It's finally snowing here

We got about 4" in Frederick...maybe an inch and a half in College Park.

...pics or it didn't happen: got our first snow today, and it's not screwing around.
That is what it looks like around here as well.
12-14 inch totals with 8-15 foot drifts
Plow crews pulled from some of the roads and interstates. No one is open.
Pics

I hate it when it's winter and it doesn't snow. I love snow. It makes everything stand out. It purifies the disgusting world we live in. When you're walking in below 15 degrees weather and you have snow thats coming to your thighs, that is damn awesome. You can literally fall down and drown in that white, freezing substance. I absolutely love it.

Actually, come to think of it, I like rain too.

This, just love a snowy landscape, its like the whole world has changed, the strange light that reflects off the snow through windows, the contrast with the dark grey skies above...the greyscale nature of things.

Just nice.

I like rain to but only in short bursts or when I don't have to go out in it.

Otherwise its just cold and wet and lame.

Now snow here yet but at least the skies have cleared somewhat, less rain, more vanilla skies.

This, just love a snowy landscape, its like the whole world has changed, the strange light that reflects off the snow through windows, the contrast with the dark grey skies above...the greyscale nature of things.

Just nice.

I like rain to but only in short bursts or when I don't have to go out in it.

Otherwise its just cold and wet and lame.

Now snow here yet but at least the skies have cleared somewhat, less rain, more vanilla skies.

I think you live in very much the wrong place. :)

Snowing occurrs here less and less here every year.. however they are predicting its guna snow on christmas day.

so in other words, its false hope... lol

Holy crap it's been cold outside all day. I forgot to bring a scarf and gloves with me to school this morning. Was working late today and was seriously planning to sleep at school in my chair tonight because it was too cold to wait for the bus home. But then someone gave me a ride home, yay.

Here in the Netherlands we didn't have snow at the same time with Christmas for...10 years now :| hoping for this year!

A monstrous (for us) snowstorm is about to hit my town and most of Virginia. We are expected to get 18+ inches over the next day or so. There has not been so much snow on the ground since 1996, when I wasn't 3 years old yet.

Awesome.

I'm getting sleet and freezing rain here. All of the danger of winter weather with none of the awesomeness.

It's up to about 70-80 degrees F a day here.

Yeah.

Less than 1cm predicted for the next few days. I was really hoping for snow, but it looks like tobogganing is going to have to wait until Christmas.

First snow of the winter here in central NC, we only got maybe 1-2in though.

It has never snowed around here. I've only ever seen snow on tv/internet, sigh. I'd love to see some snow one day, but I don't think it'll ever happen. :|

We're supposed to get some snow this Saturday.
We've only had snow once this month, but it's been frigging ARCTIC recently.

Woke up and SNOW FUKKEN EVERYWHERE. There is shitloads of snow on the alps, and the nearest ski resort is about 20 minutes away. Cant wait to do some snowboarding :D

1-1.jpg

2-3.jpg

Woke up and SNOW FUKKEN EVERYWHERE. There is shitloads of snow on the alps, and the nearest ski resort is about 20 minutes away. Cant wait to do some snowboarding :D

Dude, same here! Probably not as much as you have, but I checked the weather online and saw "snow", then woke up again an hour later, got my lazy butt out of bed, and looked out the window. Some dude was out driving around clearing snow, I think. I don't even know -- this is the first time I've ever been somewhere it actually snows!

I was planning on walking out to buy Christmas gifts today, and then going to work (yes I know it's Saturday). It will be an interesting day. I tried to walk on icy sidewalks last week and almost slid down a driveway into oncoming traffic.

Snowed almost a foot here yesterday, it's supposed to snow another foot today. I'm ****ing stuck here! Snow tires and tire chains are required for travel. But at least it looks nice.

Great sound deadener, it makes everything quiet and makes it easy to sleep. Traffic noise is so low, but there aren't any cars anyway. Unfortunately, loud snow plows ruin it.

EDIT: Finally the sun is up so I took a look outside. It's snowing really hard out there. It's not even officially winter yet.

Loving it here, I'm in Montgomery County, Maryland and so far we have about a foot with about another foot coming throughout the day. They've declared a snow emergency in my area, basically warning everyone to not go outside if not needed.

Haven't had this type of snow in years!

dscf1364.jpg

Yay, white fluffy stuff! I hope my supposedly already-waterproof boots are actually waterproof, because I'm gonna go walk a mile now. :D

Everyone take photos today.

I took some photos last year where everything was covered in ice... lets see if I can find them. I've got a fantastic view out back.

EDIT: Not going to bother, the photos are on an EIDE drive that's not hooked up right now. However, there are a couple reduced size ones on my profile, hang on...

Here we go, these are from last year: it's ice on everything

You just don't get the same effect with the small sized photos. :(

There's been about eight inches on the ground for a few weeks now. I'll take pictures today if I feel motivated.

There's snow on the ground as of today. Only snowed like this once before so far. It didn't stick around last time, but we'll see now.

I got hit with snow back when the blizzard was first being reported in the midwest (15") and the stuff is still around. Walk down the sidewalk and on either side is snow up to my knees (2 feet sometimes 3) from being shoveled off the pavement. And it is almost that deep farther into the yard from that pile high snow drifting from the high winds last week. My retriever has trouble finding a spot to pee even though she doesn't mind jumping through this snow (and pulling me through it). hehe

I still have no snow here, this is bullshit.

Still no sign of any snow, and that suits me fine. :D

I hope it clears from London, I have to ride up there on Wednesday for Christmas. :|

No sign of snow here either, but I desperately need it. It doesn't feel like Christmas at all here...

Canada is crazy. I can't imagine living in a place where the weather will kill you for half the year if you go out in it without taking a lot of precautions first. It's not natural to live in such places!

It never really drops much lower than a few degrees below here, and to me that's hostile enough. Equally, our two month winter is quite long enough. Also, your heating bills must be insane.

Holy **** monster snow. I just looked outside again. It's been snowing since some unknown time before the sun came up and it's now 2:35 PM. It's got to be over 2 feet of snow out there and the snow is still coming down hard.

I built a snowman!
We did not quite have two feet of snow, but it was still a lot compared to recent Decembers.

It's supposed to snow for another 14 hours straight, and there's a chance it's going to snow twice more in the next 2 days.

My brother already has 3.5 feet at his house, 4.5 feet in the drifts.

We only have ~4-5 inches here. I imagine 4 feet would be pretty sucky.

I walked to school. Look at this giant field of snow that nobody's playing in:
dscf1375.jpg

Southern Ontario booooooo
The weather here has sucked balls lately. It's absolutely freezing cold all the time, and it still won't snow. Is it any different in your part of the province?

In my province, there's no now, and it's currently about +5% celcius. It's terrible. We had about 10CM of snow a few days ago, then a HUGE rain shower that put it all away.

Back