I am organic again

Dan

Tank
Reaction score
Doctors pulled my ankle hardware out yesterday, 2 months after I broke my fibula. Hopefully I will be walking soon. They wouldn't let me keep the screws though even though they were my property which I brought into the hospital.

I was on call for surgery for 4 days which sucked. No eating for 8 hours before potential surgery. No drinking anything 4 hours before surgery.

They knocked me under with some drug that made my arm really burn a lot when they injected it. I slept for about 20 hours of the next day.

Thank god this wasnt about what i thought it was going to be about.

What was their reason for not letting you keep the stuff?

Thank god this wasnt about what i thought it was going to be about.

What was their reason for not letting you keep the stuff?

Doctors are jerks...

or maybe it's a biohazard thing.

What is the purpose behind the no drinking and eating? Is it so you don't vomit during surgery/not go to the bathroom?

Your innards smell bad enough without you shitting everywhere while they work.

What is the purpose behind the no drinking and eating? Is it so you don't vomit during surgery/not go to the bathroom?

They shove air tubes down your throat to help you breath sometimes. If you have food, you throw up and choke.

We need before and after pictures Dan. We need to evaluate if you're in fit enough condition to return and post here. Health n safety ya know.

Not allowed to take off the bandages. You can enjoy this lovely after picture from my first surgery, when they grafted the adamantium on in the first place.

legb.jpg

I love getting organic.

<grabs a knife and fork>

Come on Dan... let's go bike riding together.

Oh thank god I thought this was going to be a jvernesque hippy thread.

I'm keeping my hardware for the duration. We aren't break bros anymore! :(

lol wtf at this image. I love it.

Haha. When I was like 10, the family was at the beach on vacation, and as a souvenir, I picked out a T-shirt with a cartoon printed on it.

It was something like "Today's special: Frog Leg Soup" and the cartoon was a bunch of frogs at the restaurant in crutches and wheelchairs. I thought it was really funny at the time. That shirt got me so much fame in school, it was absolutely ridiculous.

Frog Leg soup is popular in France, I guess.

EDIT: That reminds me. I've heard of the French being called "frogs" before and I never gave it much thought, but didn't know why. So, this might explain that.

The more you know.

Ohhhhhhhh I see what you did there...

2hib87q.jpg

VirusType2 said:
Haha. When I was like 10, the family was at the beach on vacation, and as a souvenir, I picked out a T-shirt with a cartoon printed on it.

It was something like "Today's special: Frog Leg Soup" and the cartoon was a bunch of frogs at the restaurant in crutches and wheelchairs. I thought it was really funny at the time. That shirt got me so much fame in school, it was absolutely ridiculous.

Frog Leg soup is popular in France, I guess.

EDIT: That reminds me. I've heard of the French being called "frogs" before and I never gave it much thought, but didn't know why. So, this might explain that.

The more you know.

I've never heard them be called frogs before, I don't think. But it's an ethnic slur. Hmm. Interesting.

And lol at your shirt getting you all the fame. I bet all that fame brought with it a bunch of lady friends.

I've always known the slur of the French being frogs but I'm British so that's no real surprise I'm sure.

To them you're "rosbif".
Also "frogs" was a slur for the Dutch before it applied to the French.

Back