Internet problems; are you having the same problems

DEATH eVADER

Space Core
Reaction score
This seems to be happening on IE, FF and Chrome, but the levels of problems seems to be fluctuating. I live in the UK (as if my profile didn't give that a way) and with Virgin Broadband. I don't seem to have any problems with forums, such halflife2.net, Steampowered or BlackMesaSource or Websites such as BBC news or Youtube.

But there are many others that either work one minute and then dead the next, or the page loads but half the pictures or videos are missing.

The hot contenders for these problems seem to be, though I have a feeling its down to E3 bandwidth hell

PC Gamer
Gametrailers
Game Informer
The Escapist

There are two others that maybe related to something else

Facebook

Although all the websites that I have had problems with are related in someway to the E3 countdown, my Dad has had problems with sites that he has visited. If he has the same problems later on, then I asked him to make a note of places he's visited (he's not interested in gaming) because I don't know if its server issues, bandwidth issues or network issues, perhaps if either someone is living in the UK and has the same service, it would be great if you gave your opinion

I thought pictures and image thumbnails would fall under the UDP protocol, not TCP, so why would half of them load and the rest fail, but the browser thinks that it has completed its task

Back