How many times have you completed Half-Life 2?

How many times have you completed Half-Life 2

Votes: 19 17.9%

Votes: 31 29.2%

Votes: 30 28.3%

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • more than 4

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • None!?

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

Unfocused

Companion Cube
Reaction score
How many times have you completed Half-Life 2?
Do you feel like playing it again, still? :) I just finished it for the second time (this time on hard) a few minutes ago and I'm just curious about how many times you had the "need" to play it from start till end.

More than 4...and still have every intentions in doing it more when I get some more free time :)

2 so far. Am now fighting with the urge to go through a 3rd time, I know I want to, but should really do something else :).

Ive beaten it soooo many times. Also with special challlenges, such as pistol, crowbar, grav gunn only! cept i had to use a nade at one part, shame!

MarcoPollo said:
Ive beaten it soooo many times. Also with special challlenges, such as pistol, crowbar, grav gunn only! cept i had to use a nade at one part, shame!

I'd like to see you taking on a strider with only a crowbar :D

I've only actually beaten it once, but i've played every level individually so i put 2

I've played the individual levels and set pieces so many times i've lost count
At the mo i'm ramping the health of combine soldiers to 200 and giving them rpgs
amazing squad battles of gordon and 4 vs suped up squads of 20 at real close range
everyone should try this at least once

stinger.aim92 said:
I'd like to see you taking on a strider with only a crowbar :D

Its funny how strong phys props are when they get propelled at100 mph!

I played through once on normal, then on hard. I've played so many random individual levels that it's probably more like 4-5 play throughs, though.

//Playthroughs so far

Half Life: 3 times
Opposing Force: 2 times
Blue Shift: 4 times
Half Life 2: once
Half Life Source: once

Condition Zero Deleted Scenes: 5%, I played level 1 and 2, then suffered an extreme amount of depression and its utter crapness. after that I have never looked at it again

2 times.
First on my crap computer and the second time on my super computer.

I've play individual levels a lot, probably enough that I might as well have played the game over 4 times.

Two, but like everyone else it seems, I've played the individual levels a lot.

[x] None. ;)

More than 4.

Twice or more in each language: german, english and russian.

i said 3 but amn't sure tbh, i know i've completed it atleast twice and am playing it again at the mo.

play certain chapters alot like nova prospekt.

4 so far. And I'll do it again, and again, and again...

3 times

1 and 4/5 in a row, and I also played just levels alot of times to make it 3...

3 times, though I may have lost count. I sure as hell don't know how many times I completed Half-Life and Opposing Force... i'm thinking "many" ^^

Only once!

I have tried a couple of time to try it again but get bored as I know whats going to happen!

If I get an upgraded computer then I would play it all again on high detail.

I did that with Half Life. I played the first time on a computer and the graphics were super low and a resolution of 800x600 and it was still jerky.

Once I got a new computer and played it all again and it was so much better!

Same will apply with HL2

Also I would never find the time to play the game 4 times!

MarcoPollo said:
Its funny how strong phys props are when they get propelled at100 mph!

Never thought you could kill a Strider with phys props. I killed the antlion guards with radiators..took forever, but it worked ;)

I've completed the game 26 times now. This game sucks.

going through 6th time, now at the end of sandtraps. I have found the action a bit lacking in earlier parts, and the AI fighting skills are a bit horrid, but it's just so damn pretty...

cyberpitz said:
Never thought you could kill a Strider with phys props. I killed the antlion guards with radiators..took forever, but it worked ;)
Actually, I should imagine that the resitance fighters would do most of your work for you with their rockets...

I have had HL2 since the second day it came out and i started playin it but it got boring after 3 days and i stopped playing it. I still have not beat the game.

Completed it three times. First two times on a medium spec computer with most of the video settings set to medium, then again on a high spec computer with everything on high. It got pretty boring the third time through even with the better graphics. I have also played my favourite chapters (e.g. Route Kanal) many times over.

kupoartist said:
3 times, though I may have lost count. I sure as hell don't know how many times I completed Half-Life and Opposing Force... i'm thinking "many" ^^
Oops, top me up to 4 - I just completed again a few minutes ago. I've uninstalled the HL2 content from Steam to prevent me from starting up another run through for a while ^^

4 times, just finished my fourth.

I'd play it more but I find the game to be too depressing, I dunno. :-\

I have beaten it three official times, one on each difficulty, but I have also gone through bits and pieces I like now and then. But I always enjoy playing it when I do. It's just I have a lot of games to be played.

Definitely more than 4,
1 for the Easy mode
2 for the Medium mode
1 for the Hard mode
1 for cheated play :p ( for the fun of it)
and 1 still-under-play on hard

Back