Just saw "Team America." F*ck Yeah!

DarkStar

Tank
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, I know. Wrong forum and all that. But since I think splintering off-topic was a stupid idea, I'm not going to abide by it. Why should I have to post in a dead, niche, ignored forum just to tell you about an awesome movie?

Anyway, Team America completely and totally rocks. The humor, the violence, the sex, the music, the..........strings, it all just comes together beautifully. The movie's political message is not right or left, it's simply that the whole system is totally absurd and deserving of satire. The movie actually take fewer jabs at politics than it does at blockbuster hollywood action movies. The whole thing looks like it was financed and cut by Jerry Bruckheimer himself, which makes the tongue that much more in cheek. Everyone should go see this when it comes out next week.

What would you give it out of 100%?
Is there any reason a 14 year old would have to see it with an adult (besides the fact that it's rated R)?

DarkStar said:
Yeah, I know, I know. Wrong forum and all that. But since I think splintering off-topic was a stupid idea, I'm not going to abide by it. Why should I have to post in a dead, niche, ignored forum just to tell you about an awesome movie?
Maybe it wouldn't be ignored and dead if you posted in it? If all the people who weren't boycotting it for no reason would post in it, I'm sure it would be great over there. :|

By the way, I'm glad that you liked it. :D Hoping to see it soon.

Which party did it make fun of (if any)?
Gimme a little backdrop for it because I really dont understand the concept.

seinfeldrules said:
If you read his review, he said "The movie's political message is not right or left, it's simply that the whole system is totally absurd and deserving of satire." Kudos to Trey and Matt. That is the way it should be.

And I'll join in on protesting the splinter forum.

ShadowFox said:
;( Why? I like it, but I do think it would be better suited as a sub-forum.

They did have to tone it down considerably for it to earn an R instead of NC-17 Rating, Though.

ShadowFox said:
If you read his review, he said "The movie's political message is not right or left, it's simply that the whole system is totally absurd and deserving of satire." Kudos to Trey and Matt. That is the way it should be.

Ok thats exactly what I wanted to hear.

Lil' Timmy said:
and that's exactly what I wanted to hear!
what would we do without lil timmy to remind us were all human.

gh0st said:
what would we do without lil timmy to remind us were all human.

You mean it's only lil timmy that's holding us back in these frail human shells?

NO! Think of our potential! :naughty:

Pogrom said:
You mean it's only lil timmy that's holding us back in these frail human shells?

NO! Think of our potential! :naughty:
potential for mupplet sex :(

gh0st said:
potential for mupplet sex :(

I always knew Trey and Stone were ahead of their time.

slightly back on topic... I am interested in seeing Team America.

I do think politics these days is too much of a circus.

I thought they removed the sex scene. If I go with my dad to the movies, he'll let me watch bloody battle scenes and etc... because violence kicks ass and kids of all ages can enjoy it. But for sex scenes, he won't let me watch the movie, even if there is just one. But this is comedy so he may let me see it. Is there a sex scene? I'm getting mixed messages.

From what I see, it appears to still be there. Albeit in a toned down version.

So there is a sex scene, but it fits into an R rating (which I assume is an American rating).

In Australia R means 18+

I heard that movie ir from the creators of southpark
and for what you say is true

Tredoslop said:
I thought they removed the sex scene. If I go with my dad to the movies, he'll let me watch bloody battle scenes and etc... because violence kicks ass and kids of all ages can enjoy it. But for sex scenes, he won't let me watch the movie, even if there is just one. But this is comedy so he may let me see it. Is there a sex scene? I'm getting mixed messages.
.. it's puppets...

If you feel it'll be uncomfortable to see it with a parent, just go with some friends.

The Thunderbird crew pupplets take mupplet-eating biozemades as anal suppositories.

seinfeldrules said:

They make fun of everyone in this movie. You conservatives out there will be giddy when you see what happens to Michael Moore. They have a great analogy about differing political beliefs that uses dicks, pussies and assholes to illustrate how insane the whole thing is. Great movie, please go see it everybody.

Pogrom said:
I always knew Trey and Stone were ahead of their time.

slightly back on topic... I am interested in seeing Team America.

I do think politics these days is too much of a circus.

not just a circus, described in two words.... Clown Shoes!

I dont mind the idea of the heirarchy in this so called 'democracey', but the gap between the powering elite of the world and the 3rd world poverty is so immoral it's just plain wrong.

I mean in simplist terms... if you have money you can influence the world. (doesnt matter if your a A hole, which is often the case)

If your poor you can either die, or live a miserable life of scarce opertunity to better yourself, usually resulting in disease and disatisfaction, pretty much exiled by the rest of the world.

worst thing... the majority of people with hudge amounts of money would rather invest for more and make their lives more successful (like they havnt already had their fair share), than help these people.

*end of moral rant*

ComradeBadger said:
clarky if you had money would you honestly give it away? I doubt it.
there are philanthropists out there you know..

ComradeBadger said:
clarky if you had money would you honestly give it away? I doubt it.
If I had a lot more than I needed to support a comfortable, but not extravagant, lifestyle I would give away at least half of the rest (only keeping some in case I'm out of work for a while). My house/apartment definately wouldn't be anywhere near the stuff you see on MTV's "Cribs"... nor would I own multiple cars (or just one that costs a fortune). Some people don't like being wasteful even if they can afford it. Just because you might want as much money as possible doesn't mean everyone is the same.

it makes fun of michael moore... thats all i care about. cant wait to see it!

Lil' Timmy said:
well, at least you're well-rounded -_-

well when he has proven himself to be such a douche, even causing his once-friends (matt stone and trey parker) to make a movie that mocks him... whats to be well-rounded about? when he offers a sincere apology to president bush and the american people, ill think differently of him.

It was hilarious

The way the puppets kinda just got thrown around reminded me of CS:S

lol i saw it last night, the hand-to-hand fight scenes where ****ing sweet, the whole movie kicked ass!

Back