IFC Memorial spokesperson tells 9/11 family member "Nice Try"

Reaction score
First, a little background info on what the IFC is doing at the WTC.
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110006791
Horrible.

Now watch this, what an IFC spokesperson said to the sister of one of the 9/11 plane pilots- "Nice try"

She was arguing against what he's saying. Especially his quote (not in the video) that "40% of the families agree with us" Wrong, she called him on it too, they called 100 family members, and only 40 of them said they agree with this trash. regardless of if you hate O'Reilly this isn't one of his Op Ed pieces, it's just on his show since the incident happened on Fox. The video is the guy telling what happened and video

http://takebackthememorial.org/uploads/OREILLY-06.21.05.wmv

I urge you to visit Take Back The Memorial's website, and get info on the petition.

http://takebackthememorial.org/

'The so-called lessons of September 11 should not be force-fed by ideologues hoping to use the memorial site as nothing more than a powerful visual aid to promote their agenda. Instead of exhibits and symposiums about Internationalism and Global Policy we should hear the story of the courageous young firefighter whose body, cut in half, was found with his legs entwined around the body of a woman. Recovery personnel concluded that because of their positions, the young firefighter was carrying her.

The people who visit Ground Zero in five years will come because they want to pay their respects at the place where heroes died. They will come because they want to remember what they saw that day, because they want a personal connection, to touch the place that touched them, the place that rallied the nation and changed their lives forever. I would wager that, if given a choice, they would rather walk through that dusty hangar at JFK Airport where 1,000 World Trade Center artifacts are stored than be herded through the International Freedom Center's multi-million-dollar insult. '

looks like the two of them were bickering like little kids. How pathetic of them.

lol I cant wait to come to cali and laughing my ass off everyday
freedom isnt a word owned by the US O reily is a human sized turd

Lemonking said:

I think you're missing the point of the thread.

bliink said:
looks like the two of them were bickering like little kids. How pathetic of them.
Ms. Burlingame is a member of the board of directors of the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation and the sister of Charles F. "Chic" Burlingame III, pilot of American Airlines fight 77, which was crashed at the Pentagon on September 11, 2001.

Find a video of the Fox and Friends broadcast (the author of the article is the same woman he told "Nice try") Don't call her pathetic until you know what's going on. The only pathetic one was that IFC guy.

Lemonking said:
Did you even read the article?

ah I should wrote more..I mean reily makes it sound bad putting other stuff in the museum then 9/11 stuff it sounds like "freedom" is copyrighted by the US

edit:na to lazy I watched the vid

RakuraiTenjin said:
Ms. Burlingame is a member of the board of directors of the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation and the sister of Charles F. "Chic" Burlingame III, pilot of American Airlines fight 77, which was crashed at the Pentagon on September 11, 2001.

Find a video of the Fox and Friends broadcast (the author of the article is the same woman he told "Nice try") Don't call her pathetic until you know what's going on. The only pathetic one was that IFC guy.

I watched it (not the F&F's vid though- I cant find that) and it was clear from the description of events from the co-host that the two were involved in an altercation before the on-air segment (eg in the green room).
Yes, the comment from the IFC official was disgraceful, but it takes two to tango. Behaviour such as that is always the result of a conflict between two people.

If the IFC official responded in a way that would imply that Burlingame was behaving as if to attract sympathy then something had obviously upset him to begin with.

I'm not blaming either one in particular, but I'm just saying that from my experiences and knowledge; these types of altercations occur when both participants bounce off each other. No one person suddenly walks in and acts so childishly.

EDIT: I'd like a chance to analyse the fox & friends clip if its around though.

Lemonking said:
ah I should wrote more..I mean reily makes it sound bad putting other stuff in the museum then 9/11 stuff it sounds like "freedom" is copyrighted by the US

edit:na to lazy I watched the vid
If you didn't read the article you have no idea what's going on then.

ah ok I get.....well then let other people do it we have memorials everywhere in Germany
they tell us how "evil" we are so I would be pissed to but I aslo think it wouldnt be to bad to also talk other stuff in that Museum

Lemonking said:
ah ok I get.....well then let other people do it we have memorials everywhere in Germany
they tell us how "evil" we are so I would be pissed to but I aslo think it wouldnt be to bad to also talk other stuff in that Museum
That's not the place to talk about it, though. It's not right at all.

The 9/11 Memorial should be about THAT. The people and heroes of 9/11 solely.

The IFC can do their thing somewhere else, but instead they've stolen ground zero. The IFC is getting 300,000 square feet for this museum, but the WTC Memorial only gets 50,000 and not the prominence of this. It saddens and sickens me, if the IFC wants to make things right they won't do this.

Lemonking said:
whats so bad talking about freedom as a "whole" ?
There isn't. It's innappropriate on GROUND ZERO.

The WTC memorial, at the location it happened, should be solely devoted to those who lost their lives on that day.

Not about policies, not about stuff after it, not about anything else.

Keep politics OUT of Ground Zero

Ground Zero will always be a political symbol....
my last post in thread you just dont want to understand

Thats pretty damn stupid. I can respect something like what they are putting up, but over ground zero, when its not even about that?

Lemonking said:
Ground Zero will always be a political symbol....
my last post in thread you just dont want to understand
You don't seem to understand the concept of a memorial then. It's sad Ground Zero will be turned into something like this
05.06.19.StepRightUp.-Xgif

RakuraiTenjin said:
You don't seem to understand the concept of a memorial then. It's sad Ground Zero will be turned into something like this
05.06.19.StepRightUp.-Xgif

Somethings broken about your link

The 9/11 memorial should contain no politics, right of left. It should be a memorial to inform future generations of the tragedy and the heroes involved in that day.

By making it anti-american you are spitting on america, and putting this on ground zero is adding salt to Americas wounds. What they are doing is absolutely horrible.

Its kind of like going to a WWII veterans parade with a float that depicts "The Futility of War"

I can open it as well...but the I have nothing to open that format with so it's of no help hah.

Glirk Dient said:
I can open it as well...but the I have nothing to open that format with so it's of no help hah.

oh.. I didn't think "-Xgif" was a format..

bliink said:
oh.. I didn't think "-Xgif" was a format..
Opens fine in IE for me. It was just a cartoon, but the message is strong.

Attachments

• 05.06.19.gif
    05.06.19.gif
    59.2 KB · Views: 249
So it's basicly about republicans trying look the other way once more, instead of getting a lesson in history. You people used 9/11 as a pretence for war, you used it to bring so-called freedom to nations, arent the towers supposed to be named freedomtowers, wtf did you expect other then a lesson in freedom. They want you to learn what the consequenses of your actions are after 9/11, they want to give meaning to their deaths, they want to explain what humans are capable of, why something like the WTC can happen. You just want to look like your patriotic, and then go jerk off to some gore video's from abu graib.

I havent seen the video (I'm at work) ....I can see how people would get pissed (especially the families) but a memorial must be truthful or they died in vain. If you dont learn from your mistakes (you havent) you're doomed to repeat them

CptStern said:
I havent seen the video (I'm at work) ....I can see how people would get pissed (especially the families) but a memorial must be truthful or they died in vain. If you dont learn from your mistakes (you havent) you're doomed to repeat them
It's got stuff about native american genocide, hitler's rise, etc etc. It doesn't have to do with 9/11 so it's not really exposing any truths about it or something and doesn't belong there, the memorial should be exactly that. A tribute to those who lost their lives that day that everyone can come together at to see.

All that stuff belongs in a museum, not at Ground Zero.

well to be honest I have to look further into it to formulate an opinion ...I really cant make a judgement based on so little information

I believe Ground Zero should be a capture of the attack and the aftermath. Not at all a righty-or-lefty political car-wash of opinions. Because the politicians were'nt attacked that day, we were. The people.

Grey Fox said:
So it's basicly about republicans trying look the other way once more, instead of getting a lesson in history. You people used 9/11 as a pretence for war, you used it to bring so-called freedom to nations, arent the towers supposed to be named freedomtowers, wtf did you expect other then a lesson in freedom. They want you to learn what the consequenses of your actions are after 9/11, they want to give meaning to their deaths, they want to explain what humans are capable of, why something like the WTC can happen. You just want to look like your patriotic, and then go jerk off to some gore video's from abu graib.

Excuse me? Your post was just full of crap.

These people were killed, and likely had absolutely no idea why. The 'museum' about freedom does nothing about making a memorial for those who died on the largest foreign attack on USA soil since pearl harbor. The memorial should not digress about completely unrelated stuff.

You know what its like? Its like going to the funeral of a very loved family member, and hearing the people talking about 'why' they died, rambling on and on about guns, and gun control... when how the person actually died was a freak accident with a gun.

These peoples deaths shouldnt be marked by some sort of 'history lesson', thus making their actual deaths less meaningful. Instead, it paints the message that these people died so somebody could put up a political museum.

How would you feel if these people went over to Japan, in the cities that were nuked, and put up gigantic, massive buildings in the epicenter of where they detonated, featuring the violent, brutal history of Japan that led up to world war II, especially during, and how the americans had no choice but to nuke, rather than face the deaths of millions of american and even more japanese lives? Its the exact same thing, and its disgusting. Those people didn't deserve to be nuked, and neither did those people who died in the WTC deserve to be killed in an airliner explosion and skyscrapers tumbling to the ground. All the 'museum' does is make it seem like they did deserve it.

Its political, and its disgusting.

I'm still dying to hear what opinion Stern has formulated.

Raziaar said:
Excuse me? Your post was just full of crap.

These people were killed, and likely had absolutely no idea why. The 'museum' about freedom does nothing about making a memorial for those who died on the largest foreign attack on USA soil since pearl harbor. The memorial should not digress about completely unrelated stuff.

You know what its like? Its like going to the funeral of a very loved family member, and hearing the people talking about 'why' they died, rambling on and on about guns, and gun control... when how the person actually died was a freak accident with a gun.

These peoples deaths shouldnt be marked by some sort of 'history lesson', thus making their actual deaths less meaningful. Instead, it paints the message that these people died so somebody could put up a political museum.

How would you feel if these people went over to Japan, in the cities that were nuked, and put up gigantic, massive buildings in the epicenter of where they detonated, featuring the violent, brutal history of Japan that led up to world war II, especially during, and how the americans had no choice but to nuke, rather than face the deaths of millions of american and even more japanese lives? Its the exact same thing, and its disgusting. Those people didn't deserve to be nuked, and neither did those people who died in the WTC deserve to be killed in an airliner explosion and skyscrapers tumbling to the ground. All the 'museum' does is make it seem like they did deserve it.

Its political, and its disgusting.

that would be wonderfull, japanese people would be reminded why it happend, what mistakes where made. No, the problem is that people do not want to be confronted with reality, and thats why we make and will make the same mistakes all over again.

Second, how dare the same people that used the deaths of those people as a excuse for war now make a big issue out of this. What they did was far worst. Why didn't tenjin make a thread about the guy who's dad was killed in WTC, and who objected against the war, but was publicly humiliated and cursed at O'reilly on his show. Your point is understandable, but that does not mean you aren't full of it, and you folks are the last one who should complain about using this tragedy for political purposes.

People should leave this as a memorial for the victims, not a history lesson, where people can come to get discussions on why this happened, or how this happened. Thats what f***ing history books are for.

Thne ****ing don't call it the freedomtowers, if won't have anything to do with freedom, thats then total bullshit, havethose buildings strictly as memorial. You people clearly want them to be something more than that.

Grey Fox said:
Thne ****ing don't call it the freedomtowers, if won't have anything to do with freedom, thats then total bullshit, havethose buildings strictly as memorial. You people clearly want them to be something more than that.
i think part of the land should be a memorial, the rest should be a school

I disagree with making it anything else more then it is. I don't think it should be a school, a liberal-lesson line, or a conservative freedom bash; it should be two large piles of rubble still being picked apart, and if anything else less then that, left like all graves are: Alone.

I think it's utterly pathetic that 9/11 was used by Bush to further his agenda and now tons of other people, like the ones creating this memorial.

It's such a horrific event and people are using it to their advantage, to further their political views and whatnot... makes me so angry, it's completely disgraceful.

K e r b e r o s said:
I disagree with making it anything else more then it is. I don't think it should be a school, a liberal-lesson line, or a conservative freedom bash; it should be two large piles of rubble still being picked apart, and if anything else less then that, left like all graves are: Alone.

I agree with this, no nonsense, the left and the right will use it to their advantage otherwise, this is the best solution, it's a memorial and much stronger reminder than a couple new towers.

Grey Fox said:
I agree with this, no nonsense, the left and the right will use it to their advantage otherwise, this is the best solution, it's a memorial and much stronger reminder than a couple new towers.
The organization doing the memorial is not the companies making the towers.

The memorial is a seperate area that is simply dedicated to those who lost their lives on that day. I belive it'll have two reflecting pools with names inscribed on pillars or something along those lines. THAT is simply what it should be. Not this "HISTORY OF FREEDOM" bull.

Back