In Soviet Russia, Vodka drowns you

jet_porkins

Reaction score
Russia’s heat wave is almost one month old, and is showing no signs of letting up.

Air conditioner suppliers caught by surprise by the high temperatures have run out of stock, and home appliance stores have back-orders of up to three weeks (two companies declined our request to film people looking for air-conditioners in their stores because they didn’t want us to show empty shelves).

This is the sad part:

Muscovites still do a pretty good job of escaping it, though. Any part of Moscow that has water – fountains, the river, even barge canals – has been full of people swimming and sunbathing.
But the Russian Emergency Ministry’s web site shows perhaps the harshest measure of the heat wave: the death toll. Over 2,000 people have drowned in Russia since June 1.

And this past Monday broke an unfortunate record: 71 people drowned in a 24-hour period.

According to Vadim Seryogin, a ministry official, many of the cases are due to people swimming while drunk.

Apparently they're expecting to lose about $1 billion in lost farmland.

Maybe they'll think twice before going for a "cold one" the next time such a bizarre heat wave occurs.

being drunk is part of being russian,telling a russian to stop drinking is like telling him to stop beign russian

This makes me embarrassed to have some distant Russian blood in me. :frown:

I can't believe Cancer is ashamed of having Awesome in his blood.

Why doesn't Cancer just drown his sorrows.

Haha, I get the joke. Because normally, you drown vodka!

In soviet russia, sorrows drown you in vodka.

I came here to say the joke was wrong but Krynn beat me to it. Now I'm just standing here looking stupid. I hope no one notices that I put my unerwear on backwards. ****! Well I might as well try and say something witty.

Hey guys. Cake's a good thing to eat.

Back