I just don't even know anymore...

she cheated you so dumb the bitch

Why does this seem almost Shakespearean in its wording?

I'm just gonna reiterate what everybody else is saying. Do what you want to do, and don't let anyone hold you back!

And today I have signed up for the Army with my brother. I'm going to take my ASVAB test on Wednesday, with a physical and such stuff the following Monday. Hoping to qualify for Military Police or Small Arms/Artillery repairer.

My 'little' brother joined the Army this year. Shipped out a couple of months ago. He's been a black belt, target shooter and hunter since he was like 9 years old. He was also an EMT and then a firefighter, like you (I'm sure I mentioned this before). He also "gets into" his interests a bit much, like you. (for example firetruck wallpapers became Army wallpapers on his desktop).

Well anyway, I wish you luck. Start hitting those ****ing weights, bro. My brother stacked on like 50 lbs in a year. He was young and still growing, so it worked out for him really well.

He wanted to be a scout/special forces. I didn't want him to join - he could have done anything else where people aren't trying to kill him, but that's what he wanted to do.

And today I have signed up for the Army with my brother. I'm going to take my ASVAB test on Wednesday, with a physical and such stuff the following Monday. Hoping to qualify for Military Police or Small Arms/Artillery repairer.

Whatever works for you, but just some friendly "Before you jump..." advice, finding something you're good at is the best way to gain confidence. You can't count on other people to make you confident in yourself, it's something you have to figure out. I'm not saying you aren't going to be good in the military, just saying that it's not guaranteed to fix everything for you.

You have to look at the mirror to be confident, so to speak. Having some guy scream in your face is more likely than not, going to drain your confidence, as is their goal. I'm just talking, though. Military service isn't a bad thing. These are just things to consider from your standpoint. But, perhaps this is your calling. It does take a leap of faith sometimes to find the right answer, so go for it with this in mind, and if it doesn't work out, you have some experience under your belt to make you more confident.

Best of luck, man. Hope it works out for ya. :afro:

Best of luck, go spread some freedom!!!

Yeah go free the **** out of America's arbitrary enemies

Shooting! Hell yeah!

Seriously though, be safe.

Took my ASVAB today. Pretty confident that I passed with a decent score. Mechanical Engineering was the only real rough part of the test. (If any other members are planning on enlisting into the US Military, study much more then basic Math and English so you can open up more career opportunities.)

I'll be getting those results either Friday or Monday, as well as a chance to reserve my MOS. The thought of Basic Training still scares the pants off me though.

Well I finally grew up some balls and told my ex to go **** herself. It happened with a lot more words, but none of them were pleasant (on my end) and she started begging me not to go. Then outta nowhere, gets mad and says I just want to "control and manipulate" her. And a **** you too, bitch!

Good riddance, thanks for the shit memories.

Damn right, man. If I lived near you, I'd invite you to a tittybar, but I don't think i live near you. lol

Keep your life moving forward. Try not to stagnate over a girl, especially if your relationship isn't blossoming. My sister told me that you need to want to be with who the other person is now, and not who they will be. btw being an EMT is sweet! you can become ski patrol and take care of people instead of hurting them!

She's your ex for a reason. Remember that. She's a dirty cheater. You should drop her like a ton of bricks and go achieve your dream.

Well I finally grew up some balls and told my ex to go **** herself. It happened with a lot more words, but none of them were pleasant (on my end) and she started begging me not to go. Then outta nowhere, gets mad and says I just want to "control and manipulate" her. And a **** you too, bitch!

Good riddance, thanks for the shit memories.
I wish I could high-five you over the internet.

Keep your life moving forward. Try not to stagnate over a girl, especially if your relationship isn't blossoming. My sister told me that you need to want to be with who the other person is now, and not who they will be. btw being an EMT is sweet! you can become ski patrol and take care of people instead of hurting them!

She's your ex for a reason. Remember that. She's a dirty cheater. You should drop her like a ton of bricks and go achieve your dream.

I wish I could do something like ski patrol, but where I live there are no mountains (without making a 4 hour drive). Since I have more time to think about said Army decision, I've been thinking about becoming a police officer or finishing up my EMT/Medic studies and becoming a flight medic. I don't know what I really want to do.

Was she drunk???

No, if she was it would've been a lot easier to leave.

pay for a uniformed police officer in toronto starts at around $56k/year. after 5 years service it's 80k a year

Oh man a perfect situation for this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU

Was prolly already posted... but seems more applicable now. Personally I think I could never be with a girl that cheated on me.... regardless of the circumstances. Well I can't say that but I mean within reason. If she was lke drugged or something I would understand. But if she's of any condition to realize she's in a relationship with me and goes ahead, then obviously we're not on the same page. I wouldn't expect a girl to stay with me if I cheated either. If she did I'd assume she was cheating as well and I'd be like "why are we even bothering?"

Anyways I'm glad your resolved it. I say join the Air Force. Jets are cool as shit.

ZT, if I became a policeman, I'd try and get into either riot police or SWAT.

ZT, if I became a policeman, I'd try and get into either riot police or SWAT.

it takes years and the requirements are steep. also friend who is police officer says they're mostly gung ho crazy types. also says the job is extremely boring due to fact that they're arent used all that much and there's a ton of training

Starbob - That song is awesome. Also, jets are cool, but I have a passion for small arms/infantry/heavy armor.

Stern - My uncle waited until he was well into his thirties before he started training/education for law enforcement. Thinking about asking him what he did and where he went to. Do you know any of the requirements by chance?

you have to pass physical + written test to become constable, I think there's a psych test before joining academy. my friend was also in his 30's when he joined the force. said physcial was toughest part

hmmm Physical shouldn't be too bad, I'd be more worried about the written part. Is the psych test just to is if your crazy?

yes but crazy is a relative term. they're looking more for your personality type ..or personality types that wouldnt make for good cops (that part seems to have a huge failure rate)

yes but crazy is a relative term. they're looking more for your personality type ..or personality types that wouldnt make for good cops (that part seems to have a huge failure rate)

The Army gave had me take a psych test to determine if I was depressed/suicidal/semi-insane/too angry/hateful.

I wonder how similar the test for law enforcement is...

I think it's more subtle than that. just bear in mind I'm in canada and our training procdures/requirements are probably different than yours. call up your local police department and ask them

Back