Iran's Navy parks itself next to US in show of defiance

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Iran plans to send ships near the Atlantic coast of the United States, state-run Islamic Republic News Agency reported Tuesday, quoting a commander.

"The Navy of the Iranian Army will have a powerful presence near the United States borders," read the headline of the story, in Farsi.

"Commander of the Navy of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran broke the news about the plans for the presence of this force in the Atlantic Ocean and said that the same way that the world arrogant power is present near our marine borders, we, with the help of our sailors who follow the concept of the supreme jurisprudence, shall also establish a powerful presence near the marine borders of the United States," the story said. The reference to the "world arrogant power" was presumably intended to refer to the United States.

110928123920-iran-navy-story-top.jpg

hehe look at the pic closely; it seems their Navy guys arent that much different than our Navy guys

and I guess who will be one that will be hosting theyr ships......

I have a feeling "The Navy of the Iranian Army will have a powerful presence near the United States borders," is code for "we want to provoke a response that ends in our ships getting sunk."

North Korea style tactics? Really Iran?

28,000 personnel
65 aircraft
5 Frigates
3 Corvettes
13 Submarines
24 Fast Attack Craft
98 Large Patrol craft
+100 light missile boat
13 Hovercraft

Not much of a Navy

Then we'll just park one of these next to their Navy and watch them leave!

800px-USS_Nimitz_%28CVN-68%29.jpg

I say we just move the US away from their navy!

you know, this thread is more about ass grabbing than suicidal iranians bent on meeting davy jones in person

why not just let nature take it's course?

in-the-navy-b.jpg

sort of NWS

Maybe we'll start researching that gay pheremone bomb again.

Then we'll just park one of these next to their Navy and watch them leave!

800px-USS_Nimitz_%28CVN-68%29.jpg

Works better when the ship itself is far away but the aircraft are always right over their heads, just buzzing around

"A larger ship is a fleet"
"Release the swarm!"
"Pride of the allied Navy"

This seems like a huge waste of time and fuel on their part.

Naval dick-waving. A very original provocation tactic from Iran.

Anybody know what happened with this? I'm assuming the US has reacted to this by now.

Anybody know what happened with this? I'm assuming the US has reacted to this by now.

I don't think anybody here gives a shit. This White House guy said it best:
As White House spokesman Jay Carney said, "We don't take these statements seriously, given that they do not reflect at all Iran's naval capabilities."

If they do attack us, it will be mere minutes later that Iran won't have a Navy anymore.

Actually Iran imports fuel, they don't have enough capacity to refine all the crude they need.

Yeah but I bet that the navy would get it's pick of the cheap local fuel first.

Double post fail!
I guess I could reel off some more RA2 navy unit quotes...

Back