JesusWeen or how to get beaten up on Halloween

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Calgary - In effort to counter what they consider the "satanic" festival of Halloween, Christian groups have declared a festival of their own on the same day as Halloween, October 31.
The festival, named JesusWeen, is being sponsored by the Evangelical Christian community, and their intention is to turn the Halloween festival into a Jesus Festival. The plan is that many young Christians will turn out on the streets on Halloween night for an evangelical outreach, distributing bibles and Christian tracts to children out for Halloween fun.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/312692#ixzz1abC0JjWb

ya the bigger kids will have fun beating the little weenies handing out bibles

Good, there's bound to be a lot of teens looking for paper to roll with and a book to roll it on.

Yes, its a perfect idea to go out on the most mischievous night there is and try to preach religion to people. Nothing bad can happen.

All this did was make me think of Jesus' wiener...

Hopefully nobody gets shot by some religious nut job.

Demons exist, and they come in the form of people who try to steer their children towards priests. That's where all the candy really is, they say.

/satan

I think people should really embrace JesusWeen this year by dressing up as a crucified Jesus Christ. Zombies fit right in, right?

I really don't understand the fear/hatred of Halloween. what is so wrong with dressing up and having fun with friends and or family and giving candy to each other? There seems to be less and less rationalization with religion these days

I really don't understand the fear/hatred of Halloween. what is so wrong with dressing up and having fun with friends and or family and giving candy to each other? There seems to be less and less rationalization with religion these days

Because if you dress as a witch for Halloween, you automatically worship satan. /religious logic

Hail Satan

I'm going to go out dressed up like a bible and when they try to hand one out to me I'll be all "No thank, I already am one."

I bet there's going to be more than a couple flying spaghetti monsters roaming around there as well.

Oh goodie! I'll get my Jesus shaped cookie cutters out!

Dress up as your favorite archangels!

Just for the record, I'm against bullying the religious people. They're the biggest bullies out there in the social-political landscape and stooping to their level doesn't really solve anything.

So I take it bombarding the local church with toilet paper is out of the question this year?

Just for the record, I'm against bullying the religious people. They're the biggest bullies out there in the social-political landscape and stooping to their level doesn't really solve anything.
Who say's we're trying to solve anything? Halloween is a night of fun prankery, and if they're going to make such easy targets, it'd be kind of rude not to oblige.
So I take it bombarding the local church with toilet paper is out of the question this year?
On the contrary, its more acceptable now than ever!

Who say's we're trying to solve anything? Halloween is a night of fun prankery, and if they're going to make such easy targets, it'd be kind of rude not to oblige.

Was really talking about physical violence, not pranking, though granted that really doesn't apply to my comment about them being the biggest social-political bullies.

Since it's halloween a big group should join their 'thing' take their bibles then have an awesome bonfire.
Otherwise just ignore them and they'll go away when they realise their children hate them.

In effort to counter what they consider the "satanic" festival of Halloween, Christian groups have declared a festival of their own on the same day as Halloween, October 31.

When asked if they would continue celebrating a pagan holiday two months down the line by hoisting a dead tree into their living rooms and celebrating the memory of their principle blood sacrifice, christian representatives declined to answer.

The irony is that all hallows eve (halloween) used to be a Christian holiday. We come full circle.

JesusWeen doesn't even make grammatical sense. Hallowe'en is actually an abbreviation for Hallow Evening (as in, All Hallow's Eve) so the Jesus crowd have a W stuck in the middle of their silly made up word that doesn't belong there. It should be Jesuseen.

The irony is that all hallows eve (halloween) used to be a Christian holiday. We come full circle.
Uh what? Halloween started as a harvest festival that the church took over just like Christmas was a solstice celebration.

Uh what? Halloween started as a harvest festival that the church took over just like Christmas was a solstice celebration.
Right, so secular holiday -> christian holiday -> secular holiday again -> christian holiday again (though I doubt Jesus ween is going to take off, but there's no accounting for stupidity)

Pre-Christian harvest festivals were usually religious ('pagan') rather than secular.

**** ya'll JesusWeen sounds hella tight. Can't wait for the JesusWeen parties sippin the blood of our lord and savior (satan) with my bros.

Someone should dress up as a priest and hand out edited Chick tracts.

Hahaha, Smoke, I thought this thread was about the band until I actually clicked on it.

I feel sorry for the poor kids forced into participating in JesusWeen... the potential for these kids to get picked on is crazy

Ah.. I have never been a great fan of Halloween. I do not think it is a well constructed idea to reach out to those on Halloween in regards to religion; you'll find that Halloween is a night of mischief, hooligans and those who believe it is to be a night of "evil" with a freepass to do whatever you want to whoever you want. It's possible some of the religious participants could be harmed; it would be best to travel as a group as opposed to handing out religious reading material as separated individuals. I assisted my eighty year old neighbor last year in cleaning her yard of eggs, smashed fall pumpkins, her destroyed fountains, flowers and such. She told me that the neighborhood has been declining due to todays youth and such. She has resided there for almost sixty years. For me, it's a day to remove the fall-decorations and hide anything that is breakable. I have since moved to a City that is more Police-Monitored, its a small town but has a large Police force so I feel that Halloween shouldn't be too "hooliganish" this year for me.

Back