I thought the citadel was supposed to blow up in Ep1 ?

BlackMesaDude

Reaction score
No ? i thought it would do that.. kinda dissapointing... only in the end you saw a little of it...

BlackMesaDude said:
No ? i thought it would do that.. kinda dissapointing... only in the end you saw a little of it...
Where were you in the end and did you do drugs?

You can clearly see the bloody thing exploding in the end. The explosion is just too fierce to look at.

Hell; you even see it expanding and ruining the tracks as the train tries to keep ahead of it. Untill it reaches you.

So yeah; the explosion was there. You just have to look.

- Pax

He must think explosion as in the ones with loads of force. Like, for example... ka-boom.

bigburpco said:
He must think explosion as in the ones with loads of force. Like, for example... ka-boom.
Yeah; seeing as most people only see that as an explosion.

I believe that some disintegrating blast would destroy more then a regular explosion.

- Pax

bigburpco said:
Well the explosion was pretty fierce tbh, with lots of odd sound effects :p (ka-shbloi-briiii-boof)

Pax said:
Where were you in the end and did you do drugs?

You can clearly see the bloody thing exploding in the end. The explosion is just too fierce to look at.

Hell; you even see it expanding and ruining the tracks as the train tries to keep ahead of it. Untill it reaches you.

So yeah; the explosion was there. You just have to look.

- Pax

DUh.. i meant in the start of the game.. would be like chaos etc when its about to blow you now kinda lika in the movie independence day when the skyscraper blew.. panic i wanted that in episode one.

At the start of the game the citadel was severely crippled because of what Gordon did to the dark fusion reactor. In episode 1, the citadel was on a self destruct sequence set to blow at any moment. Alyx and Gordon only delayed the process until the end of ep1

There's some things that can be tricky to grasp, but definetely not that explosion :D

Oppressor said:
There's some things that can be tricky to grasp, but definetely not that explosion :D

What the hell are you talking about! That was no explosion! That was the Gman getting away from those dirty vorts!:frown:

:p

It wasn't blowing up. It was in meltdown. Nobody said it would explode in some generic, half-assed fashion. You went in expecting the wrong thing.

He went in expecting something to complain about, looks like he came out with atleast "something"

so does that mean that the gman is still being held by the vorts?

deadwomb said:
so does that mean that the gman is still being held by the vorts?

How does that relate to Citadel at all?

Why the FU*K are would you put an EP1 spoiler as a FU*KING TITLE, and in the HL2 forum, not the EP1 forum?

Are you retarded? Thanks for nothing dickhead.

SPOILER??

The end of HL2 suggests the Citadel would blow up.

But yeah, wrong thread.

99.vikram said:
SPOILER??

The end of HL2 suggests the Citadel would blow up.
Yes I know that, but his thread title suggests that it doesn't blow up after all.

As in "I thought the citadel was supposed to blow up in Ep1 (but didn't) ?" I mean think about it, if it did blow up, why would he ask that?

well the explosion is kind of hard to miss, but I was expecting the citadel to like, break apart and then fall into fiery pieces but what happened was pretty cool.

Shasta said:
Why the FU*K are would you put an EP1 spoiler as a FU*KING TITLE, and in the HL2 forum, not the EP1 forum?

Are you retarded? Thanks for nothing dickhead.

Oh, you know what, banned. Whilst I somewhat agree with you in what you are trying to say you are simply a troll through and through. This forum is better off without you. Ciao

theotherguy said:
well the explosion is kind of hard to miss, but I was expecting the citadel to like, break apart and then fall into fiery pieces but what happened was pretty cool.
I *was* waiting for it to start falling over to the side...

I was worried it would fall over, because that would be dreadful. :p

I was surprised that the Citadel didn't even move. Even though its core was in meltdown. I wanted it to topple over and break up or explode. Or something along those lines :p Although, from the looks of things in the Episode 2 trailer, the citadel has just left a smoking crater.

Yeah, and they FINALLY opened his briefcase to find what the hell he is carrying around with him...turns out it was pictures of Gordon Freeman banging his wife =/

Back