If you want to date shallow girls (or have taste like WARPED)...

What I want now:

Totally funny, and nerd like
In love with life
Talks less
Sexy

if I turn 50 and I'm not married, I change things up

Bitchy
Unclean
Boring
Big Boobs
Lazy
Eats anything I give her

Buys the groceries
Understands polygamy
Talks dirty
Takes it in the pooper

:O

This is a perfectly mundane thread, except for page 2 where it got good for a little bit, but other than that it's just kind of depressing, you know like? Melanie is stupid, I get that, but that too easily ends up as a springboard for tacit misogyny. It's just kind of a bummer, because even in spite of this thread's rather inauspicious beginning (hey let's engage a discussion about the most shallow stratum of sexual politics and do it on a video games forum), you just wish that people could like, not be misogynist, you know? And for those playing at home who have already fired up their quick reply boxes to tell me all about how they would do exactly the same if Melanie were a man: make no mistake, I'm not making a general comment on the implicit direction of the thread but instead perpetrating personal diatribes against each and every one of you here, yes you, also you in the back (I have all of your names here on a list as I go along), and your insistence of a hypothetical situational morality is of the utmost relevance here as it is your personal reputation is on the line here (I have your mother on the phone right now and I'm telling her all about it)

Also I will maintain that mentally pronouncing WARPED like war-ped will add a smile to all of your halflife2.net browsing (try it sometime)

I just love me some tits and pussy. Sorry for bein honest <3.

I agree. Really the hating can go both ways depending on the situation but on a internet forum you're pretty much only going to find misogyny.

This is a perfectly mundane thread, except for page 2 where it got good for a little bit, but other than that it's just kind of depressing, you know like? Melanie is stupid, I get that, but that too easily ends up as a springboard for tacit misogyny. It's just kind of a bummer, because even in spite of this thread's rather inauspicious beginning (hey let's engage a discussion about the most shallow stratum of sexual politics and do it on a video games forum), you just wish that people could like, not be misogynist, you know? And for those playing at home who have already fired up their quick reply boxes to tell me all about how they would do exactly the same if Melanie were a man: make no mistake, I'm not making a general comment on the implicit direction of the thread but instead perpetrating personal diatribes against each and every one of you here, yes you, also you in the back (I have all of your names here on a list as I go along), and your insistence of a hypothetical situational morality is of the utmost relevance here as it is your personal reputation is on the line here (I have your mother on the phone right now and I'm telling her all about it)

Also I will maintain that mentally pronouncing WARPED like war-ped will add a smile to all of your halflife2.net browsing (try it sometime)

In after blanket criticisms

if we could all just love tits and pussy without hating women that'd be cool
Shit :(

I don't like the way toaster writes. Makes it hard to read. Must be because shes a woman.

So the fact that every single standard is related to material wealth isn't shallow?

I figured for an athiest who was all "Everything I touch, smell, see and hear is absolute reality **** you" about everything, you wouldn't even care about standards between material and spiritual worth, no?

I like how stating a dislike for bimbos/shallow women is misogyny, but stating a dislike for guidos/chavs and such isn't misandry.

I also like how firefox's spell-check recognizes misogyny as a word, but not misandry. I find that very misandrist.

Well...i guess thats why my latest girlfriend just stopped talking to me out of the blue. Bitch wont even respond to emails, its like i dont exist anymore.

Thats why i will stick to clean hoes instead from now on (yes, they do exist). You get what you want when you want.

Well...i guess thats why my latest girlfriend just stopped talking to me out of the blue. Bitch wont even respond to emails, its like i dont exist anymore.

Thats why i will stick to clean hoes instead from now on (yes, they do exist). You get what you want when you want.

Are you sure she was your girlfriend? Who just up and leaves MIA without at least a breakup or a "see ya later"? You sure she aint dead or something?

Sounds more like you were friends w/ benefit in her view and you thought more? Just guessing..

TART? Thanks for gayifying it.

Am I on your list? I remember giving you tons of shit, simply for being female. It hid my inferiority as a man. :(

Are you sure she was your girlfriend? Who just up and leaves MIA without at least a breakup or a "see ya later"? You sure she aint dead or something?

Sounds more like you were friends w/ benefit in her view and you thought more? Just guessing..

Yes, we where officially together. I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend and she said yes. We were together for a month, but the more she realized i have no car, no job, and still live with parents, i guess she didnt want to go out anymore. But she LITERALLY stopped talking to me without an official "im breaking up with you". I can take a hint when i see one. I dont want to be pushy so i took it easy and just sent some messages, emails, tried calling her over a period of time, but she never responded, i simply dont exist in her world anymore. (Its been 2 months since last contact). And she isnt dead, she still posts on facebook.

Whatever, not like im deeply hurt and depressed, im just confused :rolling:

Hey, hey toaster. How about not everything is about all women everywhere? Now go clean the kitchen.

I don't really see this as being very valid over here. Perhaps it is in the states.

Whether you have your own place or not is really dependent on if you have a job or not but right now that's not something that is really guaranteed. Two years ago I went job hunting (I'm only a student so I was asking places like GameStop, bookshops and super markets) and I had a pretty good CV and previous retail experience and the only place that called me back was a kebab place.

As for phones, well I suppose if the kind of people who don't want mobiles aren't your style that's fair enough, but those are the only people (over here at least) that don't have them. You can get a pretty decent phone for sixty bucks and every fifteen year old has them. Honestly the only people who don't have them are the people who don't want them.

Finally having a car (the word automobile isn't much used outside of the states I think) isn't as easy or as necessary here as it is in America. Cars are far more expensive here and if you live in pretty much any city in Europe you don't need one to get around. Of course, if you live in the countryside like myself you absolutely need one, but people who live in the cities can walk and use public transport or taxis to get anywhere they need.

Edit: /me actually reads all five pages.
Oh right we're not actually talking about that anymore. I'll just go back to the Games and Gaming section.

I don't see why there's a page 2. Melanie is a very serious moron, we know that - I don't think there's much worth in prolonging exposure to that.

And yet the thread remains open. Words Samon, all you have are words.

We want to make her feel bad, I think.

I didn't see any serious misogyny in this thread... I assumed everyone was joking. I certainly chuckled at several posts in here. Is there something I'm missing? Is it not okay to even joke about misogyny? Toaster please point to me one post that you think someone was actually for serious being misogynistic.

I actually thought Toaster was joking too... Ah, whatever.

I don't see how it's shallow to have standards for the guys you date, especially when you hold yourself to the same standards.

I'm over 25 and I've let some of this stuff slide, as long as you're both working towards the same goals. That said, I don't see why anyone needs a telephone.

Cool thread btw

Aspirations, responsibility, motivation, those are valid standards. Car, phone, expensive apartments, those are not.

all i know is that everyone has a secret animal in side of them. some are the cougar, others the lion, and some even the sloth (those who don't put out) then you have those who are giant fat bears and even the illusive camels!

responsibility.

I avoid that like the plague.

all i know is that everyone has a secret animal in side of them. some are the cougar, others the lion, and some even the sloth (those who don't put out) then you have those who are giant fat bears and even the illusive camels!

You make less and less sense each day.

Aspirations, responsibility, motivation, those are valid standards. Car, phone, expensive apartments, those are not.

But...then you have to DRIVE him everywhere! (and bear the burden of gas cost)

And if a person is 30 years old, he can have all the aspirations in the world, but if he hasn't acted on any of them yet or have any achievements to show for his work (not necessarily material stuff), I'd be somewhat suspicious.

But...then you have to DRIVE him everywhere! (and bear the burden of gas cost)

Tell him to pay for some of the gas or to get his own ride to places.

And if a person is 30 years old, he can have all the aspirations in the world, but if he hasn't acted on any of them yet or have any achievements to show for his work (not necessarily material stuff), I'd be somewhat suspicious.

Hence the "motivation" element.

Tell him to pay for some of the gas or to get his own ride to places.

Hence the "motivation" element.

Well, yeah. But even if someone feels that they're motivated, they still need to act on that motivation. Not doing anything despite motivation means there's something holding you back, whether it's fear of risk or something else. This could be a sign that problems will develop down the road, if the relationship hopes to last. If they actually ARE motivated, then it should be clear that they're taking the right steps forward and isn't really an issue.

Yeah, such a person would not be good relationship material because they'd likely not stick with you through the hard times in life.

**** yeah! High five!

<high fives Remus> **** yeah!

Dude, you could totally chop a camel in its hump and drink all its milk off the... off the tip of this thing, man!

...you gotta be a TART.

At work the last couple weeks we've been developing new dating qualifications. We finally think we found the perfect standard, TART.

Trade (aka job)
Automobile
Residence (not living with your parentals)
Telephone (because cellphone doesn't fit)

Now because it's really hard to find someone at my age who actually meets those standards, there are some exceptions but only if you're under 25.

If you're under 25, you're acceptable if you have AT LEAST 2 out of 4, with goals. If you're over 25, your shit should definitely be together by now.

I don't have a cellphone but I have a big dick. Ptch. I won't even associate with a girl that makes a list of requirements for dating. I mean, like, you don't know what you want? Well, I'm a dude, so I'm not sure I can relate, but I never cared about material wealth. As long as she isn't living on the street, etc.

I don't have a cellphone but I have a big dick. Ptch. I won't even associate with a girl that makes a list of requirements for dating. I mean, like, you don't know what you want? Well, I'm a dude, so I'm not sure I can relate, but I never cared about material wealth. As long as she isn't living on the street, etc.
Second.

Not everybody lives in a big city with buses everywhere or everything within walking distance.

Still waiting on your reply toast.

I won't even associate with a girl that makes a list of requirements for dating. I mean, like, you don't know what you want?
Also this is essentially what I was trying to say with my first reply in this thread.

anyone have one of those friends though, that has a long list of wants in a woman, and its damn near impossible to fit those requirements. I keep telling him you'll never get a girlfriend again if you keep this up. i say the first thing that walks in front of me that has 2 legs, 2 boobs and a va jay jay I'm definitely going to try for it (she doesn't even need arms for all i care). in fact I'm taking my friend to a wedding and i think she is lying about having a boyfriend because she never said who he is and she texts and talks to me constantly.

Man, you require two legs? That's harsh man.

This thread has some, great, great... posts in it... I'm just, overwhelmed here, I'm not sure how to respond...

Back