I have a cure for america regaurding missile attacks (or attacks in general)

-Viper- said:
Umm, sorry to interrupt, but who the hell do you think America is?
he said the canadians burned down the whitehouse, which is wrong. the british (i.e. redcoats) did. they even jacked madisons dinner. and america isnt just english, its pennsylvania dutch, irish, east european, and basically anything. many settlers didnt consider themselves so much british, as they did "protestant, catholic, puritan, opressed, etc." after the declaration of independence was created we stopped being british.

edit: i forgot the most important of monroes doctrines.. nonintervention.

dart321 said:
Uh, a combination of just about every single race on the face of this Earth?

At the time he was talking about, no. British colony ring any bells?

Tr0n said:
Awwwww....now ain't that cute...BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!

(whoever knows what cartoon that phrase comes from gets a cookie :D)

that guy in the "cow and chicken" type cartoons

-Viper- said:
HAHA. youve been watching too many garfield thanksgiving specials please see my above post to be informed.

Australia was a british colony..... (is).... :p

EDIT: 2 stupid dogs?

-Viper- said:

You said what America is, not what America was. :p

bliink said:
Australia was a british colony..... (is).... :p

EDIT: 2 stupid dogs?
Damn't...heres your cookie. :hmph:

Tr0n said:
Damn't...heres your cookie. :hmph:

Yesssss :D I knew watching cartoons instead of sleeping all those nights would pay off!

dart321 said:
You said what America is, not what America was. :p

Mmm... I talk as if the past was the present... cuz it is!!! *Runs back into time machine*

gh0st said:
he said the canadians burned down the whitehouse, which is wrong. the british (i.e. redcoats) did. they even jacked madisons dinner. and america isnt just english, its pennsylvania dutch, irish, east european, and basically anything. many settlers didnt consider themselves so much british, as they did "protestant, catholic, puritan, opressed, etc." after the declaration of independence was created we stopped being british.

edit: i forgot the most important of monroes doctrines.. nonintervention.

Canada is the same way...except for the decleration of independance. We don't consider ourselves british either...to tell you the truth..Canada is just a whole mix of people..like a mosaic (hope I spelled that right.) Americans consider themselves american. Most Canadians don't consider themselves "Canadian". It just sounds kind of silly to us.

dream431ca said:
Canada is the same way...except for the decleration of independance. We don't consider ourselves british either...to tell you the truth..Canada is just a whole mix of people..like a mosaic (hope I spelled that right.) Americans consider themselves american. Most Canadians don't consider themselves "Canadian". It just sounds kind of silly to us.
good for you.

dream431ca said:
Well I guess it's because we are patriotic?

I also have heard that if an immigrant comes to america and wants to stay he has to forget his religon and other things like that. Just wanted to see if this is true.

Saying, "I'm American" is like saying we are neither, British, French, Indian, Chinese, Italian, African, or whatever. It's just saying I'm me and I'm human. It's just a generalizing label.

dream431ca said:
I also have heard that if an immigrant comes to america and wants to stay he has to forget his religon and other things like that. Just wanted to see if this is true.
please kill yourself.

Wait where did you hear that one from?That is far far far from the truth...Damn you should study up on our constitution and history. :LOL: All religion and beliefs are allowed here....

dream431ca said:

Whoever told you that must smoke more dope than the Pope.

Also considering that it's not America, it's the United States of America, America being the other giant piece of land on the planet.

IMO (and I'm not talking about america) Patrotism is good to a point. "Yes I like where I live" "Yes I like my country" is very good. But Patrotism where "Yes my country is better than your country" type stuff is not so good.

dream431ca said:
IMO (and I'm not talking about america) Patrotism is good to a point. "Yes I like where I live" "Yes I like my country" is very good. But Patrotism where "Yes my country is better than your country" type stuff is not so good.
my country is better than your country though

dream431ca said:
Don't you guys still have the so called "melting pot"??
It's a saying...not an actual pot....

dream431ca said:
Don't you guys still have the so called "melting pot"??
of course, since when have we not? edit: yes listen to tr0n for he is wise

MadHatter said:
You're on your own now, Ghost. I can see where this discussion is headed now.
i do my best :) im just joshing anyway

gh0st said:
my country is better than your country though

And most americans fail to see why world opinion is not in their favour....

EDIT: I know, you may have been kidding, but that attitude is very prevalent

bliink said:
And most americans fail to see why world opinion is not in their favour....
Denial leads to suicide... :p Don't deny our POWAS!

These topics have always have had some :flame: :flame: :flame: heat :flame: :flame: :flame: associated with them. I'm not surpised of the flaming going on. But when your talking about america and canada..well..that's alot a flame.

dream431ca said:
These topics have always have had some :flame: :flame: :flame: heat :flame: :flame: :flame: associated with them. I'm not surpised of the flaming going on. But when your talking about america and canada..well..that's alot a flame.

Which is kind of stupid because America and Canada are made up of the same people and originated from the same people / countries. Why so much anger?

MadHatter said:
Which is kind of stupid because America and Canada are made up of the same people and originated from the same people / countries. Why so much anger?

But VERY different ideologies.

Back