• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most Certainly Not

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Corpse

Medic
Reaction score
Hi I made a Post on This Forum many years ago about This. I made The Observation that Halo copied Half Life while I am a Fan of both I can't ignore them. Headcrabs and The Flood Infectors is One Major Obvious Thing.

And clearly Halo copied The Doom Guys Armour as well you cant seriously say Its not copied with a Straight Face.

Can We please have a Serious Discussion about This this time? Last Time I got attacked and it drew my away from The Forums for years.

yea halo did copy doomguy's armor but they didn't copy half life AT ALL! there is no accident, you are a big super soldier not some wimpy scientist with some suit just to make him a bit stronger, and the covenant is a very religious empire that wants the ring to explode and the combine is just some big empire that likes conquer land. well yea halo didn't copy half life.

Games and media in general "copy" a lot from each other all the time. Half-Life 2 is massively inspired by the book 1984, but that doesn't mean it copied it or that it's bad for using it as a key inspiration. It's definitely not worth trying to look at how X copied Y and the how/why/when.

Sharing and copying is usually a good thing anyway, Its just building off of eachothers good ideas. can you imagine if the game industry was like the technology industry and every major game mechanic was patented. There would be like ten AAA games.

I still think anyone who really sees any resemblance between this

p_doom.jpg

and this

Mark_V.jpg

is on some kind of drugs, besides maybe both helmets having a visor, but to each their own I guess

I can't remember the last time we had a Halo/Y comparison thread, feels like years

p_doom.jpg

and this

Mark_V.jpg

is on some kind of drugs, besides maybe both helmets having a visor, but to each their own I guess

I can't remember the last time we had a Halo/Y comparison thread, feels like years

I bet doom guy taggart would eat captain king for breakfast

and this

They do look pretty samey, the armour has similar proportions and colour.

I don't think Halo is a completely unoriginal game I still think they got the idea of the Flood off of the headcrabs/zombies in Half Life though. I love both games.

They do look pretty samey, the armour has similar proportions and colour.

I don't think Halo is a completely unoriginal game I still think they got the idea of the Flood off of the headcrabs/zombies in Half Life though. I love both games.
I can see the color and probably the proportions, but comparison wise I dunno. Unless Doom Guy is 7'2 in height, proportions are wacky.

I see where you are coming from on headcrabs/Flood, though, but, I will say parasitic, assimilative alien organisms have been around in media for many decades.

One thing I will say, Halo and HL are two series I never thought to see as rivals as a kid joining these forums, when this whole thing just stemmed and grew for over a decade and apparently still goes. They're fun threads, seeing whether a 7'2, 990 pound supersoldier can outwit, or outfight a nerd with a lot of alien guns and a PhD is SCIENCE.

If anyone is up, let's discuss pros and cons between a titan and a nerd fighting.

but let's be honest, for the sake of TRUE POWER RANKINGS and not realism

I bet doom guy taggart would eat captain king for breakfast

Back