How would I cool it?

TheTimeIs

Headcrab
Reaction score
I was playing the Black Mesa Mod at (software recommended) High but after 2-4 loading screens my PC shuts down. I'm using an AMD A4-5300 with 4 GB RAM on a Windows 7 64-Bit PC. After further testing I saw that the GPU and CPU (on max load) would both heat up to 90 degrees Celsius.

Turn down your graphics settings in the mod. That CPU is a tad outdated, but shouldn't prevent a source mod from working well. I'm surprised your seeing 90 degree temps. Do you have a stock cooler? What's your graphics card? What's the ambient temperature of the environment you PC is in?

Related: I am currently waiting for the ambient temp of my room to ****ing drop to game tonight. This damn heatwave in the US is preventing me from playing anything. Damn my draftly apartment windows and crap a/c unit.

Dust it out. Test. If issue persists, buy a better heatsink for the CPU. Test. If issue persists, buy a better heatsink for the GPU.

Its an APU so the GPU and the CPU is in one chip. I am also using the stock cooler with one on the back and the other on the side.

Its an APU so the GPU and the CPU is in one chip.
Oh, in that case.
Dust it out. Test. If issue persists, buy a better heatsink for the CPU. Test. If issue persists, give up, fate has decreed you unfit to play computer games.

Dust it out. Test. If issue persists, buy a better heatsink for the CPU. Test. If issue persists, buy a better heatsink for the GPU.
1q6XblE.gif

Its an APU
F9Ch0dE.gif

I'm STILL waiting for you to recreate that thread in comic form.

You know, the one where the community roasted a turtle alive. The one I am now dubbing "The Misc Thread Massacre".

Back