Iron Grip: The Oppression Needs a Programmer

Monique

Reaction score
I work as a community manager for the company Isotx, the minds behind the Half-life 2 total conversion known as Iron Grip: The Oppression. If you haven't heard of it or us, you can find more details out at our website. We've been featured in PC Gamer for our C&C mods and have had a fairly large team working on this project for quite some time.

Anyway, the deal is: we're looking for a programmer to help us with release 1.5 of IG:TO and possibly other Isotx projects in the future. We're currently preparing for our first stand alone game release this July in the Iron Grip series, although your priority would be updating this mod and this mod alone for the time being.

It's a paying full-time position and a great experience on a wonderful team. Basically, if you're good and have vast experience with Half-life 2, I want to hear from you. Please send emails to [email protected] outlining your experience, your past projects, and why you want to work for our team. We'll take it from there and I can also give more details at that point :)

Alas, your true intentions for joining this forum are revealed. :p

I'd help if I had knowledge of stuff other than very basic C++.

Not true attentions! I've spammed with level one accounts on other forums, I just like it here enough to stay :p

So, to get this straight, it's a paid gig to work on the continuation of a non-commercial game modification project (i.e. Iron Grip: The Oppression)?

After that project, it is possible you may continue to work in a paid position on future commercial projects (e.g. Iron Grip: Warlord)?

So, to get this straight, it's a paid gig to work on the continuation of a non-commercial game modification project (i.e. Iron Grip: The Oppression)?

After that project, it is possible you may continue to work in a paid position on future commercial projects (e.g. Iron Grip: Warlord)?

Yep. Basically you'll be working on IG:TO, which is the first in the Iron Grip in the series and is a mod that's still played by people. I'm not sure how long you'll be working on that, but I do know you'll probably be helping us out as Warlord and other IG games come out. If you're good, anyway. We really need a programmer for IG:TO at the moment because everyone's busy with ME2 and IG:W.

:)

I realized I sounded like, way too technical here. I was using our 'press release'--and since I troll these forums, that's not helpful :p

Basically, we're still looking for a programmer and a few other members now...

We're paying you to mod for a mod of HL2. I love this company and can vouch it's relaxed; if you're good and do your stuff, you're paid and happy. It looks good on a resume, and you get to work for home. You will need Skype, and an ability to actually sit down and work. Deadlines are strict, but that's really all that is.

I hope a programmer sees this and thinks about it. If you've ever worked on any HL2 mod, you're probably good enough to do what we need. Everything is built, we just have lots of random bugs to fix and random stuff.

PM me here, or email me. I'd love to see this mod get an actual team again.

Probably shouldn't of told us there was no team...

There's still a team, they're just relocated until we find a programmer. They can't do anything without them. As such we're looking for additional people as well, though the need isn't as big.

I don't see why I shouldn't have been honest. Lying is pretty lame.

There's still a team, they're just relocated until we find a programmer. They can't do anything without them. As such we're looking for additional people as well, though the need isn't as big.

I don't see why I shouldn't have been honest. Lying is pretty lame.

You didn't have to lie, just don't say anything :)

You didn't have to lie, just don't say anything :)

I don't think it's that big of a deal :p We have a team still, they're just on a different project while we search for a programmer. It's been a long search (2-3 months) because we haven't been able to find anyone reliable yet.

What sort of "other people" are you looking for?

What sort of "other people" are you looking for?

Probably someone who would want to make maps for the game. We have 6 current maps, iirc, and a new map or two would help the game out significantly. We never had an official map maker--but after a year of being released these maps are zzZzzz.

Back