I just realized this...

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
This will seem stupid for just noticing, but one of the interesting things about this game is that... the zombies will actually be able to think, and use strategy.

I have a feeling that L4D might be a bit too overwhelming because of this and other factors.

I don't think it'll be overwhelming--just really intense. Which is something I honestly want from a zombie game. Resident Evil was a great series, but being able to watch zombies patch around aimlessly wasn't scary or challenging unless you went knife only. Resident Evil 4 started to get it right with some genuinely creative mobs, but they weren't zombies so they don't count (lulz parasites in the blood~!).

One of the biggest appeals to me in this game is how it'll do pacing with the AI. I like the idea that if it gets to a lull, it'll naturally send more zombies and/or a boss.

I think that it is very impressive how this game and RE5 are putting so many fast moving enemies on-screen. Personally, the co-op aspect makes this game way better, though.

It's designed to be overwhelming so it's not too easy. :D Mike B has said it's a hard game but if you work together, you might have a chance of surviving.

Sounds like it'll be an exhilirating game. Do you have to change classes as a zombie character if you get your ass pasted beyond a certain amount of times?

It's designed to be overwhelming so it's not too easy. :D Mike B has said it's a hard game but if you work together, you might have a chance of surviving.

Tbh that's what I'm worried about. The working together part.

I can pretty much see pugging it up and losing every single time cause someone didn't stop when they heard a Witch, friendly fired your ass down in the midst of a zombie attack, or just plain died one second into the game to a rush.

Thank god for friends.

People should change their gaming if they want to enjoy the game...it might be a game that only few gamers will enjoy if this is the case.

Tbh that's what I'm worried about. The working together part.

I can pretty much see pugging it up and losing every single time cause someone didn't stop when they heard a Witch, friendly fired your ass down in the midst of a zombie attack, or just plain died one second into the game to a rush.

Thank god for friends.

There will be an "achivement" system that also tells others how you played earlier, also on the nagative things. Like if you killed a teammate with Friendly fire, or you been cause to every survivors death because you ran around alone and didnt help. And very important, didnt help a friend who was dying.

EDIT: And the team can then vote wether they want you or not. So dont mess around you fools!!

Yeah what monkey class said. :) L4D will be use extensively use the Steam community and is primarily the first Steam Community orientated game. One of the first things Valve has to do in fact is do a major overhaul to the entire interface of the Community and all the features that L4D will use.

The thing is, it's called Left 4 Dead.
It's about 4 survivors cooperating against these zombies.
If you don't cooperate and instead go all solo eagle, then you'll almost surely die.

One of the marketing taglines IIRC is "Fight together, or die alone", which pretty much sums up the answer to your questions.

Back