JustCause2 or FarCry2?

Which is a better choice?

• Far Cry 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Cause 2

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • Neither (there's something better out there?)

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm on a budget right now, and I need to limit my spending on games atm. Which one of these is a better choice and why? To those who will predictably say that both games suck and I have a bad taste in games, then please guide me towards something in your opinion is much better.

I'm all ears and I want to make a wise decision here by getting the most out of my hard earned money so educate me!

FarCry 2 is fun for a matter of minutes, but every mission is the same and free roam seems to be more of a chore then a fun side thing.

Just Cause 2 has a fairly lousy story and bad voice acting, but who cares when your riding a propane tank shooting grenades at a helicopter?

Tbh, save your money until you can buy Red Dead Redemption.

FarCry 2 is fun for a matter of minutes, but every mission is the same and free roam seems to be more of a chore then a fun side thing.

Just Cause 2 has a fairly lousy story and bad voice acting, but who cares when your riding a propane tank shooting grenades at a helicopter?

Tbh, save your money until you can buy Red Dead Redemption.
I've been thinking seriously about RDR, but not really into the Wild West theme.

So is the fun factor of RDR > the actual theme?

The over-the-top action of Just Cause 2 sounds like butter to my bread. I like super crazy action like that. Makes me feel like a god among men in the virtual world.
I also liked Crackdown too. Should I wait for Crackdown 2?

EDIT> Oh snap. I should've added Crackdown 2 to that poll.

Just Cause 2 if you had to pick between the two. As for recent games, I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption a ton and that is my GOTY so far.

Get Red Dead Redemption, it's a great mix of the two. I gave up on both JC2 and FC2 pretty early into the game, they both get really repetitive.

far cry 2 was pretty good, but in the long run it is extremely repetitive. i haven't played JC2, but it looks good to me.

Far Cry 2 suffers from a regional population that refuses to stop mating and reproducing like rabbits

Yeah, the respawning in FC2 was just absurd. Even it was as short as 10 minutes it was still be more bearable.

FC2 is a huge piece of shit, avoid at all costs. I'm embarrassed that I paid $5 for it on Steam.

The first two hours of Far Cry 2 you will say "This is great!" and then 5 hours later you will be crying and want your mofuggin money back.

Also, Far Cry 2 is now 10 dollars at Walmart and Target.

The first two hours of Far Cry 2 you will say "This is great!" and then 5 hours later you will be crying and want your mofuggin money back.

Also, Far Cry 2 is now 10 dollars at Walmart and Target.
Really? 10$ isn't a bad deal even for a "meh" game. I'm pretty easy to please most of the time just so long as it isn't a buggy mess like Bethesda's games. If it's a "meh" game in the first place, then that would certainly be the nail in the coffin the first or second time it freezes before I lose all interest.

This has even happened to games I once liked alot like Oblivion, (modded of course, not vanilla) but I just could no longer bear the obnoxious amount of incompetence exhibited with the programming and simply gave up trying to force myself to enjoy the game. It's a shame really, because the modding community tried so hard to make Oblivion an enjoyable experience.

Anyways, what's the word on Crackdown 2? I haven't heard anything in a while. I may hold out for a bit before deciding until I can get my fix of crac.... I mean agility orbs.

Back