I didn't get to say goodbye to Singleplayer Mythology and now it's locked

Darkside55

The Freeman
Reaction score
Yes, this is a meta thread. But I need to say my peace, because, like Rumors and Speculation before it, Singleplayer Mythology was near and dear to my heart for many years. At least it can still be read, unlike that glorious subforum of old which has long since passed on from this board.

Goodbye, Singleplayer Mythology. When Rumors and Spec was still around you were redundant, a red-headed stepchild of a forum that was overlooked and left to play by yourself in the corner. Over time you got more participants, and when R&S was struck down by the cold hand of forum pruning you stepped up and took its place. You were the new board to discuss all manner of nerd fanon, half-baked theories, and crackpot pseudoscience that just would not fit into Half-Life General.

Over time you'd see less use, and when people did post it was always goddamn G-man theories, right to the end. You endured the same bullshit that plagued Rumors and Spec. But, digging through the archive, there is still awesome stuff to be found and reread.

Goodbye, awesome forum. I salute you.

*plays a conch*
*I see your conch and raise you*

iMifP.jpg

Back