If you want to date shallow girls (or have taste like WARPED)...

I am a success of the 'You cannot view the offtopic forums unless you're a member' world domination plan. I guess the only thing that kept me lurking and not posting was my laziness.

THERE IS A FLAW IN YOUR LOGIC: You can't lurk without being logged in! You can't be logged in without being registered!

ITT: Interface is a time traveler, or an old member, or just generally cooler than most newbz

THERE IS A FLAW IN YOUR LOGIC: You can't lurk without being logged in! You can't be logged in without being registered!

ITT: Interface is a time traveler, or an old member, or just generally cooler than most newbz

Previously people could lurk The Lounge without being logged in. No longer.

Oh yeah I think Pi said he implemented that in June or July.

I'M STILL WATCHING YOU, INTERFACE >:[

You want a man that make you laugh, sense of humour is the number one personality trait a guy can have for a woman, but if a gang of lean, mean, play-by-their-own-rules, bike-riding Calvin Klein underwear models came into the bar and beat up every humorous guy in there, you would be weak at the knees.
So basically, you're insecure. It's cool, I am too.

And let's not forget that if a woman pays an ounce of attention to you, she's either got to start a relationship with you or else she's just leading you on.
I think like this (er, the opposite, i.e. agreeing with you). I've met girls who don't. Bad times. :::l

And Dynasty, you're running out of things for me to dislike you for.

Erestheux, I am incredibly flattered/enraged over your compliments/insinuations and I hope this marks the beginning of a fabulous/grotesquely violent friendship/rivalry.

That's not a sufficient sample size though.

BUT I HAVE LARGER SAMPLE, PAY ATTENTION.

Why do women do all this? It is actually quite simple; they believe they have imperfections or flaws.
I know, right? Silly, impulsive creatures. I mean, why would they possibly think something like this?

MEANWHILE, IN DYNASTY LAND:

Women want to look like celebrities in HEAT magazine, yet have you seen these women without £1000 worth of makeup on applied by the best makeup artists around? Its like looking at Gollum sometimes, to the point where you only just recognize the woman as someone famous, and then wonder why you though they were so attractive in the first place.
newspaper.jpg

Erestheux, I am incredibly flattered/enraged over your compliments/insinuations and I hope this marks the beginning of a fabulous/grotesquely violent friendship/rivalry.

Interface, this fantastic/magnificent post has deeply/madly flattered/aroused me.

Well that's kind of you/don't try and deceive me you sonuvabitch, I know what you're playing at.

3) There are plenty of situations where this is pretty ****ed up, rather than just being a system to avoid homeless people. Sure, odds are most anyone over 18 has a cellphone because it's a huge convenience to the point of being kind of dumb or stubborn to deliberately not have it. Okay, you're in the 1% that doesn't have a cellphone. You're also this Melanie person's ~one true love~. But you don't have TART for whatever reason so forget about it. The same goes for pretty much all of them. Just got laid off? Failure. Need to live with your parents for a while to get back on your feet? Well why don't you give up on romance you hopeless human being, you're obviously a loser. But not to worry, since spending your life with this Melanie person is evidently the most terrible hell there can be.
Yeah, I guess there isn't a single one of them that wouldn't be rendered moot by an exception:
  • She doesn't have a cell phone because she believes it contributes to a cheapening of society and actually has good arguments to back this up (that'll be the day)
  • He doesn't have a car because he lives in the city and bikes everywhere
  • She doesn't have a career because she flips schizophrenically between various jobs, never taking the same one twice
  • He doesn't have a place of his own because he looks after his dying father
etc

I suppose it's not even much use as a guide for suitors. All of these things are expensive 'life choices' not to be taken lightly. Might as well just spend some time developing your GAME.

...you gotta be a TART.

At work the last couple weeks we've been developing new dating qualifications. We finally think we found the perfect standard, TART.

Trade (aka job)
Automobile
Residence (not living with your parentals)
Telephone (because cellphone doesn't fit)

Now because it's really hard to find someone at my age who actually meets those standards, there are some exceptions but only if you're under 25.

If you're under 25, you're acceptable if you have AT LEAST 2 out of 4, with goals. If you're over 25, your shit should definitely be together by now.

If you want a self centered gold digging bitch that's probably been around the block many many times totally date girls that think like that.

wow, having a job/responsibility is setting the bar too high?

wow, having a job/responsibility is setting the bar too high?

I know, I'm almost at a loss for words. Who knew that expecting roughly the same standards for a guy that one holds themself to makes people like me a self-centered gold digger and a terrible person. Who knew that any of these things were even an indication of a high income!

I know, I'm almost at a loss for words. Who knew that expecting roughly the same standards for a guy that one holds themself to makes people like me a self-centered gold digger and a terrible person. Who knew that any of these things were even an indication of a high income!

If those are the only things you look for yes, you suck.

And I make a very good living for my age.

I dont think I'd date a person who was unemployed. or at least I'd hesitate until there's a clear indication as to why. even then they'd have to be in the process of fixing that problem. not having a cell phone could be a sign of the crazies but generally I try(ed) to steer towards people who fall under the catagory of "normal". some of those things could be a red flag in disguise

If those are the only things you look for yes, you suck.

And I make a very good living for my age.

Seriously, I don't think many people ACTUALLY do that. Especially not in the face of valid reasons or exceptions. But I would have some reservations about dating some guy who never went to college and has spent the past eight years of his life playing video games in his parent's house and smoking weed, doesn't own a car and shows no aspirations of holding down a career or pursuing a job, because I would suspect some underlying motivation issues and be afraid of having to support him.

Now, if he was a charming street rat with a monkey sidekick who steals bread for orphans, then obviously his heart is in the right place and all is forgiven.

Stern, you're old and married, you don't date.

I'm not saying you should be dating bums off the street. Wanting somebody that is responsible is a very valid thing. But there are many other qualifications you should be looking at.

ya like if she has a lack of pointy elbows!!!

also Kaptain H has a thing for cartoony persian street urchins

The point of the matter is that their aspirations, current goals, etc. are all part of the personality which is a moot point since that's what you look for in a relationship anyway.

If you think you can create some great chart that dictates exactly who you want and what you're looking for and that you can stick to this chart to find the perfect person of your dreams then you're obviously a great douche who thinks too highly of him-herself. It's kinda like trying to protect the internet from serious threats, yaknow?

You're not going to learn anything until you at least try someone out and then it's just commonsense about whether you want to continue or not. If you think you need some kind of chart to master this simple decision making process then you're probably just going to get lied to, misled and fooled a lot more often than you would of had you not.

But what you're saying is if you met a great guy but he didn't have a car for whatever reason you would not want to be with him.

I have all 4 things that you mentioned, and I've "dated" women that had the attitude that you needed some kind of prerequisites. They didn't say it, but you could tell, like their shit didn't stink and you needed to be at a certain level for them to talk to you. That kind of shitty attitude is not very attractive.

But I was too harsh earlier, you gotta excuse me. Women made me very bitter this past year.

But what you're saying is if you met a great guy but he didn't have a car for whatever reason you would not want to be with him.

I have all 4 things that you mentioned, and I've "dated" women that had the attitude that you needed some kind of prerequisites. They didn't say it, but you could tell, like their shit didn't stink and you needed to be at a certain level for them to talk to you. That kind of shitty attitude is not very attractive.

But I was too harsh earlier, you gotta excuse me. Women made me very bitter this past year.

Switch to dudes.

^ Maybe once I get over the gag factor of that idea. Sure would be easier.

Ya'll just lack game. I got plenty game let me tell ya.

It usually only lasts till about the third date though. Then it's always something. So I always need to seal the deal quick.

Just watch I Love You Philip Morris over and over.

Well you can really pick it apart on seven levels:

a)

b)

3)

4)

e)

f)

7)
I could really give two shit what this girl wants in a guy. I don't dig into people's checkbooks just to see if I'll get with them. That's what I like to call a scam, and if these are the only criteria she looks for in a guy, she's what we here in the Midwest call a whore.

I'd figure this was all some stupid conversation she had with a friend and they thought it'd be cute to make up an acronym for things they think are important. I have a girlfriend, and we take each other for who we are. I made sure I'd get someone who likes me for who I am, and eventually I grew to like her for who she is, and we started dating, and never once looked back, or even fought. That was a year ago. I think Dynasty especially needs to lighten the hell up... Life isn't about girls. The world is supposedly overpopulated, what the hell do you need to stress yourself out over getting a girl for if it upsets you this much?

tl'dr, this thread was probably just a joke and a few people took it too seriously.

I dont think I'd date a person who was unemployed. or at least I'd hesitate until there's a clear indication as to why.
I wouldn't suggest that as an ice breaker, talk about kicking someone while they are down.

I suppose it does depend, if you see a homeless woman on the street I guess you wouldn't even initiate dialogue. I considered it once when lost my confidence at the last moment when I thought she'd turn down my request of 'I'd be up for it if I could hose you down first'.

Probably how the first write of Pretty Woman went.

Perhaps that was the wrong wording... This thread was probably just a silly girl being cute and trying to pretend every guy wants to bang her, so she made up certain retarded criteria they have to live up to just to make them feel useless, therefor, she's a joke.

Back