I wonder if HL2 will increase X-box sales

simmo

Tank
Reaction score
We all know its coming out for X-box, lol, IMO I think it will increase x-box sales buy loads!, for people who have shit comps there definatley gonna get an x-box to play HL2 :D

I'm just gonna get a new PC, and not have to suffer the bastardised XBox version.

HL2 on x-box would definately suck. Of course thats my opinion. But anyway why bother buying an x-box when you could just upgrade your PC. It may cost more to get a new PC but.....its....its a console, whats the point?

yeah good point, did you know DOOM 3 is also coming out on x-box, and they said it would basicly look identical to pc version ?

lol, yea how can they say that......with all the different video cards ud never know. they could be talking about the equivilent to a geforce 2....

I bought a dreamcast..........crap
I bought an xbox...........absolute crap
I will never ever buy another console again.
I have learned my lesson

I thought i learnt the lesson with N64 which as far as i remember only had one good game Goldeneye, and even that wasn't brilliant. Sadly i bought a PS2 which although good, just couldn't compete with my PC which at the time wasn't even as good.

In my opinion console are only good for two things.

Wasting annoying peoples money who have to have all the latest stuff. This is when the consoles are released at a price of £300.

Having at a friends house. Its fun sometimes when you go round and you can play on what would normally be bad games, but since you haven't payed they are OK.

Its quite funny when you get avid X-Box fans coming onto forums, using their PC's, to rant about how much the X-Box 'pwn3s!!"!!1!' When you point out the fact that they are using a PC they go all quite for a couple of days until they finnaly come back and say "My Xboc cud pwn ur pc amy day fo teh w3k!11!!! xvox si hte 133t!!1!one!!

I you're gonna get HL2, the PC is the best way to go because not only does it have high res and better graphics (which it does), but because there'll be MODS. :bounce:

and a mouse to aim quickly.

how dah hell are the x-box users able to play the game when the AI is so difficult. I dont see anyone reacting and aiming as fast with a joypad

but anyway.. I think hl2 for the x-box is a good idea. it will get Valve even more money because they spended almost all thier money they earned with HL to the development of HL².

hopefully they will use all the money generated off HL² for the development off HL³

Originally posted by h00dlum
**** The evil empire!!
What a great RATM album...anyway...I love my Xbox, personally. I don't mean to sound like a MS fanboy, but it's a great machine. It doesn't have as many games as the other systems, but it still does have a few damn good ones. Halo, for one, I love. Brute Force, Wolfenstein, and a few others (Hunter:The Reckoning is great fun too) are great.
Originally posted by EVIL
how dah hell are the x-box users able to play the game when the AI is so difficult. I dont see anyone reacting and aiming as fast with a joypad
We're good gamers :cool:
Actually, after you play Halo for a while, it seems really natural. It's a great training game, for me. I won't be using my X-box as much as I do right now because I'll be getting a new PC soon, but it's still a good investment, IMO. PC's still rule all though. And always will. Yeah.

-Vert

X-Box, is basically a Gforce 3\4 inside a large black box with an x on it. Im not saying thats bad, but what does it give that a PC doesnt?

Originally posted by Mr. Redundant
I bought a dreamcast..........crap
I bought an xbox...........absolute crap
I will never ever buy another console again.
I have learned my lesson

what games do you have for those consoles?

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
X-Box, is basically a Gforce 3\4 inside a large black box with an x on it. Im not saying thats bad, but what does it give that a PC doesnt?
A single VPU platform to optimize for. If the geforce has specific implementations, they can go whole hog and use anything it has without worrying about how to implement those same effects on other cards and platforms. There are no variables...no TNT2 cards to make it run well on.

the Xbox contains a 700Mhz Celeron CPU, 128 mb's of ram and a GeForce 3.

FYI :E

The thing that makes consoles good is that it doesn't need as beefy specs as PC's do. That's because consoles are for gaming only. Meanwhile, PC's have to worry about thousands of other resources to run while trying to game. That's why there's a need for such higher PC specs than there are console (and also why X-box can have such damn good graphics with a Geforce 3).

-Vert

Yeah but you cant upgrade consoles, which is part of the reason why i dont like em much.

Introducing the new... XBOX MOUSE. yeah itll happen

Back