Huge Half-Life 2 Update [3.7GB]

aKew

Headcrab
Reaction score
My HL2 just started updating, does anyone know what's that all about?

half-life 2_koreana.gcf, half-life 2_portuguese.gcf and half-life 2_thai.gcf" added, approximately 700mb in size.

Why now and why all countries need these files confuse me greatly.

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

So the update has just stopped abruptly. I'm of the opinion this update should have been region specific (since it's localisation gcfs) but Valve might have ctrl + A'ed this one by accident.

Yeah my download got paused after about 730MB and won't go any further.

now that is one big ass ARG :D
HUNTIN TIMEZZ!
Edit:
3 language packs of 700 megs equals 2,1 gigs.What do the rest 1,6do,i wonder...?

Just another broken update. The entire game is now in Korean only for most people, me included.

Why now and why all countries need these files confuse me greatly.

The Korean client for Dota 2 is coming pretty soon and features entirely Korean voice overs. Maybe they're testing for the new Dota 2 client, or maybe Valve's Nexon partnership goes deeper than we thought?

F2P Half-Life 2: Collect The Hats

Just another broken update. The entire game is now in Korean only for most people, me included.

The Korean client for Dota 2 is coming pretty soon and features entirely Korean voice overs. Maybe they're testing for the new Dota 2 client, or maybe Valve's Nexon partnership goes deeper than we thought?

F2P Half-Life 2: Collect The Hats

Yeah the "Loading" text on my game was in Korean.
Most likely broken update, but who knows. Valve recently said that "making trading cards available to all Steam users is a step towards an event we think everyone can be excited about..."
That event is probably the steam summer sale, but hey, maybe it's something else..........

Half-Life 3 will feature more trading cards than all other games put together.

It's Half-Life 3. They disguised it as an update to Half-Life 2. We should've seen this coming.

Maybe they'll reveal they haven't done anything on Half-Life 3. That would be amazing.

3omNR.png

I believe that's translated as "Prepare for Unforeseen Consequences...."
Is this real?

Nope, can't get excited. Only got 50mb patch.

I'll get excited when Alfred properly fixes the broken lighting in HL2.

i hate to say it but PC Gamer and Valve are obviously close to one another. the Killer Exclusive promo for TF2 is extremely popular and now PC Gamer naming TF2 its #1 shooter.

i wouldnt put it past valve to get PC Gamer and Adult Swim in on the act.

either way i dont think its anything to get excited over. if anything its just valve putting on their troll faces.

What does "unexpected results" mean? Did they add dialogue for Gordon?

*cracks knuckles*

Guess I'm playing through the whole bitch again tonight.

10 years later,and i am still impressed by that lip sync, it is just unbeatable,even on Korean it looks natural...

I hate these bloody canals.

Not that anyone thought there was, Marc.

I'm actually starting to get excited by the prospect of HL3 and Source 2. God help me, I know I'll have a long grey hairs by the time they actually put out the damn game. (I'm even more excited, perhaps, in an update of their tools... specifically the Source 2 SDK. I'd kill for a resurrection of the GldSrc type modding scene.

I'm actually going to be a bit frightened once Half-Life 3 does get released. What will be there to look forward to after that? A large portion of my life has been spent waiting for this blasted game and everything in between was a way of killing time. Let's hope this won't be the end for Freeman, because if it is, I might have to contemplate suicide. Half-Life 3 is more than just a game: it's something to look forward to, something that gives us hope to hold on and have faith. And once that goes away, once we get our hands on it, what's left? Nothing. So it's kind of a dilemma: in a way I want to continue the adventure, but I know that continuing the adventure means eventually ending it. It's uplifting yet depressing.

I'm actually going to be a bit frightened once Half-Life 3 does get released. What will be there to look forward to after that? A large portion of my life has been spent waiting for this blasted game and everything in between was a way of killing time. Let's hope this won't be the end for Freeman, because if it is, I might have to contemplate suicide. Half-Life 3 is more than just a game: it's something to look forward to, something that gives us hope to hold on and have faith. And once that goes away, once we get our hands on it, what's left? Nothing. So it's kind of a dilemma: in a way I want to continue the adventure, but I know that continuing the adventure means eventually ending it. It's uplifting yet depressing.

Half-Life 3 is the real world version of Gordon Freeman.

A simple of hope. A chance for a revolution.

Back