Insurgency Update

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Two lovely new screens for Insurgency, as the fighting erupts - it's an emergency - on the streets of a luscious middle-east town with a shooty-bang-bang that'll stop that frown. Ultra-sharp tactics are the order of the day as the lead developer was in the pay of the Canadian army so he knows his stuff. For many, this mod can't come soon enough.[br]

newsspacer.gif
[br]You can find out more if you move your mouse here. Soon enough we'll all feel the cold fear of being hunted through a twisting urban nightmare with nothing but a rifle and a thousand-yard stare.

my computer now has liquid cooling...sorta

looking great , id still like to see some MORE 1st person shots - to see the ingame weapon textures...hehe

best mod textures since ghostops?

no offense, loom, I luv yours too :D

Too bad neither iraq nor slow-paced tactical gameplay are my thing; for those that like that, this'll be a great mod. When's the ETA btw? Screens looks pretty release-ready :p

Aw, too bad you guys don't get to see the full res versions. :)

looking great can't wait to give it a try. *brings out the turn table* Oh and go sulk go sulk sulk's got the ill rhymes yo. lol

I've been waiting for this mod ever since it was first announced. Online, squad based, tactical shooters are my favorite type of game, so I seriously can not wait for this to come out. :D

They have to stop teasing us with these very awesome screenshots and just release the game already!!!!

keats said:
Too bad neither iraq nor slow-paced tactical gameplay are my thing; for those that like that, this'll be a great mod. When's the ETA btw? Screens looks pretty release-ready :p

To address both those issues, in future releases we will be focussing on other theaters of war including Croatia, The Balkans & Afghanistan.

Also the gameplay is not really all slow and tactical, some initial movement is, but once you get into a firefight it is really intense.

And thanks for the great comments guys!

Last time I checked, I'm still in the Canadian Army ;) Going on five years...

And if you think this is going to be really slow-paced, you are sadly mistaken. It's bloody intense.

I was actually trying to tease you guys into giving us that ETA :p

Good to hear it'll be fast-paced, I'm always afraid when I hear focus is on tactics, but that's a taste issue. And I didn't know it'd be e.g. balkan too. You got my download ;)

keats said:
Good to hear it'll be fast-paced, I'm always afraid when I hear focus is on tactics, but that's a taste issue. And I didn't know it'd be e.g. balkan too. You got my download ;)

Heh.

Balkans etc will be post first release. Our initial release consists of the USMC vs Insurgent Iraq Scenarios. Just clarifying that point for all.

Hey I know the ETA :D
Its: "When its done"

(ps Argyll TKs more than anyone, I'm glad I'm not in the Canadian army with him :p )

Pace is really about who you're playing with. If you want a slower paced game to use tactics, then get together with others who feel the same way. INS is designed with those people in mind, so that when they want to play that way, they can. Hell, even when I use tactics in testing (not everyone plays that way and is a hardcore realism fan) I kick a lot of ass, yet everyone else is still enjoying themselves.

If i don't want tactics or teamplay and just want to run around randomly owning it up, how well will i do?:

Also i only play in large servers, do you have support for 40-64 players?

What about the specs needed to run this game smoothly. I imagine that with that kind of level of detail this mod is going to need a stronger pc to be able to run then cs or DoD. So does anyone have any indication on what kind of pc you will need to run this on low, medium and high settings.

My specs are p4 2.8, 1,5gb ram (had 512 with same settings) and a GF4 TI 4200. Works fine. No problems at all.

You would be suprised, INS runs particularly smooth on a lot of systems.

I live in Australia but play on our US servers, with a ping of 250 & barely notice any real troubles at all.

My system specs are good, but aren't super fantastic.

I'm a tester. And i run it on a PIII 933mhz on med. settings and it runs great.

What is the teamwork like? Is it a division into small squads of around 4 with an emphasis on objectives? Have the team incorporated anything from Plan of Attack's remarkable teamwork system? Can you spawn in the field on your squadleader for example? How are tactical instructions communicated or carried out? How does the minimap function? Can players be healed? How does the weapon accuracy and damage compare to contemporary games?

This mod looks REALLY cool, I hope it doesn't let me down...

john3571000 said:
What is the teamwork like? Is it a division into small squads of around 4 with an emphasis on objectives? Have the team incorporated anything from Plan of Attack's remarkable teamwork system? Can you spawn in the field on your squadleader for example? How are tactical instructions communicated or carried out? How does the minimap function? Can players be healed? How does the weapon accuracy and damage compare to contemporary games?

Yes.

Back