L.A. Noire (New Rockstar PS3 title)

Finished it yesterday. Was a great game overall but some portions drug on a bit, especially the homicide desk. My biggest complaint was the scripted driving/chase sequences. They looked completely unnatural and were a pain sometimes because cars would turn 90 degrees out of nowhere down an alley. I didn't really like the ending either.

So now you finished this, can you please port both LA noire and RDR to pc, Rockstar? I'm losing my patience!

So I just beat this, was also kind of disappointed with the ending.

Mainly because I didn't get to kill all the assholes that I wanted to.

Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the game, clocked around 20 hours total which is a decent game length for me.

Enjoyable game. Bought it today and played it for five hours straight after diner (the tutorial and the traffic desk cases). Great atmosphere. Team Bondi really nailed the whole Hollywood 1940s vibe. What I like best about it is how a case dynamically evolves, depending on your actions and interrogations. In that sense it is a bit like an RPG with added detective gameplay. The actual interrogating is going pretty well, although I had troubles with some NPCs. For example:

I couldn't get the 15 y.o. girl in the last traffic case to talk. The only question I got right was the one linked to her mother's letter. She was clearly lying, but I guess I should have gone with the doubt approach.

Over all it is a great experience though. Like others have said, if you go into this expecting an interactive detective series, you will have a blast. Just don't think it is a GTA game.

I couldn't get the 15 y.o. girl in the last traffic case to talk. The only question I got right was the one linked to her mother's letter. She was clearly lying, but I guess I should have gone with the doubt approach.

That whole case was impossible. I couldn't read anyone's faces, and had no idea what to do with my notebook full of evidence.

Did three homicide cases tonight. They went okay-ish. I kinda ****ed up the case of the golden butterfly.

It was very obvious captain Donnelly wanted the paedo framed. All the evidence pointed towards the husband though, so I charged him. That resulted in just a 2 star case review and a lashing out from the captain. It made sense though, for Phelps that is. I mean, he seems like the kinda guy who would abide by the law, even though that means a child molester can walk free and a kid is basically made an orphan. I don't really think he is sympathetic.

Finished the homicide cases.

Damn that cover-up. Captain Donnelly disappointed me with that. It fits the story though. I wonder if Phelps will get corrupted as well.

played it being enjoying it so far except for the last case i done: the golden butterfly.

I've heard everyone moan about this case and i can see why its so badly designed, it's a bloody terrible case. I'm actually ****in ragin with how the outcome of mine went :flame:

I've heard everyone moan about this case and i can see why its so badly designed, it's a bloody terrible case. I'm actually ****in ragin with how the outcome of mine went :flame:

Let me guess:

Captain Donnelly was mad as fook at you.

yep, how'd you know? ;)

it would seem that cos i bombed the interview with the husband it led to him running off and him getting caught and convicted which sounds like it was the wrong thing to do cos the captian was so peeved. Was not happy it ended so suddenly tho and the choice of suspect was taken away fro me and the husband was picked by default; utter bull****

it would seem that cos i bombed the interview with the husband it led to him running off and him getting caught and convicted which sounds like it was the wrong thing to do cos the captian was so peeved. Was not happy it ended so suddenly tho and the choice of suspect was taken away fro me and the husband was picked by default; utter bull****

Wow, your story differs a lot from mine and I also bombed most interviews in that case.

Finished the game.

Serious ending spoilers ahoy!
Why does Rockstar insist on killing off its main characters? Not that I had grown very fond of Phelps, but seriously ... I wonder what form the DLC cases will have now; if you're gonna play like Phelps or someone else.

Over all it was a great game. I enjoyed it a lot. I will be getting the DLC for this game for sure. I want to play more cases.

Finished the game.

Serious ending spoilers ahoy!
Why does Rockstar insist on killing off its main characters? Not that I had grown very fond of Phelps, but seriously ... I wonder what form the DLC cases will have now; if you're gonna play like Phelps or someone else.

Over all it was a great game. I enjoyed it a lot. I will be getting the DLC for this game for sure. I want to play more cases.

Well honestly

They kind of made Phelps out to be an asshole towards the end of the game. They probably did this so people wouldn't really care that they killed him off. Sure I was still sad that the guy I had played as the entire game died, but it didn't feel as bad as it should have. I also didn't like the way the ending was done overall. It just felt kind of scrapped together to me. It left a lot of stuff unexplained.

Well honestly

They kind of made Phelps out to be an asshole towards the end of the game. They probably did this so people wouldn't really care that they killed him off. Sure I was still sad that the guy I had played as the entire game died, but it didn't feel as bad as it should have. I also didn't like the way the ending was done overall. It just felt kind of scrapped together to me. It left a lot of stuff unexplained.

The story was pretty clear to me by the end of the game. I just found it wholly unsatisfying that everyone gets away with it. Which might have been the whole point, some justice for at least a couple of persons would have been nice.

Digital Foundry has done a couple of awesome time lapse movies. They reminded me to download the soundtrack. The main LAN theme is ideal for lounging.

Just finished the Homicide Desk

Did I miss something? Because I never heard an explanation as to why some of the suspects had boxes of bloody shirts and murder weapons in their apartments. Did the Werewolf plant them there? No one ever claims they were set up.

Just finished the Homicide Desk

Did I miss something? Because I never heard an explanation as to why some of the suspects had boxes of bloody shirts and murder weapons in their apartments. Did the Werewolf plant them there? No one ever claims they were set up.

Yeah, good point.

It is implied that some of the evidence is planted but it isn't satisfactorily explained. Donnelly closing the case because of the Werewolf's half-brother being a high ranked politician was lazy script writing imo.

EDIT Also, the DLC details are in:

Announcing the first details about upcoming downloadable content for L.A. Noire. Beginning today and continuing on through the summer months, several standalone cases, collectibles and challenges will be released via PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE, including all of the pre-order exclusive unlockable bonus content as well as a free downloadable weapon.

Starting today you'll be able to purchase the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, a new way to pre-order and purchase DLC that gives players access to all of the upcoming downloadable content for L.A. Noire, available for a limited-time discounted price of just $9.99 on PlayStation Network and 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE.

Then, later this summer, look for two brand new DLC cases. The "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson case (coming June 21st) and the "Reefer Madness" Vice case (coming July 12th). Below is the full breakdown of L.A. Noire downloadable content pricing and release dates.
Stay tuned for more details and information on these L.A. Noire DLC cases in the weeks to come.

Now Available
* "Chicago Lightning" Detective Suit (Free via the Social Club)
* "Chicago Piano" Machine Gun (Free)
* L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass ($9.99 PSN / 800 MS Points until June 14th)
* "The Naked City" Vice Desk Case ($3.99 PSN / 320 MS Points)
* "A Slip of The Tongue" Traffic Desk Case ($3.99 PSN / 320 MS Points)
* The Badge Pursuit Challenge ($1.99 PSN / 160 MS Points)
* "The Broderick" Detective Suit ($0.99 PSN / 80 MS Points)
* "The Sharpshooter" Detective Suit ($0.99 PSN / 80 MS Points)

Available June 21st
* "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Desk Case ($3.99 PSN / 320 MS Points)

Available July 12th
* "Reefer Madness" Vice Desk Case ($3.99 PSN / 320 MS Points)

EDIT 2 Meh ....

FWmT4.jpg

All the DLC? Well at least i can get it all for about £7 i guess ^_^

Just finished it and yeah the ending
was abit of a punch in the gut but ya know I kinda liked that. I am kinda tired of how the hero saves the day all the time with no consequence crap. At least the ending was more impactful this way.

spoilered just in case :p

yeah the ending

was abit of a punch in the gut but ya know I kinda liked that. I am kinda tired of how the hero saves the day all the time with no consequence crap. At least the ending was more impactful this way.

spoilered just in case :p

Well yeah, but ...

It is true that the ending fits the theme of the game and it isn't necessarily a 'bad ending' because Phelps seems to feel redeemed during his final moments, but that damn funeral felt like a slap in the face. Especially that smug face of Earle when he held the eulogy.

I had really like to have seen DLC that would have moved the story forward, and to me LAN looked like the ideal game for that kind of content, but apparently Rockstar decided against it. I have a hunch that Team Bondi's next game won't be published by Rockstar.

cant say i disagree with you but i never felt cheated at that slap in the face as i never felt it was an awkward tonal shift or anything. To me it just showed corruption was still rife in LA and obv that message would be lost if it was a good partner who stood up there instead of earle

kinda disappointed by the DLC announcement....

I wanna see Kelso tying up loose ends damnit!

Got all the DLCs released so far via the Pass, haven't had time to play them though.

The Rockstar pass was 8 euro at launch and provided four new cases. Separately they're a lot more expensive. The pass costs a tenner now iirc.

Back