendered in real time.

I'm not sure that the -console command is what gets rid of the background. I think it's -developer 1.

In the "launch options" of half life 2 (right click on half life 2 in games list and go to properties) type in -developer 1

It skips those bgs makes the loading hell of a lot faster.

Or in your HL2/config folder, open the valve.rc file, and comment out the "startupmenu" line

ie, Before:
// display the startup level
startupmenu

After:
// display the startup level
//startupmenu

As an extra bonus, if you want to kill the Valve intro movie, find where the Valve.avi is, delete it, create an empty text file, and then rename it to Valve.avi. When the game trys to run it, since it's an empty movie, it skips past it, instead of re-extracting it from the GCF files.

Hey, does anyone know how to put your own custom image in the loading screen? I've seen some pretty sweet ones that others have done.

LordBug said:
As an extra bonus, if you want to kill the Valve intro movie, find where the Valve.avi is, delete it, create an empty text file, and then rename it to Valve.avi. When the game trys to run it, since it's an empty movie, it skips past it, instead of re-extracting it from the GCF files.

or put '-no video' in the launch options

Back