Install BSOD

Remus

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I've never had problems with the infamous blue scren of death before, but this is diriving me nuts. While trying to install the gane GRID the progress bar gets about a third of the way through and then the blue screen of death appears. Physical memmory dump etc.

error info:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_ORNORMAL

STOP 0x0000000A (0x00000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8051BAA2)

Tried multiple times to install and the same thing happens...
Read somehere that an antivirus could be causing this particular BSOD, disabled Fsecure, and it still happens.

Please help.

Sadly that didn't help...

This has happened before, and suspiciously enough while trying to install another game (Supreme Commander) which had the exact type of installer that this game has.( installshield)

Now, I have other programs and games which use installshield and they install just fine...

This led me to believe that it might be related to version compatibillity.
The installshield version used for the Grid setup exe is 14, and the version I have on my sustem is 11, I've already tried looking for an update, but even on the official site there isn't anything higher than 11, WTF?

ive read online that it has to do with memory, and so far no luck on a solution.

windows update. I know I got some updated installer there

... I don't know if... Try it anyway.

Sometimes disabling your AV isn't always enough. A full uninstall may be in order. There might not be a parallel, but when Zonealarm was causing me BSODs one time it wasn't enough to just disable it. I had to go the whole hog.

Funny, as many times as my PC has crashed, not once did I ever get BSOD. Maybe the PC has to crash a certain way?

Some say frequent BSOD points to a HD problem, not memory leaks, which is said to be one of the most common causes of a game constantly crashing. Like Oblivion for example.

Depending on the error message involved, faulty RAM is probably what causes the greatest proportion of chronic BSOD problems from what I've seen. Myself, I had a BSOD plague which was particularly hard to troubleshoot because the culprit turned out to be the CPU.

However in the OP's case, I don't think that the coincidence with Installshield fits the profile of a hardware problem. My guess would be a software/driver conflict along the lines of the first example I mentioned with Zonealarm.

Depending on the error message involved, faulty RAM is probably what causes the greatest proportion of chronic BSOD problems from what I've seen. Myself, I had a BSOD plague which was particularly hard to troubleshoot because the culprit turned out to be the CPU.

However in the OP's case, I don't think that the coincidence with Installshield fits the profile of a hardware problem. My guess would be a software/driver conflict along the lines of the first example I mentioned with Zonealarm.
I've had problems with InstallShield not properly installing stuff before, can get aggravating fs.

This STOP error can occur during startup or at any other time. The 8 digit hexadecimal number 0x0000000A translates to the bug check code "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" which may be caused by the following:

1. A kernel-level application or device driver running in kernel mode tried to read or write to a memory location that had restricted permissions. The code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL indicates that the interrupt request level (IRQL) was higher than the number that was expected. A process running in kernel mode cannot access a process that has an IRQL which is greater than its own.

2. Components of the hardware may have failed such as the memory chip, the processor or motherboard. It may also indicate problems in video or disk adapters or device driver incompatibility issues.

3. Computer Hardware may not be Vista compatible. This STOP error usually results from the faulty installation of System Services, BIOS firmware or device drivers. It can also be caused by incompatible virus scanners or backup tools.

4. Sometimes viruses or the anti-virus software that is running on the computer may cause problems.

5. Third party software applications such as device drivers may also have software bugs which access unprotected or restricted memory. Sometimes the name of the application or driver that caused this problem will be displayed on the screen immediately after the STOP error information.

6. You are trying to install Vista on a computer with more than 3GB of RAM

7. You are trying to install Vista on a computer which is running a Storport miniport driver

8. You are trying to install Vista on a computer that has a controller that utilizes 32-bit DMA (direct memory access).

9. Repeatedly putting a laptop with Vista operating system on a sleep cycle mode can also cause this problem.

10. Computer runs QuickTime 7 on Vista which is trying to open a movie file with .mov extension.

I thought for a second Saturos was back from the grave of infamy and subsequent obscurity. RIP in piss, shitlord.

Saturos ruined dragons for me. I mean, dragons were always kinda shit, but Saturos made them the My Little Ponys of 2008.

Back