Is it just me or does CS:S have alot more blood?

hegele

Reaction score
From the videos i've seen it seems that CS:S has blood gushing left and right. With CS, blood was perfect IMO, there was no spray of blood (except for the uber cool backflip headshot) but there was blood stained on the wall when you hit, a great touch.

Whjen you look at the new seven minute video, there is blood spraying all over the place, Is this a cool touch or nay? I'll tell you one thing though, I cant wait for the water effect as seen in the bink video (and in the picture below)

Do you think the new amount of blood will be a good thing, or distracting?
http://www.csbanana.com/image.banan...bimage_1090884259i864full.jpg&title=CS+Source

I think the blood looks just fine. It reminises to the old days in HL with too much blood, but I didnt really notice the extra blood to be honest, until I looked at it again after you mentioned it.

i think the ammoust of blood is perfect, plus the poof of blood is about what i'd expect to see in real life.

The blood looks odd to me. I think it needs to be reduced a little and altered. It looks like dark red sparks as it is. The new blood splotches look excellent, though.

Its fine.. but it will probably be tweakable by the end user..

What about this picture?
1673.jpg

I think once the full version or updates start coming out you won't be seeing that as much because yes it does seem alittle to excessive.

That looks bad when you freeze it, but in actuality the guy has just flown back with blood spurting from him and it looks fine in motion.

I was a headshot, after all ;)

Is it just me or does it look a lot like the blood from "Conkers bad fur day"?

I was playing Max Payne 2 about 5 mins ago, i like the blood in that: puffs of blood rather than splurts

Ya, while you'd think puffs wouldn't look as good or realistic, they are nice.

When I saw that particular kill in the video (screenshot above) I thought that it looks like yourself getting shot. This is because it seems odd that the blood would splurt back so far towards you. (past the bottom of the screen)

EDIT: After looking at it again, I can say that I think that both you and your enemy are being damaged and that's both your blood.

... blood doesnt "poof", it gushes..... i was stabbed in the arm, and blood was flying like 3 feet... it didnt poof out :)

Well i hope it just isnt like the current CS blood after that big update on steam, it looks horrible.

Reaperman, considering there isn't good liquid physics in Source to produce a gush, "puffs" look better than red sparks imo. Maybe I'm thinking of "puffs" differently than Murray. It has been a while since I've played Max Payne.

Actually, I think it looks real good and quite realistic from what I have seen

Another nice thing I noticed was not about blood but about how the water splashed and reacted as the bullet trail flew toward you in that first screenshot :D

I love the blood in the first screenshot. Looks excellent. If anything I'm concerned about the normal blood "splurts". I'm not THAT concerned, mind you... it looks cool but just not as realistic as it could be -- looking like red sparks and all. It just doesn't look much like blood except for the obvious reasons: it's red and he was just shot.

It doesn't look like red sparks to me at all when it is in motion. It looks like blood.

looks good :) wait until the game is playable in some form and then im sure u will all be very happy with the way it works out :)
one thing id like to see tho is to be able to stand on the dead bodies on the ground and perhaps stack them up ;) something i dont think they will do.

Reaperman said:
... blood doesnt "poof", it gushes..... i was stabbed in the arm, and blood was flying like 3 feet... it didnt poof out :)

hey, dont forget, if someone gets shot.. the blood wont behave the same way.. need to take into account things like movement, range and type of ammo (i.e. hollow point)

It is one place in the meca movies from cs:s pesentation i soule, where the player stopps and looks at a wall(dust2, T spawn) with blood, and the bood kinda shines. realy nice :p
I think the new blood effects are good, better than the old once.

KingPing_NOR said:
I think the new blood effects are good, better than the old once.

Indeed. The old blood stains we're very pixelated, and were just sort of a "spray" made from decals. The new stuff is probably a decal as well, but it looks more realistic, aside from the old "custom spray looking" blood.

Back