Internet Explorer (iexplore) issues...

R

Robinb

morning all.

Had a problem with my main PC now for a small while and I cannot find the cause, therefor have not found the cure. Also I ain't been able to guess the fix.

Basic digest:
My internet explorer is ignoring the 'always dial my default connection' under Options/connections.

How:

I connect to the internet by dialing into my BT modem. Always have, and has been working v.well until recently. A new piece of software (sky by broadband) was installed, and since IExplore has required to have a connection first else it would just hang on detecting proxy settings.

Other programs, or the use of my wireless Ad-Hoc connects automatically. Firefox also shows the dial connection - so its not the settings being saved - its IExplore ignoring the connections.

So far that has failed:

Updating computer XPSP1 (not going to SP2 unless there is no choice - don't ask...) for all IExplore updates that are available.

went into Admin tools/components services and changed the local service 'remote access auto connection manager' and 'reote access connection manager' from manual to automatic.

redone the connections, and also the settings

set the windows component of Iexplore to off, restarted, and re-enabled.

uninstalled Sky by Broadband.

----

Right now, I am out of options. Any clues or suggestions would be of great value.

Cheers all

Robinb

Star, Control Panel, Internet Option, Connections. In the "Dial-up and Virtual private network settings" box, delete the modem that's showing in there, press "Apply" and "OK". Go back to Internet Option in the control panel, connections and on top of the box where it says setup, setup your connection accordingly.

lemme know how it goes, my little girl is driving me bananas so I be back later to check on you.

Good Luck.

Back