I did it! I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.6 on my Windows 7 Desktop

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
Here are pics of proof. 3 days of effort, countless retries and driver re-installs, and now I have a fully working, wireless internet connected, hackintosh with sound and video working great.

I did this for one reason, and that was to install the ios developer sdk, since I was pretty interested in developing iphone apps. True, it will probably last only say 6 months, before apple comes up with a new OS, that probably won't be compatible with whatever MAC only software comes out (iPhone SDK, LogicPro, GarageBand etc.) but I can enjoy it while I can, and hopefully, I will somehow acquire an actual mac in the future...

15022011006.jpg

15022011007.jpg

Obligatory comment on why macs are a waste of time and money.

there is no other way i can dev or learn how to dev iphone apps, without shelling out a minimum of 600 dollars for a mac mini. best thing, install snow leopard on your desktop pc..

I tried to install OSX on to my laptop, but most of the hardware isn't supported so it was a failed attempt. I've always wanted to try out OSX for an extended time rather than the brief, "Oh an Apple store. *ten minutes later* That was cool."

That's awesome though. What do you have in that tower there?

well done on the job at hand, just how did ye do it

I have tried to no avail and had to format my hd due to this.(Only bob knows what I did!)
If there is a link or steps you followed, please let me know
cheers and keep up the good work !

If you guys are interested in how I did it just pm me, they key is to have the right bootloader something most ppl don't have. And also the right hardware. Success is almost guaranteed if you are using a desktop with an intel chip and a nvdia gpu. It's still a nice thing to show off too, especially if you have it on your laptop.

Don't think I can post here cos it is illegal, sorta..
Next Mac only app to try, logic studio!!

Good job I guess, I never thought of installing a Mac OS on a PC. So you figured out how to do it by yourself (cause if you followed a step-by-step, then why did it take so much time)?

Also, I didn't know that iOS apps can be developed on Macs only.

Unfortunately..yes its mac only..or in my case..hackintosh..

and I also figured out how to get the apps you make onto your iphone (without paying for apples shitty 99 dollar a year package) using a hack, so now I can make apps, and share them with my friends as i please, or on the cydia store if i want. That's great. Now to get cracking..where did that ios sdk book go..

screenshot20110217at124.png

One thing I don't understand with Apple is Xcode. I mean Apple has always good GUI design, that I'll admit.

But Xcode is something like a retarded child of a god damn Turtles. Compare it to something like Visual Studio or Eclipse, it's a joke. Hey you want to debug something, oh no you got to open a new window, oh you clicked on the code sorry a new window, oh you want to track you're variables in this scope, sure just click trough 10 menus to get a god damn print in a damn console, PHAAAAAIL. And now they're boasting, that Xcode4 is so cool, yea it's so cool bringing features other IDE's have had for ****ing 5 years! But CoreData is pretty cool, too bad you still have use SQLite if you're ever going to port the data structure.

I actually paid the 600$ for the mini and 99$ for the license. The 99$ I didn't mind, but the Mac I could have passed, I don't use it for anything else than coding with Xcode and never will.

you don't have to pay 99 dollars just to make an .ipa file out of your app you know that right? That is of you don't wanna publish on the app store.

Anyway developing games on xcode is a bitch. I would rather use flash cs5 for that. So many games on the AppStore are made using flash nowadays..

Back