If you want to date shallow girls (or have taste like WARPED)...

mjom51.jpg

Why? Take the bus. Or, you know... walk.

I know that reliable public transportation must exist somewhere, but aside from Germany I've never lived anywhere that a bus was a serious option. Shit, the only way to my job is ten miles on a gigantic 12-lane highway, yet going in the opposite direction, my boyfriend gets to take the train right to work :(

I know that reliable public transportation must exist somewhere, but aside from Germany I've never lived anywhere that a bus was a serious option. Shit, the only way to my job is ten miles on a gigantic 12-lane highway, yet going in the opposite direction, my boyfriend gets to take the train right to work :(

The DART system is atrocious. What would normally take 30 minutes would often take 2 hours just to get to by bus.

Just because you're with somebody without a car though, I don't think it's your responsibility to chauffeur them around unless you want to.

Well, yeah. But even if someone feels that they're motivated, they still need to act on that motivation. Not doing anything despite motivation means there's something holding you back, whether it's fear of risk or something else. This could be a sign that problems will develop down the road, if the relationship hopes to last. If they actually ARE motivated, then it should be clear that they're taking the right steps forward and isn't really an issue.

Motivation incorporates action. Otherwise it'd be a synonym for aspiration, which it isn't. Semantics, I know, but I think you're saying the same thing as I am.

Also, I hate the way Angela Carter writes as well. Angela Carter, being a woman, further proves than women write in an obnoxious fashion.

It really wasn't so much a response to anything specific in the thread but rather a comment on the general direction of the thread (and indeed how these things happen on the internet as a whole). I'm all for making inappropriate jokes where they're, well, appropriate (like I said page 2 was ****in' grade A mate), but the most essential thing about those kind of jokes is that everyone involved (teller & listener) are aware of the serious implications underlying. As it is, though, most people just don't know very much about feminism; it's really a shame because the fundamental structure of feminism is not so much didactic ideology as so many think it is but instead a contextual understanding of the systems which are in place and how they came to exist as they are. Once you can recognize the historical and social forces which effect the institutions as they are, as machines which perpetuate the repression of one group for the benefit of another, then it becomes quite easy to choose a route of passive noncompliance. And then, well... surprise! You're a feminist!

But toaster, you protest, certainly feminism is commensurate with castration! No no sweetcheeks dollface you've got it all wrong: the brilliant thing about the problem of institutionalized misogyny is that it is a problem which can be eliminated simply by refusing to partake in a harmful system. An example: it's a fairly elementary and commonly accepted idea (even outside of feminist circles) that women are aestheticized to an extent that routinely eclipses any other asset (lol) of their character. When an entire group of people are confined by society to that single facet of their person, confined to only their surface, their aesthetics, confined to synecdoche: that is when oppression begins.

Have you ever wondered just why it is that women so frequently seem to end up being catty and unpleasant to each other over silly things? Surprise! They've been pressured to conform to a system in which their entire worth is frequently balanced on inconsequential superficial attributes, and that can cause some problems sometimes!!! (And also you've probably been conditioned to approach any disagreement between women as omg catfight drama~~ but that's neither here nor there, institutions are just a barrel full of laughs) But there's no point in trying to dismantle these ideas by force--You there, wipe away that makeup! And you, cover up those legs! It just doesn't quite work. In fact, any such attempted dismantling can only result in further oppression by denying people opportunities to express and appreciate beauty: an innate aspect of humanity. There is nothing intrinsically harmful about shallowness; in fact, its very nature makes it easy to overcome. So when I wear my pretty clothes an makeup, I haven't been claimed by the patriarchy or whatever the ****: I can put together a cogent argument which interrogates the objectification of women in such a manner; I can refuse to use specifically misogynist terms as weapons; I can refuse to perpetuate those pernicious ideas through my speech and actions; I can refuse to partake in the system. It's that simple.

Anyway, that's just one example, but an illustrative one; it's easy to loves us some tits and pussy without hating women. By this point I've pretty much hijacked the thread with off topic longpost but well I'm not really that sorry because it's not like the original topic was even very interesting at all, now was it? To anyone who finds themselves intrigued, as always I recommend Angela Carter as a starting point; her ideas are solid as **** and her prose style is as intricate and referential as Nabokov's, she's a right ****ing blast to read she is. (My signature is a quote from her novel Nights at the Circus)

And anyway beside all that I was a bit worried that with the direction of the thread it quickly turn into "lol Melanie is stupid, lol women are stupid" but that seems to have been avoided entirely, good show halflife2.net. As you can imagine it can be rather disconcerting when stupid people are routinely 'claimed' by ideological forces and then extrapolated to your entire gender, feels bad like

I'm a friend of feminism. Always have been, really. And I don't mean to simply cut down your huge post with a simple statement like that... but honestly I don't have a whole lot of reason to dissect it. Can't say the same for other people though.

so many words
Melanie is playing into those machines of mysogeny you talk about by being a needy materialistic bitch (nah ah girlfriend, finger snaps etc). The guys responded with an equal stereotype of men. The sad part is that Mel is serious.

BUT MAYBE WE ARE TOO

20100905143558capture.png

****ing hell toaster, did you literally type that with your vagina or what.

Whats it called if you hate on natural born shemales?

I figured for an athiest who was all "Everything I touch, smell, see and hear is absolute reality **** you" about everything, you wouldn't even care about standards between material and spiritual worth, no?
Confused by this. Are you implying his thinking that material traits are less important shows that he contradicts his anti-spiritual views? Because he doesn't mention spirituality and finding character, personality, and maturity important doesn't require any sort of spiritual belief. Then again, I really don't know if I understand what you're saying at all, so feel free to elaborate.
all i know is that everyone has a secret animal in side of them. some are the cougar, others the lion, and some even the sloth (those who don't put out) then you have those who are giant fat bears and even the illusive camels!

Honestly now, why do you exist?

Confused by this. Are you implying his thinking that material traits are less important shows that he contradicts his anti-spiritual views? Because he doesn't mention spirituality and finding character, personality, and maturity important doesn't require any sort of spiritual belief. Then again, I really don't know if I understand what you're saying at all, so feel free to elaborate.

I think the original point was suggesting to the ultimate futility of having such standards "Cause you just gonna' rot in the ground anyway" sort of thing.

tbh I was pretty high.

And it was more of "Poking Eejit with a stick" sort of post than any serious input

Speaking of poking and sticks.

warped said:
all i know is that everyone has a secret animal in side of them. some are the cougar, others the lion, and some even the sloth (those who don't put out) then you have those who are giant fat bears and even the illusive camels!

It really wasn't so much a response to anything specific in the thread but rather a comment on the general direction of the thread (and indeed how these things happen on the internet as a whole). I'm all for making inappropriate jokes where they're, well, appropriate (like I said page 2 was ****in' grade A mate), but the most essential thing about those kind of jokes is that everyone involved (teller & listener) are aware of the serious implications underlying. As it is, though, most people just don't know very much about feminism; it's really a shame because the fundamental structure of feminism is not so much didactic ideology as so many think it is but instead a contextual understanding of the systems which are in place and how they came to exist as they are. Once you can recognize the historical and social forces which effect the institutions as they are, as machines which perpetuate the repression of one group for the benefit of another, then it becomes quite easy to choose a route of passive noncompliance. And then, well... surprise! You're a feminist!

But toaster, you protest, certainly feminism is commensurate with castration! No no sweetcheeks dollface you've got it all wrong: the brilliant thing about the problem of institutionalized misogyny is that it is a problem which can be eliminated simply by refusing to partake in a harmful system. An example: it's a fairly elementary and commonly accepted idea (even outside of feminist circles) that women are aestheticized to an extent that routinely eclipses any other asset (lol) of their character. When an entire group of people are confined by society to that single facet of their person, confined to only their surface, their aesthetics, confined to synecdoche: that is when oppression begins.

Have you ever wondered just why it is that women so frequently seem to end up being catty and unpleasant to each other over silly things? Surprise! They've been pressured to conform to a system in which their entire worth is frequently balanced on inconsequential superficial attributes, and that can cause some problems sometimes!!! (And also you've probably been conditioned to approach any disagreement between women as omg catfight drama~~ but that's neither here nor there, institutions are just a barrel full of laughs) But there's no point in trying to dismantle these ideas by force--You there, wipe away that makeup! And you, cover up those legs! It just doesn't quite work. In fact, any such attempted dismantling can only result in further oppression by denying people opportunities to express and appreciate beauty: an innate aspect of humanity. There is nothing intrinsically harmful about shallowness; in fact, its very nature makes it easy to overcome. So when I wear my pretty clothes an makeup, I haven't been claimed by the patriarchy or whatever the ****: I can put together a cogent argument which interrogates the objectification of women in such a manner; I can refuse to use specifically misogynist terms as weapons; I can refuse to perpetuate those pernicious ideas through my speech and actions; I can refuse to partake in the system. It's that simple.

Anyway, that's just one example, but an illustrative one; it's easy to loves us some tits and pussy without hating women. By this point I've pretty much hijacked the thread with off topic longpost but well I'm not really that sorry because it's not like the original topic was even very interesting at all, now was it? To anyone who finds themselves intrigued, as always I recommend Angela Carter as a starting point; her ideas are solid as **** and her prose style is as intricate and referential as Nabokov's, she's a right ****ing blast to read she is. (My signature is a quote from her novel Nights at the Circus)

And anyway beside all that I was a bit worried that with the direction of the thread it quickly turn into "lol Melanie is stupid, lol women are stupid" but that seems to have been avoided entirely, good show halflife2.net. As you can imagine it can be rather disconcerting when stupid people are routinely 'claimed' by ideological forces and then extrapolated to your entire gender, feels bad like
Jesus christ, someone get this girl an oven.

speaking of which, I haven't heard anyone mutter the words, "make me a sammich bitch, I'm playing COD!" because thats usually how American relationships work these days.

I like girls that **** back.

I'm sorry, is that still on topic?

The whole feminism angle is starting to piss me off a bit. You get your way as a woman in today's society by right, and thats perfectly fine of course, its equality etc etc, dont pin me on saying men are better yada yada yada, but I think in some ways it has flipped the coin in women's favour, making it harder for men.

We have slowly become a society that has become obsessed with men and women social interaction etiquette. Its almost as if we have some unwritten rule about how to approach women, a certain style, like if you want to meet a woman you have to stalk her in a certain way like some lion stalking prey, and if you dont say the right words, you're brushed aside by female power like some ***king foundation brush.

Nothing a man can say or do these days can be interpreted as 'original'. Anything you say or do has inevitably been done before in a movie or a song, something that women sigh lovingly about alone on their couches on a Saturday night, nursing their relationship with Mr Ben and Mr Jerry, watching Love Actually or Notting Hill for the millionth time, wondering why that cant happen to them and why they dont have a boyfriend who makes them feel special every day. But if a man said the exact same line that came from a film or a book that you knew straight away, you'd be laughing in your head at how pathetic you thought this guy way, and how unoriginal of him. As well as that, you shoot the guy down simply because he doesn't tick all the boxes on your list. Does he have washboard abs? Check. Does he have highlighted hair? Check. Does he have biceps the size of Bournemouth? Check. Is he 6ft 2 with size 11 feet. No? Sorry mate, but I'll take the coffee offer as its free, lead you on a bit as its fun and then never see you again or care how that makes you feel. Or they just shag you anyway because that makes them feel better about themselves, ignoring the fact that alot of guys out there dont actually care about the sex and want more than that.

Women have become so...I dont know if hypocritical is the right word. Now don't get me wrong, obviously I love women, being around them etc, but stop calling the kettle black. You think men ACTUALLY lie more than women? Don't make me laugh.

Women on average put something like 500 chemicals on their body every ***king day. You have hundreds and hundreds of products that I cant even list anymore. MY last girlfriend had 4 types of mascara. 4! Its eyelashes for **ck sake! How can the newest one actually be better than the last one, and they always claim it gives you fuller and longer (our longest ever), and women fall for this **it EVERY TIME. ''Our longest ever'' is a line used pretty much every damn time a new mascara is released. If you were happy with the last one, why get this one??? Trust me, the only people that care about how long your eyelashes are are yourself and your best friend.

You call men liars, yet you're a walking lie every damn day. Control top pantyhose, hidden corsets, pushup bras, stockings etc. With a man, what you see is what you get. The extreme we go to is a sock down the front of our pants. Women want to look like celebrities in HEAT magazine, yet have you seen these women without £1000 worth of makeup on applied by the best makeup artists around? Its like looking at Gollum sometimes, to the point where you only just recognize the woman as someone famous, and then wonder why you though they were so attractive in the first place.

And this all drives me insane, but I understand.

Why do women do all this? It is actually quite simple; they believe they have imperfections or flaws.

This causes them to have body-image issues. Every woman has them. Its almost ingrained, its something that will never fade out of your thoughts.
All women have atleast one part of themselves that they hate and would change in a heartbeat; their hair is too straight, their legs are too long, hands are too big, eyes are too wide, nose is too big, butt is too flat etc etc. And women want men to compliment them about how they look etc, but absolutely NOTHING A MAN SAYS can make her change the way she feels.

What the vast majority of us (men) don't understand is why women do what they do each day, why they dress themselves up and put their makeup and fake tans on. The right clothes, the right shoes, the right colour and natural look of makeup, all the things men laugh about and stereotype women with, they all hide the flaws women think they have, which makes them beautiful to themselves. Which in turn, makes them look beautiful to others.

Its a vicious cycle. I see women in bars or clubs that have clearly spent hours doing their hair that way, putting on a killer outfit, so that they can be at the place with the knowledge that men are looking at her, making her feel empowered. But to me these days, I see a woman that looks like she's put alot of effort into the way she looks, to me it just publicizes the fact that you have more image-issues than the other woman around you. There's covering up, and then there's trying too hard. It says to me that you're conscious of something you're not happy with about yourself and you've become obsessed with trying to make it disappear, and that, for me, isn't attractive.

Men aren't happy about one thing; their penis size. Why? Becomes its the women that will be the judge, the jury and the executioners. The average size is 6 inches or 6.5 inches or something like that. If its higher, so? If its smaller, so? Its what you've got, and you cant change it, so why ***king worry? You dont see us shading our penises with makeup or using mascara on our hairs do you?

You want a man that make you laugh, sense of humour is the number one personality trait a guy can have for a woman, but if a gang of lean, mean, play-by-their-own-rules, bike-riding Calvin Klein underwear models came into the bar and beat up every humorous guy in there, you would be weak at the knees.

The whole feminism angle is starting to piss me off a bit. You get your way as a woman in today's society by right, and thats perfectly fine of course, its equality etc etc, dont pin me on saying men are better yada yada yada, but I think in some ways it has flipped the coin in women's favour, making it harder for men.

We have slowly become a society that has become obsessed with men and women social interaction etiquette. Its almost as if we have some unwritten rule about how to approach women, a certain style, like if you want to meet a woman you have to stalk her in a certain way like some lion stalking prey, and if you dont say the right words, you're brushed aside by female power like some ***king foundation brush.

Nothing a man can say or do these days can be interpreted as 'original'. Anything you say or do has inevitably been done before in a movie or a song, something that women sigh lovingly about alone on their couches on a Saturday night, nursing their relationship with Mr Ben and Mr Jerry, watching Love Actually or Notting Hill for the millionth time, wondering why that cant happen to them and why they dont have a boyfriend who makes them feel special every day. But if a man said the exact same line that came from a film or a book that you knew straight away, you'd be laughing in your head at how pathetic you thought this guy way, and how unoriginal of him. As well as that, you shoot the guy down simply because he doesn't tick all the boxes on your list. Does he have washboard abs? Check. Does he have highlighted hair? Check. Does he have biceps the size of Bournemouth? Check. Is he 6ft 2 with size 11 feet. No? Sorry mate, but I'll take the coffee offer as its free, lead you on a bit as its fun and then never see you again or care how that makes you feel. Or they just shag you anyway because that makes them feel better about themselves, ignoring the fact that alot of guys out there dont actually care about the sex and want more than that.

Women have become so...I dont know if hypocritical is the right word. Now don't get me wrong, obviously I love women, being around them etc, but stop calling the kettle black. You think men ACTUALLY lie more than women? Don't make me laugh.

Women on average put something like 500 chemicals on their body every ***king day. You have hundreds and hundreds of products that I cant even list anymore. MY last girlfriend had 4 types of mascara. 4! Its eyelashes for **ck sake! How can the newest one actually be better than the last one, and they always claim it gives you fuller and longer (our longest ever), and women fall for this **it EVERY TIME. ''Our longest ever'' is a line used pretty much every damn time a new mascara is released. If you were happy with the last one, why get this one??? Trust me, the only people that care about how long your eyelashes are are yourself and your best friend.

You call men liars, yet you're a walking lie every damn day. Control top pantyhose, hidden corsets, pushup bras, stockings etc. With a man, what you see is what you get. The extreme we go to is a sock down the front of our pants. Women want to look like celebrities in HEAT magazine, yet have you seen these women without £1000 worth of makeup on applied by the best makeup artists around? Its like looking at Gollum sometimes, to the point where you only just recognize the woman as someone famous, and then wonder why you though they were so attractive in the first place.

And this all drives me insane, but I understand.

Why do women do all this? It is actually quite simple; they believe they have imperfections or flaws.

This causes them to have body-image issues. Every woman has them. Its almost ingrained, its something that will never fade out of your thoughts.
All women have atleast one part of themselves that they hate and would change in a heartbeat; their hair is too straight, their legs are too long, hands are too big, eyes are too wide, nose is too big, butt is too flat etc etc. And women want men to compliment them about how they look etc, but absolutely NOTHING A MAN SAYS can make her change the way she feels.

What the vast majority of us (men) don't understand is why women do what they do each day, why they dress themselves up and put their makeup and fake tans on. The right clothes, the right shoes, the right colour and natural look of makeup, all the things men laugh about and stereotype women with, they all hide the flaws women think they have, which makes them beautiful to themselves. Which in turn, makes them look beautiful to others.

Its a vicious cycle. I see women in bars or clubs that have clearly spent hours doing their hair that way, putting on a killer outfit, so that they can be at the place with the knowledge that men are looking at her, making her feel empowered. But to me these days, I see a woman that looks like she's put alot of effort into the way she looks, to me it just publicizes the fact that you have more image-issues than the other woman around you. There's covering up, and then there's trying too hard. It says to me that you're conscious of something you're not happy with about yourself and you've become obsessed with trying to make it disappear, and that, for me, isn't attractive.

Men aren't happy about one thing; their penis size. Why? Becomes its the women that will be the judge, the jury and the executioners. The average size is 6 inches or 6.5 inches or something like that. If its higher, so? If its smaller, so? Its what you've got, and you cant change it, so why ***king worry? You dont see us shading our penises with makeup or using mascara on our hairs do you?

You want a man that make you laugh, sense of humour is the number one personality trait a guy can have for a woman, but if a gang of lean, mean, play-by-their-own-rules, bike-riding Calvin Klein underwear models came into the bar and beat up every humorous guy in there, you would be weak at the knees.

I sent this to a friend of mine, and her response kind of sums it up nicely I think:

Phoebe says:
err wow
Phoebe says:
in an average day ...how many penises does he think people see?

You may be in need of a couch session, Dynasty.

Male counterpart to Melanie detected.

DOES HE HAVE A CAR? A JOB? A MOBILE PHONE? DOES HE DRAG FLAGS ACROSS THE FLOOR LIKE THEY'RE GODDAMNED TARPS?

Well... our penises naturally stand out.

With regards to the original TART criteria, isn't that what anyone wants from anyone? I mean, over the age of 25, I'd expect any woman I courted to have those same things: a career, a place, a phone (if not a car; I live in a city). It's not really that superficial at all.

Anyway, it's kind of funny how closely Dynasty's post - for all its "these days" and "women have become" - resembles misogynistic diatribes of the freakin' 1700s.

Plus, as far as patriarchy goes, it's a pretty cliched manouver to inflict things on women and then blame the women themselves. "Look at these women, none of them have jobs! Obviously they aren't capable of working."

I sent this to a friend of mine, and her response kind of sums it up nicely I think:

Phoebe says:
err wow
Phoebe says:
in an average day ...how many penises does he think people see?
At risk of repeating myself: I'd be for push-up bras if there were push-up boxers.

With regards to the original TART criteria, isn't that what anyone wants from anyone? I mean, over the age of 25, I'd expect any woman I courted to have those same things: a career, a place, a phone (if not a car; I live in a city). It's not really that superficial at all.
Well you can really pick it apart on three levels:

a) The requirements are so obvious they're redundant and hardly worth thinking about, let alone thinking of an acronym to remember when hey, they're kind of dumb, random, easy to remember, and not the most important things.

b) Because she made a list of things to have while neglecting to mention anything else it makes it appear as though her first priority in selecting a mate is what he owns.

3) There are plenty of situations where this is pretty ****ed up, rather than just being a system to avoid homeless people. Sure, odds are most anyone over 18 has a cellphone because it's a huge convenience to the point of being kind of dumb or stubborn to deliberately not have it. Okay, you're in the 1% that doesn't have a cellphone. You're also this Melanie person's ~one true love~. But you don't have TART for whatever reason so forget about it. The same goes for pretty much all of them. Just got laid off? Failure. Need to live with your parents for a while to get back on your feet? Well why don't you give up on romance you hopeless human being, you're obviously a loser. But not to worry, since spending your life with this Melanie person is evidently the most terrible hell there can be.
And generally with men, what you see is definitely not what you get. It never is with anybody.

NO GIRLS ARE DUMB AND NEVER GIVE THINGS TO YOU STRAIGHT AND ALWAYS PLAY PSCHOLOGICAL MINDGAMES BECAUSE THEY'RE SO INSECURE WHEREAS WE'RE JUST AVERAGE JOES TRYIN' TO FIND LOVE AND BE STRAIGHT WIT YOU.

Dynasty generally tries to keep to a 'Make a total fool of myself' once a month quota. He's like a werewolf except just really dumb.

Dynasty generally tries to keep to a 'Make a total fool of myself' once a month quota. He's like a werewolf except just really dumb.

You've only been here for like two months.

And he's done it two, maybe three times already!

also I could have sworn Interface was some guy that was here already and for a long time wtf

I am a success of the 'You cannot view the offtopic forums unless you're a member' world domination plan. I guess the only thing that kept me lurking and not posting was my laziness.

Back