Ipod vs. Zune

Reaction score
Which one is better guys? My Ipod has crapped out on me and I have reset it 7 times withing the past 2-3 months. I'm going to sell if and possibly buy a Zune. Would a Zune really be better than an Ipod though? I can get 120GB for $230 bucks, and I spent that much for a 30GB Ipod

My friend has one, and it seems to be good for him. I don't care if it's bigger than the Ipod, I just want something that preforms well (HAHAHAHA lol) Is it true that Zunes last longer than Ipods?

My friend has one, and it seems to be good for him. I don't care if it's bigger than the Ipod, I just want something that preforms well (HAHAHAHA lol) Is it true that Zunes last longer than Ipods?

They both have their ups and downs. I think they are pretty equal in usefulness, but their prices are immensely different, plus there are different ipod models out there. I like the zune subscription program though.

I think its all personal preference really.

The touch looks pretty fun. I was thinking of saving money for one but then again i really don't need one.

20081208.jpg

For as much bitching as I did when I first got it, I'd still go with a Zen

My iPod freezes a couple times a week these days, and you have to wait for the battery to run out before you can recharge it. It's a about 1 year and 9 months old.

Which one is better guys? My Ipod has crapped out on me and I have reset it 7 times withing the past 2-3 months. I'm going to sell if and possibly buy a Zune. Would a Zune really be better than an Ipod though? I can get 120GB for $230 bucks, and I spent that much for a 30GB Ipod

Neither, stop being such consumer zombie bitches sucking off companies that can afford more advertizing bullshit then actual quality products.

Are are a bajjilion different MP3 player models out there, shop around and use that brain for a change.

I bought my zune 2 months ago and its been working perfectly for me so far :eek: Plus I got the fancy shamncy design on the back so yeah

ive had a zune since they were first released. the recent 3.1 firmware update has improved the zune like no other player out there.

the zune subscription is a plus. 15 bucks a months for unlimted music and you get to keep 10 songs a month if you want to end your service.

Neither, stop being such consumer zombie bitches sucking off companies that can afford more advertizing bullshit then actual quality products.

Are are a bajjilion different MP3 player models out there, shop around and use that brain for a change.

Stop being a non-conformist douchebag just for the sake of it.

I don't know about the Zune, but it seems like a fine player to me, and the iPod is simply good too.

All you elitst "you should shop around, as long as you buy a Creative / iRiver, otherwise you're a consumer whore" people can go suck a dick.

Stop being a non-conformist douchebag just for the sake of it.

I don't know about the Zune, but it seems like a fine player to me, and the iPod is simply good too.

All you elitst "you should shop around, as long as you buy a Creative / iRiver, otherwise you're a consumer whore" people can go suck a dick.

Non-conformist douchebags buy an iPod or Zune. :p

Not that it matters, I don't care if I am conformist or not, when everyone is claiming to be soooo unique but all seem to belong to a large "scene" or what have you, you kind of realize that conformism is basically the only thing humans are capable of being.

You wish I would suck your dick to.

Nah, what I am offering is simple common sense and logic, its common sense to look around and see what's available and best for you then just going "duuuur me want shiney apple or Zune thingeee....hur hur hur..."

I decided, I'm going to get a Zune. I've been doing research, and it seems like the Zune has better things for me. I can get a 120GB Zune for the same price as I got my 30GB Ipod. And I don't want to go search for other MP3 players because 1) I don't want to go look around, I want to get something that's popular and there are lots of known things about it and 2) I want something that can do other things than play music, like act as a hard drive and play movies, ect.

I just use my LG chocolate (V2). Having owned an ipod in the past and being quite envious of my friend's Zune, I would go with the Zune.

I'd go for a Zune. If you can, I'd suggest a 16gb or higher. Once you get the thing to work (Which can take a while, I know I went through hell for it to work on my computer) you will never regret getting it. Besides that, the software on computer and the device has gone under heavy updates since the beginning, and is now much more user friendly than it was... (Zune used to be the Vista of MP3 players, if you know what I mean.) With the recent updates allowing for games, and other pieces of software, including Wi-Fi connection to the Zune Marketplace (Wherever there is a network) and download songs directly to the device for 99 cents. Also, Zune users can make and mod their own games. I think there is actually someone developing a Half-Life 1 port for Zune. They also have things like ZuneHero (Guitar hero spin off, using songs in your library) and Pacman, and other classics like Space invaders for you to play.

Also, if you have the right format, you can port entire movies to your Zune. The screen on even the smaller ones is in great detail for the size that it is. You can take pictures off your computer and set them as your background. (I currently have the L4D poster as mine, and last month is was an Ep3 concept art.) I've heard all these features are also available on Ipod, but it seems that Apple is too busy worrying about goofy gimmicks like touch screens to bother with the actual interface. My brother had an iPhone that he had more problems with than I did my Zune. (Which is saying a hell of a lot.) I would definately go with a Zune. I swear, I could whip this thing onto the sidewalk and it would barely scratch it. No need to worry about your slim iPod cracking in half, the slender Zune holds up to most any accident that can happen. (Even dripping wet fingers.) Go for the Zune, that is, if you want to play in the battle of the tycoons. I haven't really tried these other devices, but from what I see, they aren't quite as entertaining as Zune or iPod. The Zune kept me entertained on a 4 hour plane flight. I played checkers for almost 2 hours.

Make the right choice. O_O

Any firm believers in the portable CD player left in this world? I don't think I've seen one in a very long time. I'd love to walk down the street in my home town and see someone, anyone, walking around with a Disc-Man jiving to god knows what. It would make me happy, and I'm not sure why.

Just remember you'll be laughed at if you mention the concept of a non-HD based format for portable music when you talk about this sort of thing with your kids, it's kind of incredible.

I'd go for a Zune. If you can, I'd suggest a 16gb or higher. Once you get the thing to work (Which can take a while, I know I went through hell for it to work on my computer) you will never regret getting it. Besides that, the software on computer and the device has gone under heavy updates since the beginning, and is now much more user friendly than it was... (Zune used to be the Vista of MP3 players, if you know what I mean.) With the recent updates allowing for games, and other pieces of software, including Wi-Fi connection to the Zune Marketplace (Wherever there is a network) and download songs directly to the device for 99 cents. Also, Zune users can make and mod their own games. I think there is actually someone developing a Half-Life 1 port for Zune. They also have things like ZuneHero (Guitar hero spin off, using songs in your library) and Pacman, and other classics like Space invaders for you to play.

Also, if you have the right format, you can port entire movies to your Zune. The screen on even the smaller ones is in great detail for the size that it is. You can take pictures off your computer and set them as your background. (I currently have the L4D poster as mine, and last month is was an Ep3 concept art.) I've heard all these features are also available on Ipod, but it seems that Apple is too busy worrying about goofy gimmicks like touch screens to bother with the actual interface. My brother had an iPhone that he had more problems with than I did my Zune. (Which is saying a hell of a lot.) I would definately go with a Zune. I swear, I could whip this thing onto the sidewalk and it would barely scratch it. No need to worry about your slim iPod cracking in half, the slender Zune holds up to most any accident that can happen. (Even dripping wet fingers.) Go for the Zune, that is, if you want to play in the battle of the tycoons. I haven't really tried these other devices, but from what I see, they aren't quite as entertaining as Zune or iPod. The Zune kept me entertained on a 4 hour plane flight. I played checkers for almost 2 hours.

Make the right choice. O_O

This is what I've been looking for, some good in depth thing. And I just learned new things that are getting me even more excited. I can't wait for a Zune now! =D

My aim is to get a good quality walkman.
Like a tape walkman.
And make mixes with mp3's, and write them to cds, and copy them to tapes. YOU KNOW WHY?
Because tapes don't skip, or cost money, or shatter into a million tiny pieces when you drop them.

But if we're recommending mp3 players, I'd recommend iPod, purely out of personal preference. Best control scheme I've used so far, new ones have plenty of features, etc etc etc.

I've owned the same iPod Video for 3 years now, and it hasnt failed me yet. Personally, I love it and dont have any problems with it.

i've had my iPod mini since release and dropped it at least 10 times on the pavement but it's NEVER let me down

But if we're recommending mp3 players, I'd recommend iPod, purely out of personal preference. Best control scheme I've used so far, new ones have plenty of features, etc etc etc.
Just avoid the 5th generation ones, the wheel is way over-sensitive. =/

I just pulled the trigger on a refurb 120gb Zune for $200. Now I'll finally be able to fit my entire collection rather than have to keep switching out songs on a lousy 4gb chip. Movie capabilities are a plus too, even though the format support is rather limited.

Couldn't tell ya. Never had one of either. My brother owns an Ipod though.

Edit: Wow. Had no idea this thread was a few months old.

iPod touch for the win. I love the functionability of it and all the cool little things you can do.

Like, for instance, browsing HL2.net forums from school. That's pretty fun.

iPod touch for the win. I love the functionability of it and all the cool little things you can do.

Like, for instance, browsing HL2.net forums from school. That's pretty fun.

I love the 6 hour battery life and recharging it everyday. I love having Nike+, just want I need when jogging and over tired and ripe for robbing, a $300 MP3 player that is as well too cumbersome to fit into pockets or hold while jogging. I love browsing the web and how it takes me hours what I can do on a PC in minutes especially browsing and posting on HL2.net. I love how iTunes has given me problems of various sorts on Vista and XP. I love the price of everything in iTunes, sure I can fill my iPod but I have to empty my bank account.

Most of all I love the iFags!

I don't regret my Zune, the battery lasts for a long time it seems. But the only problem I have with it is that the software doesn't run on my computer, only on my laptop

I bought mine after the 31st. I got it on the 2nd. Whoo Whoo!

Back