I've lost my Hype!

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Man... I can't explain it... I feel so...

My emotional landscape is completely blank. Towards GTA IV, towards everything. This is the most unpleasant experience because I want to be unbelievably hyped for GTA IV. Deep down inside I know I am.

Maybe it'll take that doorbell ringing for it to kick in again. Maybe that'll give me the jump start I need.

I hate it, before every hugely anticipated game, I always experience moments like this, either before, or the day after first playing... and for no reason based on the game really.

Anybody else who hasn't gotten the game yet feeling this way?

I need a "How Raziaar Got His Hype Back" moment.

Maybe anticipation has fried my brain.

Sounds like someone forgot to eat his Crazeh Pills.

Yeah... I guess. :(

I can't believe nobody else is responding or making posts in the GTA IV forums.

DO MOST OF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE GAME!?

Shamrock is too good to talk to me on MSN right now because he's playing it... the bastard.

Oh man this game is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

No.I myself am very anxious and can't wait to get my copy tomorrow.I do envy you however.
By getting caught up in all the hype people tend to spoil the game for themselves and expect much more than what the game can deliver.Ignoring the hype and avoiding spoilers will only increase the unexpected enjoyability this game has to offer.It's hard as **** to ignore it though.

Being objective is always better than being hyped. I wouldn't ever consider being hyped a good thing.

You should send people angry voice mail over Xbox Live, that'd make you feel better.

O WAIT. :p

I was hyped but I always remain skeptical before the release of a game.

I'm the same way Raz, as soon as I got the email that it was shipped I'm really indifferent towards it. Oh well, once it comes I'll be all hyped again

You lost the hype because you're trying not to be jealous of all of us who do have it :p

You lost the hype because you're trying not to be jealous of all of us who do have it :p

As Bad^Hat already pointed out... I sent out angry "YOU GUYS SUCK!" voice messages to everybody who had it this morning and who were all playing together.

I went to bed four hours ago... at 3 am.

It's now 7 AM and I am awake. I've been tossing and turning for the past hour, in a stage of sleep and conciousness.

My mind has been inundated with thoughts of both Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game being launched from a delivery truck out on the cul-de-sac towards my house, where I had to catch them THROUGH my open window which had the screen still up. All of them shattered. My driveway was covered with them. But then I somwhow got a hold of one of each version.

I woke up sniffling because I thought I had a copy but realized I was empty handed. <sigh>

Poor Raz. You've probably over-hyped/saturated yourself. I had a simular thing with Ep2, I'd watched the gameplay videos a ton of times, read every interview out there, looked at every screenshot, I even had a count down clock on my desktop... about a day before its release I'd spent soo much time thinking/reading/watching/etc Ep2 stuff that I wasn't excited any more. I still enjoyed Ep2, about half way through the hyped feeling came back and it was grand.

My advice would be to try and forget about it, do something else, preferrably something that isn't a game at all - read a book or something.

My advice would be to try and forget about it, do something else, preferrably something that isn't a game at all - read a book or something.

read-a-book.jpg

Or watch read a book...it's good for the lulz.

Should I be hyped?
Is the gameplay significantly different from the previous titles in the series?

I know, it has multiplayer, physics etc. but are there some real differences to how it plays?

Should I be hyped?
Is the gameplay significantly different from the previous titles in the series?

I know, it has multiplayer, physics etc. but are there some real differences to how it plays?

The game feels right, whereas previous GTA3 games felt like crap in pretty much every department, like combat, driving and character interaction. But in the core, it's GTA. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Actually Raziaar, I'm kind of feeling what you are feeling .After awhile the hype just went away, I can't really explain it, but it sucks. But I'm trying to just enjoy the game as much as possible.

The game feels right, whereas previous GTA3 games felt like crap in pretty much every department, like combat, driving and character interaction. But in the core, it's GTA. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I didn't like the previous ones much. Got bored after running around for a while doing random shit. Missions involving time limits.

Actually Raziaar, I'm kind of feeling what you are feeling .After awhile the hype just went away, I can't really explain it, but it sucks. But I'm trying to just enjoy the game as much as possible.

Oh rest assured... when that delivery truck rolls through... I'm going to be bouncing off the walls.

Man... I can't explain it... I feel so...

My emotional landscape is completely blank. Towards GTA IV, towards everything. This is the most unpleasant experience because I want to be unbelievably hyped for GTA IV. Deep down inside I know I am.

Maybe it'll take that doorbell ringing for it to kick in again. Maybe that'll give me the jump start I need.

I hate it, before every hugely anticipated game, I always experience moments like this, either before, or the day after first playing... and for no reason based on the game really.

Anybody else who hasn't gotten the game yet feeling this way?

I need a "How Raziaar Got His Hype Back" moment.

Maybe anticipation has fried my brain.

I've stopped following most games through development ..I've barely watched more than a few videos, read a few articles leading up to the release of GTA ..even though it's an automatic buy for me ..after pretty much knowing everything that happened in HL2 months before release I've stopped following games before release; I'd rather be pleasantly surprised then say "oh this is the part from video #254" ..Age of Conan is the exception, but I couldnt stay away if I tried

Oh man... they're airing King of the Hill - Grand Theft Arlen

LOL

Lol, and here I was not even knowing GTA IV would be released.

It doesn't matter though. I have neither a 360 nor a PS3

I've stopped following most games through development ..

..after pretty much knowing everything that happened in HL2 months before release I've stopped following games before release; I'd rather be pleasantly surprised then say "oh this is the part from video #254" ..
Same here, except replace HL2 with Ep2 so it's a more recent pledge, I think I'll be happier this way. My execption is multiplayer-only games like Left4Dead.

Age of Conan is the exception, but I couldnt stay away if I tried
Why doesn't that suprise me :p

Back