Huge Half-Life 2 Update [3.7GB]

I'm actually going to be a bit frightened once Half-Life 3 does get released. What will be there to look forward to after that? A large portion of my life has been spent waiting for this blasted game and everything in between was a way of killing time. Let's hope this won't be the end for Freeman, because if it is, I might have to contemplate suicide. Half-Life 3 is more than just a game: it's something to look forward to, something that gives us hope to hold on and have faith. And once that goes away, once we get our hands on it, what's left? Nothing. So it's kind of a dilemma: in a way I want to continue the adventure, but I know that continuing the adventure means eventually ending it. It's uplifting yet depressing.

Agree :/

Conveniently enough, my brother finaly stopped playing ps3 and now wants to play the half life series. Ill lend him my account and record anything he does. Then I'm going to see his playthrough through the videos. I know there is probably nothing going on, though should I see anything, I'll report to this forum immidately!

Stop. Do not buy the Half-Life Source version. Go back and find a version of the 1998 Game of the Year Edition. There are important differences in the models used, and the original experience is better.

And I swear to the 03's, if you skip HL1, I'll burn your soul to nothingness.

Stop. Do not buy the Half-Life Source version. Go back and find a version of the 1998 Game of the Year Edition. There are important differences in the models used, and the original experience is better.

And I swear to the 03's, if you skip HL1, I'll burn your soul to nothingness.
I have already played the source and the BM version, thanks for your recommendation, I will play the 1998 starting today!

Looks like there´s a lot of ABSOLUTELLY NOTHING going on around the HL universe as usual...

@ trunk_slamchest: Completely agree on the Valve Troll Faces. I think at the very best we will see HL2:Ep3 when the Steam Box gets released and most likelly not even then.

It would be funny if everyone waited the same amount of time valve will take to release Ep3, before buying it. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

• Funny
Reactions: MFL
8F3t40H.jpg

Begin...

Reminds me of this thread...

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/grim-fandango-in-new-pc-gamer-uk.133927/

It would be funny if everyone waited the same amount of time valve will take to release Ep3, before buying it. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

Day one for me bitch.

Valve must find this desperately laughable to watch people fall over themselves to find things in nothing. That picture at the end could not be more obvious it's a joke with some of the labels on the floors. I feel sorry for this guy having to come out and apologise for it.

We full well known how dangerous is can be to joke about the Half-life franchise, so we treat it just like Ravenholm and never go there, Chris will have learned that today.

This was submitted to the news some hours ago but you will notice it doesn't make the front page. We filter a LOT of the Half-life rumour mill crap out there, you will only find verified links to HL in our news, not this tittle tattle rubbish.

I certainly hope they aren't laughing. That would be a pretty dick move. It would imply a smug, cruel, uncaring vantage point from which to lord over your customers.

And if they do indeed have that attitude (which hasn't been substantiated, thankfully), then they, and anyone else with that mindset, can go and **** themselves.

just goes to show how much of a dirty word Half Life is in the game industry.

its now the obligatory elephant in the room.

first rule about half life...is you dont talk about half life.

"Hey guys, we know what we should do? We should post a cryptic Korean message on Twitter and turn around a say it was a joke!"

just goes to show how much of a dirty word Half Life is in the game industry.

its now the obligatory elephant in the room.

first rule about half life...is you dont talk about half life.

No one is annoyed about people just mentioning Half-Life in a reasonable manner. People are sick of it being brought up in completely unrelated discussions (whenever a Dota 2 update is released someone somewhere makes the amazing, incredible, ingenious observation that Dota 2 is not, in fact, Half-Life) or people clutching at whatever straws are lying around and arranging them into a lambda symbol. You want to have an actual discussion about Half-Life? I'd absolutely love one. You want to spout irrelevant crap about Half-Life? Shut the hell up.

I'm sorry but I just found this and this . Couldn't stop laughing for a couple of minutes...I just had to share.

B7CF2229608CA0E761A27A54EEC42F28ABDF259E

Someone found this in Surgeon Simulator when they flipped over the Medic statue. The little thing in the bottom right is in Korean. The ride doesn't end.

B7CF2229608CA0E761A27A54EEC42F28ABDF259E

Someone found this in Surgeon Simulator when they flipped over the Medic statue. The little thing in the bottom right is in Korean. The ride doesn't end.

Someone said the dots are the solar system. That would make the pointed one Saturn, I think.

Someone said the dots are the solar system. That would make the pointed one Saturn, I think.

Saturn is the Roman god of time. The Korean word on the bottom right translates to time.

Is it really that time again?

Yes it´s time to wait for next E3 at best...:(

Actually it´s time for the Summer Sales, that´s what it´s time for...I guess they will come around in the next couple of weeks or so?

I think it's interesting that unforeseen consequences, which valve mentioned in that tweet, is the... third! chapter in Half Life 1! :)

I think it's interesting that unforeseen consequences, which valve mentioned in that tweet, is the... third! chapter in Half Life 1! :)

True but then again everyone uses that expression nowadays for just about anything, so...

Hope you are right though :)

I certainly hope they aren't laughing. That would be a pretty dick move. It would imply a smug, cruel, uncaring vantage point from which to lord over your customers.

And if they do indeed have that attitude (which hasn't been substantiated, thankfully), then they, and anyone else with that mindset, can go and **** themselves.

Agreed. For a forum that praises valve and states they care so much about its customers, it sure seems that valve gets a kick out of trolling its fans. Maybe if they spent more time actually working on Half-Life 3 than coming up with ways to troll we would have a trailer within the next 5 years instead of 10.

It's just not funny anymore to anyone. Were coming up on 6 years since episode 2(a 5 hour game) was released. I know valve owns and has the rights to all half-life material, but it wouldn't hurt to give some kind of update. Instead we are trolled with half-life 3 tshirts or gabe hammering a crowbar and more. Just getting annoying now.

In the magazine, the elevator button 13 is pressed.
13 is Alfred's Steam Level.
That bastard.

None of this is attributable to Valve. They don't say anything when there's nothing to say. My point is, they don't laugh, like so many seem to think. They sit there passively, which is all they can do until something is ready. That's not a bad thing.

HL3 arg I believe will be at VALVe games ONLY, its pointless searching for anywhere else(I mean, Portal 2 arg was in portal 1 :/ )

Not gonna lie.

Kinda creepy.

Back