I will make my own MOD

F

Fredd2000

I got an idea how to make a MOD and i will do it [its my first, got no experience, BUT I SHALL TRY HARD, VERY HARD]

I dont know what name it should have but the idea is:

There are two teams.
Team1: The Combine, Other Humans.
Team2: The Monsters [ailien Slaves, ROOFS, Head Crabs, Zombies ETC]
Each Model [player] on each team has it own Special Weapon [2 for MAXIMUM]
For Example: AILIEN SLAVE:
Weapon nr1: The green lightning.
Weapon nr2: Dont know yet.

THE COMBINES WEAPON:
Weapon nr1: The machine gun.
Weapon nr2: maybe a sniper rifle.

ROOFS:
When you are a ROOF you can place where ever you want to place on the ROOFS ofcourse. And then just wait for enemy to get sucked up in your tounge.

And the maps, well a city map, a jail map and some more nice.

Well what do you think?

Erm, i think this should just be kept as a personal project for you to learn modding. No offence but it wouldnt cut it, it sounds like what standard HL2 DM could be like, only with a few twists

Say you read a good c++ beginners book and you can make a few small programs.

How long would it take the average joe to get to know the sdk and make:

a) a simple weapon mod
b) a larger team based mod

Just a thought.

Originally posted by 82ross
Say you read a good c++ beginners book and you can make a few small programs.

How long would it take the average joe to get to know the sdk and make:

a) a simple weapon mod
b) a larger team based mod

Just a thought.

Tell joe :))) that when you have read the beginners book, start on some copy and paste HL coding tutorials, thats how I learnt to code VGUI menus and a whole teamplay code :borg: :dozey:

Go for it Fredd2000!
The only thing that will keep you going is your own motivation - no matter the skill you posses.

Hell joe, go back and code some quake 1 bots. QUAKECCCCCCCC, then you can go onto cpp.

Althought I don't know how to program, I read in some C++ books that learning C if you want to learn C++ isn't too good, because of all the habits you have to break. But hey, I don't program so go for it.

I got an another one great idea about the roof, is that you can control the tounge and swing it etc...
That will make the Roof to an dangerous Enemy :D
And currently im learning how to create maps in the Halflife Valve Hammer Editor, so i at least got a little map experience.

With more experiance, you will become an assest the mod community. :)

Originally posted by Fredd2000
I got an idea how to make a MOD and i will do it [its my first, got no experience, BUT I SHALL TRY HARD, VERY HARD]

I dont know what name it should have but the idea is:

There are two teams.
Team1: The Combine, Other Humans.
Team2: The Monsters [ailien Slaves, ROOFS, Head Crabs, Zombies ETC]
Each Model [player] on each team has it own Special Weapon [2 for MAXIMUM]
For Example: AILIEN SLAVE:
Weapon nr1: The green lightning.
Weapon nr2: Dont know yet.

THE COMBINES WEAPON:
Weapon nr1: The machine gun.
Weapon nr2: maybe a sniper rifle.

ROOFS:
When you are a ROOF you can place where ever you want to place on the ROOFS ofcourse. And then just wait for enemy to get sucked up in your tounge.

And the maps, well a city map, a jail map and some more nice.

Well what do you think?

Right, I think I can understand this:

erm..

ROOF= Barnacle
Monsters= Xen Creatures
Alien Slave = iSlave (Eye Slave) which is the same so i'm just being picky...:p

right, i think a problem with this would be weapon balance as the Combine would have a high advantage over the Xen aliens, what with sniper rifle etc...

Yep it whould be a problem, but i think i can fix it.
One more thing, the human team can have one gordon freeman too. [ONLY ONE CAN BE GORDON FREEMAN THERE] if one is it already, that option is disabled.
Gordons special weapon will be the Crowbar with a secondary Fire, on the bottom of it, there is a small hole, if you press on secondary fire he will change to Shoot mode. And will hold the crowbar liked it whould be a gun. The bullets is gonna be really SHARP and deadly. The bad thing with it is gonna be that it is SLOW. The special weapon nr2 for him i have not get idea what it should be right now..
Im thinking....

Now i know the second special weapon: a nuclear Blaster!
It can only be used one time each battle.
And its really powerfull, it can wipe out almost everyone!
Ofcourse i will make so the servers who dont want this option on can disable Nuclear blaster.
I will think about a special Xen monster for the monster team too.
Stay tuned..

Originally posted by Gojin
Althought I don't know how to program, I read in some C++ books that learning C if you want to learn C++ isn't too good, because of all the habits you have to break. But hey, I don't program so go for it.

C is good for getting a first-time knowledge of programming :)

move on to C++ when you know alot about programming..... and then go on from their

Isent there allready a MOD like this one for HL1?
Think its called Space port....

But any way... the idea is good....

Playing as a 'ROOF' sounds pretty boring.....

Back