How old were you told your password was?

It actually says "Ungrateful Prick".

I heard Vegeta's was over 9000

Ba dum tsh

He was giving examples so we'd know where it was, it's a title.
You have to know the story to get it, lizard.

I missed the good day by 3 days! :(

1334 it said. :(

Your password is 14270 days old, and has therefore expired.

65 days :p
But more like never after I joined, I do remember changing it for some non-permanent reasons a while ago.

24 days that's cos I joined 24 days ago (1st Jan I joined!)
I think everyone got it cos there is that hacker that is hacking our accounts - read the announcement by Munro

It was about 1440 days or something, I changed it a couple of years ago (and just a few days ago because of the idiot hacker)

I am one of the rare humans born with an immunity.
My password has not been changed.

Probably some secret formula they put in my breakfast cerealz.

I changed mine and then couldn't remember it. Hurr durr.

Through careful analysis, I'm pretty sure I know why some people had over 14,269 days since last changed.

Mine was like that too, and my guess is that this site didn't always track how old passwords were until somewhere around 2004-2005. Whether it was a different version of the forums database, different version of the forums, or maybe the data for password ages got lost, only Munro (or whoever) knows.

I know I have not changed my password since I signed up in 2003, so therefore there was no record in the database for how old my password is. Those of you who signed up past the time when the database starting recording password ages, then you'd have an appropriate password age, and same goes for those who changed your password. Munro (or whoever initiated these changes) knew this or investigated and came to the same conclusion I just did, and then ran an update statement similar to this to solve the problem:

UPDATE user_table SET password_age = 14269
WHERE password_age IS NULL

That's my guess, and I'm going to say that's the only thing that makes sense from my not-so-involved point of view.

edit: The only exception to this is the guy who registered in 2003 and had the 14,269 and was "sure" he changed his password last year.

There's not one bit of that post that I understood. Even your signature.

olpaspg5.jpg

I don't remember it, but it certainly was > 2000.

Mine said 400 days or so, I didn't change it since I joined I suppose.

Great fun, isn't it? :D

Back