**Increase your performance in BF2**

Dark8Master89

Reaction score
1. Change the settings to what you like, High or what ever!
2. Apply the settings then dont do anything else but exit the game.
3. In 'My Documents' folder go to battlefield2/mods/BF2/Cache
4. Delete all the folders in there.
5. Start the game!

I found this on the web and people are saying it works!
I hav'nt Managed to try it yet, Since those stupid servers are down again!
Well if it worked enjoy ;)

I could be stupid, but I'm pretty sure that just deletes your custom files and restores it to the default settings.

You'll just be deleting the shader configs, which are re-created upon entering another game.

Edit - A placebo, at best.

It might help, I'm not ruling out that possibility. I'll try it and report...

Same, I'll try it im posting this to try and help people get it to run better and on settings they like, Im just posting information i found sorry if it doesn't work dont flame me :( :p

"Oh my god! This works! I can play at a framerate that allows me to KILL people now!"

"That seemed to help. i just played on one of EA's ranked servers with very little lag."

Ok...couldn't login to BF2 for some reason so I couldn't test it out, but I have a theory that it'll only help if you have 1000+ files in the cache folder. For some reason, people have been reporting thousands of shader config files, and it might be a pile up of settings that weren't overwritten but rather had their filenames changed to make space.

I have 688 config files (normal) for the cache folder (and remember there's a folder for each account which should have the same number of files, I'm pretty sure there will be no effect.

I dleted them Il try in a couple of mins if it speeds up the game

Lemonking said:
you dissed my mom I dont like you anymore
I didn't diss your mom, I just found it hilarious that someone on these forums knew someone on that site, and that it turned out to be your mom :D

Grey Fox said:
I can't even log on to bf2 for some reason.
The login servers are down, they got hacked supposedly and I assume they shut down all the servers so they could fix the security holes.

Looks like the account server is down because I can't log in either. The game just stalls.

Am I the only one who has noticed that the people on those forums are complete idiots (well, besides the hl2.netter that go there).

OMFG T4G Ur ITSES!!!~!1!1two!12

But I too bet that this is just a placebo, just how deleting all the content of the hl2 folder made some people THINK that their performance increased and that the stuttering was gone.

The BF2 log in servers and the WoW servers too! What to do?!

i do this all the time when i change settings as supposedly its helps the game load the shaders or whatever quicker as it doesnt have to go through your old ones.

no major difference.

Holy shit it actully worked for me, I can have my settings on high and it runs fine! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET

I have a weird problem. Me and a friend have the same computer, *his has 200 more megaherz..2.8 mine his is 3. ANYWAY we both have 1 gig of ram and 9600XT's. Well he can run on medium settings, lighting and everything on high...but me, EVERYTHIGN is on low, and I stil get minor frame loss issues. When I shoot my rocket launcher at a tank..I get a 2-3 second stutter *making it hard to follow them*

Yeah...maybe I'll try this.

CyberPitz said:
I have a weird problem. Me and a friend have the same computer, *his has 200 more megaherz..2.8 mine his is 3. ANYWAY we both have 1 gig of ram and 9600XT's. Well he can run on medium settings, lighting and everything on high...but me, EVERYTHIGN is on low, and I stil get minor frame loss issues. When I shoot my rocket launcher at a tank..I get a 2-3 second stutter *making it hard to follow them*

Head on over to tweakguides.com and check out the xptc.

Make sure to do the regular maintenence procedures regularly. Those regain so much frames.

sinkoman said:
Head on over to tweakguides.com and check out the xptc.

Make sure to do the regular maintenence procedures regularly. Those regain so much frames.
where do you find those regular maintanace features. give a direct link.

CyberPitz said:

0.2 ghz difference = about 1.5 difference in calculation speeds.

You people are sad, deleting the Cache files.....

/me goes back to playing 64 person server at 30-50fps.

Well I Just deleted teh 4,000+ files in the Cache.lets see if that works.

*OH and I just remembered, before, I could run on the same settings as my friends. Well really, its on and off that I can...boy, my computer hates me:(

*EDIT* Ok, I just tried that whole deleting Cache thing..obviously...and I changed EVERYTHING to medium, and jumped visibility to 95%. I get my rocket stutter even more now, and I get a few more random times of frame loss. I guess i'll try OC'ing to 3.0 ghz and maybe up my video card a little bit...

It eliminates the beginning of game lag for anyone with 512mb of ram, I do this very often. But it also messes up shadow maps and stuff the first time you play after doing this.

bam23 said:
It eliminates the beginning of game lag for anyone with 512mb of ram, I do this very often. But it also messes up shadow maps and stuff the first time you play after doing this.
Hmm, thnx for that, at first I didn't have this problem, but now when I join a game, I get really bad stutters. I'm gonna try this.

DiSTuRbEd said:
You people are sad, deleting the Cache files.....

/me goes back to playing 64 person server at 30-50fps.
/me bows to the almighty Short Recoil Jr. :E

ray_MAN said:
/me bows to the almighty Short Recoil Jr. :E

I'll kick your ass if you say that again. E-foot in the ass doesn't feel too good.

bam23 said:
I still get that kind of lag and I have 1gb. What gives?!?

Hey, I'm no authority on this, I just know what it's supposed to help with :bonce:

I solved my problem, although its not a solution I like very much, but Medium Textures eliminates "beginning lag".

Maybe I'll OC my processor for 3.0...maybe that will help some :(

Back