Votes: 75 47.5%
  • no

Votes: 45 28.5%
  • I dunno

Votes: 38 24.1%

• Total voters
true.
Q: was mossman in the first HL? i havent played it but im guessing no
by the fact that at the start of 'Black Mesa East' in HL2 she said she wished she had been
working alongside freeman before everything went to hell

She is going to kill herself when she finds out that eli is dead or she will go emo wich is the same as dead.

true.
Q: was mossman in the first HL? i havent played it but im guessing no
by the fact that at the start of 'Black Mesa East' in HL2 she said she wished she had been
working alongside freeman before everything went to hell

Nope!

She seems like a character that might end up sacrificing herself to save the party.

Nope!

She seems like a character that might end up sacrificing herself to save the party.

That would be one way for her to make amends for betraying Eli in HL2 I suppose. Although she did discover the whereabouts of the Borealis which could prove vital for the resistance in the long run.

Because that wouldn't be a cliche at all.

cant say i'll miss Judith if she gets iced, but I rekon she'll stay alive

I have a feeling that she's going to be "stalkerized". I'll miss her sweater pups though....

No no, she can't die because... well, the EP3 will be kind a stupid without her.

Sociopath.

I can't really connect with video game characters.

Since Ep3 is the last episode, a lot of people will die. You can't expect HL2EP3 to actually have a good ending. Neither will Ep3 reveal anything important. It will probably raise more questions than it answers.

If anything, i think ALyx will be the one to die. And mossman will survive and become our next love attraction in Half Life 3. They'll probably give her a female HEV suit as well... lulz :D

:flame::angry::devil::devil:ALYX WILL NOT DIE!!!!!! ALYX-NO-DIE!!!!!!!!NAAAAAAUGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry::flame::angry::flame::angry:

*bangs head against wall in fustration*

That'd be lame if Mossman died. It'd be more badass of her to be in all that trouble and survive in the end.

:flame::angry::devil::devil:ALYX WILL NOT DIE!!!!!! ALYX-NO-DIE!!!!!!!!NAAAAAAUGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry::flame::angry::flame::angry:

*bangs head against wall in fustration*

Relax, no no Alyx will not die because she followed Gordon since Half life 2 and in the final episode she will die??

yeah just kidding, I would utterly destroy myself if she died.

at least I hope not. I think mossman will die instead, probably killed by an advisor.

I'd hate to see Mossman die. As much as i don't really like her character (as in, she can get quite arrogant), i'd love to see more of her in the end. She just delivers the shifty you-don't-know-who's-side-she-really-is-on attitude that is so hard to achieve these days.

valve is still thinking if she will die or not. but there is supposed 2 be a screwed up twist were u meet chell and she is gonna teporally replace alyx vance because she is all sad about her dad so she dosent go. ne way you find chell cutting away at a battery because glados has driven her mad by repeating stuff... you then get her as a companion but i think she gets killed by ether glados or a hunter or a adviser >:)

valve is still thinking if she will die or not. but there is supposed 2 be a screwed up twist were u meet chell and she is gonna teporally replace alyx vance because she is all sad about her dad so she dosent go. ne way you find chell cutting away at a battery because glados has driven her mad by repeating stuff... you then get her as a companion but i think she gets killed by ether glados or a hunter or a adviser >:)

No.

I voted yes.

I think she will die in the middle or in the end of Ep. 3.

Hmmm.. may be mossman will die. I think gordon will die or smthing... or he will get in stasis... and em... will "respawn" after a long time...

I don't think she will die mainly for a couple of reasons. First off I think that since we really haven't seen much of her since Half-Life 2, there's a lot of room for more character growth for her. Also, since Eli just died, I would think that having Mossman die shortly after would make Eli's death less significant, making us think "oh, another character died - again. Big deal." I think her reaction to Eli's death would be more significant than killing her off.

BTW, regarding her being a traitor (someone correct me if I'm wrong), I was starting to get the impression that her working for the Combine was planned out not to betray the resistance, but to actually help them. In episode 2, Magnusson mentions that the data packet contains "the very code Mossman had hoped to recover". Was she hoping to recover the Combine Overworld code while working closely with Breen? If so, it would make sense to make such a "betrayal" quiet to the resistance, since Breen or the Combine would probably be good about finding spies - Mossman would have to appear sincere to Breen.

I was bored in class today, and I wrote down every bit of the G-man's speeches throughout the games, and I thought about his speech in Ep2... It would seem that we see the rocket in this point in time, but G-man has just stopped time to allow him some time to speak to Gordon before the Vortigaunts could ever resist his approach. It would also seem that G-Man has little power over how long he can stop time, so I expect there's a limit. I noticed his speeches all run about the same length, so this would explain quite a bit.

So, the scene where we're in the hallway, seemingly in the "Research Facility" in the north, lets call it, where the two resistance members have been shot by combine, I am guessing that the Combine are hot on Mossman's heels, chasing her throughout the facility. I'm guessing that our venture to this facility, to find Mossman, will lead us through hoards of Combine and Hunters attacking Rogue Resistance members. I would also assume, knowing Valve, that there will be a short standoff where you're protecting Mossman while she works on something (I can't speculate that, I'll leave it to valve.) that will cause the combine to be delayed long enough to let the team escape. So, Alyx and Gordon, with Mossman in tow, warp, go through a tunnel, something... Just speculating here, bare with me.

And then they reach their point of destination... The Borialis. The entire lost level from HL2 unfolds, (With the exception of the enemies that got cut... or maybe they could make an appearance as new enemies...) and Gordon and Alyx stumble upon the... *ahhem* lost research. G-man stops time again, applauds Gordon's work, hints at alyx tagging along in the stasis with him... Teh Edn.

Go ahead, tell me how stupid it was. XD

I thought the G-man stopped time for Gordon for about 20 years when he put him in stasis.

It was pretty good, but I think Alex should still be left in the dark about the G-man. I like being the only one who can see him at times.

While she'll probably be alive for the beginning of and maybe a substantial part of Ep3, it seems likely she'll at least be captured, probably eventually killed by the end.

I predict some sort of apocalyptic explosion at the conclusion of Ep3, either literally (although the explosions at the end of HL2 and Ep1 may be enough for VALVe) or metaphorically in the form of some downbeat cliffhanger. Alyx will probably survive the game until the very end, when Gordon is plucked from life & time as we know it by the G-man, leaving the rest of humanity to struggle on without him for the next decade. Mossman and Alyx will be surplus to the plot's requirements if Gordon's back in stasis, surely?

Back