I hope Im not the only one

^spelled 1 word wrong? I make that mistake all the time when typing 'just' fast.

To be honest? I was watching because I was afraid he'd get shot.

To be honest? I was watching because I was afraid he'd get shot.

Yeah, I was watching as he slowly came out of the building and when they had the prayer, seeing if some nutjob would take the chance.

All I can say is, "History will redeem Bush"

So suck it bitches
History will uncover even more of his lies and corruption than we could have possibly imagined during his presidency. So I'm not sucking a God damn thing. Bitches.

It was Obama's victory that inspired me to finally go out and take my GED test instead of studying for a few more months and still pussying out on going.

As long as they dont **** with my life to much, I dont care

Come back in 10 years when you've an opinion and not an attitude (there is a big difference). I think Darkside was on the money. :dozey:

^spelled 1 word wrong? I make that mistake all the time when typing 'just' fast.

I don't think the forums going anywhere what's the rush?

I try to avoid politics as much as I can, but even I was interested in the whole, uh, presidental election stuff. The hype surrounding Obama got me. now he's been released and I hope he can live up the the massive expectations (fanboys ofc will never be happy).

Yeah, I was watching as he slowly came out of the building and when they had the prayer, seeing if some nutjob would take the chance.

I was watching with nervousness as he got out of the vehicle and started walking down the street so very exposed. I mean I know all the proper security measures are taken into place... but the nervousness was still with me.

I don't care that much, but we were in the car and I was like... OYA, switch to BBC, the inauguration's on. If I were doing something fun I prolly wouldn't give a crap.

I listened, was touched, and congratulate Mr.O. Let's hope he doesn't screw it up like Dubya.

American history books will label Bush as "severely unpopular" and the Iraq War the second Vietnam.

I just realized something:

Obama Nation

Abomination

lol, I don't care about the president either way, I just thought this was a funny thing.

That has been thought of and said so many times it's not even...

/me shakes his head and leaves in disgust

You are young and do not appreciate the gravitas of the occasion. You don't believe you are at all affected by the changing of one political leader to another because you are young. You really don't understand just HOW much difference there really is from one president to another, or how it affects you.

bawww

That has been thought of and said so many times it's not even...

/me shakes his head and leaves in disgust

I don't read the news or usually go into politics threads/topics, so I've never heard it.

I thought it was clever.. :(

I just realized something:

Obama Nation

Abomination

lol, I don't care about the president either way, I just thought this was a funny thing.

First time I heard that was the Proposition 8 play video with Jack Black and so many others.

It's an important event, hell, i don't give two shits about the olympics and never watch it, and while this feels like the olympics with all the stupid hype and uneducated rockstars who are going to be preforming for Obama, it actually affects the country for the next 8 years, thats why i semi-care.

What irritates me is how stupid the entire world is becoming. Dozens and dozens of people i know are already saying he is the new Abe (or even better!) and yet he hasn't even been in office for a day yet, nor does he have a history of doing anything for the short 2 years he was a senator. I ask myself why the whole world is thinking he's the second coming of Jesus, but then i remember why- it's because hes young, hip, can read off a teleprompter better than Bush and, here it comes, hes dark skinned...

There may have been other threads about this but...
Am I the only one that doesent give a damn about "inauguration day"
seriously...we go from one president to another,,,theres not much difference

(Im English and ive lived in Englad for all 15 years of my life)
The news exists for people who want to be informed. If you do not wish to be informed, do not watch or read the news.

That said, the secondary function of the American president is to provide material for four years of Mock the Week 'humour'. Try it for size: "Oh my, that Barack Obama has been in the news a lot recently." Hohoho.

Andy Parsons: F*** You.
Some may think 15 is too young, but I dont...Im jsut very anti-authority.
All who comment are shooting whales in a half-pint glass.

Don't call me Shirley.

Considering almost all of my family is pure Republican and 3 of my cousins are pure democrat, it's all I hear about. The reason I voted for Obama was because I agreed with more of his views on subjects that I cared about. Neutral ftw.

There may have been other threads about this but...
Am I the only one that doesent give a damn about "inauguration day"
seriously...we go from one president to another,,,theres not much difference

(Im English and ive lived in Englad for all 15 years of my life)

Can you really say anything about it since you don't live in the U.S.? I'm sure if you did it would be a big deal to you, since it directly effects you, but in England you have your own Government, which I happen to not care about, being that it isn't my country...

Or being that I know nothing about it... That might also contribute. The media over there may do a lot of reports on the U.S., but hey, that's not my fault. Go kill someone so that you don't have to watch it. I'm sure you'll make news. :D

;)

Pfft, what do you know about any government? You live under a rock :p

Pfft, what do you know about any government? You live under a rock :p

My government's better than yours. We have a slingshot. What the hell do you have?

(The slingshot's for the rock. Haha... Get it? :D ...I fail.)

I don't read the news or usually go into politics threads/topics, so I've never heard it.

I thought it was clever.. :(

A lot of things are clever. But discovering these things months after they were thought of, is not.

Back