just got..

kacation_man

Reaction score
the PS3 copy of orange box today... I've played through orange box and half life and portal and everything on PC already.. but i found this for 20 bux at my place of work and thought I'd pick it up to play through and see any differences.

I've heard of a lots of people crying about frame rates and load times on this copy.. honestly they can not be any worse then when i played through half life 2 the first time on my 1.6Ghz AMD with 512mb of ram and a Geforce 6200...

loading screens took like 12 mins and i got an average frame rate of just over 20fps..

so here we go.. i got hte week end off.. and waiting to buy new graphics card.. hopefully this kills enough time :p

the PS3 copy of orange box today... I've played through orange box and half life and portal and everything on PC already.. but i found this for 20 bux at my place of work and thought I'd pick it up to play through and see any differences.

I've heard of a lots of people crying about frame rates and load times on this copy.. honestly they can not be any worse then when i played through half life 2 the first time on my 1.6Ghz AMD with 512mb of ram and a Geforce 6200...

loading screens took like 12 mins and i got an average frame rate of just over 20fps..

so here we go.. i got hte week end off.. and waiting to buy new graphics card.. hopefully this kills enough time :p

Yeah...

so far I've had zero problems with it and it seem to run just fine, granted im only about half way through, half life 2.. its a bit hard with a controler seeing as im used to the mouse and keyboard..

i jumped in TF2 to see how that ran and while there where very little people playing frames seemed fine, the lag was very apparent and the lobby needs lots of work.. but either way there doesn't seem to be any real problems. with it.

I'll have to completely play through all of them to make full judgment.

sorry for the double post bump... but i have come to say that there are zero problems with the PS3 copy of orange box.. and after finishing up to hl2:ep2.... im sad now :( despite i already knew what was coming.. it still made me super sad :(

The PC version is better if your have a good Gfx card cos steam provides a huge gaming community

The PC version is always better... As the graphics and the controls are awesome XD

If you have a **** computer with a graphic card from th '80s PS3 may be a better option, but you can buy a new PC for the price of a PS3, so why not just buy new components - 4850, e5200. for as cheap as chips - and this will thrash the orange box and the PS3

Agreed controls MUCH better

If you have a **** computer with a graphic card from th '80s PS3 may be a better option, but you can buy a new PC for the price of a PS3, so why not just buy new components - 4850, e5200. for as cheap as chips - and this will thrash the orange box and the PS3

Agreed controls MUCH better

Computers from the 80s couldn't even run Windows.

Back