Is there any way to force an update?

papa jake

Reaction score
Steam will NOT update. I've restarted it 100 times and even reinstalled the game with no luck. I still haven't been able to try out HL2DM or the new patch that came out along side it. :frown:

well, it sounds like it could be a router or firewall problem. if you have a router, make sure its not trying to stop steam, same thing with router.

Thanks for the help, man, but I've got updates in the past though. I got that first patch that was supposed to fix the studdering, but it won't update now. There has been no firewall changes since then.

I have EXACTLY the same problem, extremely frustrating! Steam will just NOT update anything. Mainly i need it to update hl2 however beacuse i dont have that stuttering patch.

Neon_Black88 said:
I have EXACTLY the same problem, extremely frustrating! Steam will just NOT update anything. Mainly i need it to update hl2 however beacuse i dont have that stuttering patch.

same here

How do you know it hasnt updated?

(P.S. sometimes they dont update the changelogs so you'll think you are on a patch from an earlier time.)

Because so far ive never seen steam update anything... (checked the monitor all the time) and when I go to update news i get this...

Full Change History:

[+] November 30th, 2004 (current release)
[+] August 26th, 2004

As far as I know, CS and Deathmatch are updating though... beacuse I can play then with no problems at all. But hl2 is not even playable with the stuttering which is a shame, I really need that stuttering patch.

And if they really didnt update the change logs... does that mean for me im never going to see changes? Because its been like this since i got half-life 2, and November 30th was a long time ago.

Hey guys I think I finally got mine updating. In my monitor it sais its downloading hl2 updates... but it only dl'ds for about 3 seconds every hour or so. So theres no garantuees ittl even finish let alone work. Anyway the only thing i had to do to get it working was format my computer.... go steam!!

Latest update: November 30, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Change History:
[-] November 30, 2004 (current release)

Bug fixes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fixed graphics card crash caused by incorrect buffer allocations
[+] August 26, 2004

Changes/Additions

Made available for pre-load

They havent updated the changelogs but you do have the latest changelogs.

They just havent managed to fix the stutter bug for everybody yet.

Back