Least Favorite Band and Genre

Rude Ken

Reaction score
I was very curious to see what type of music you all liked, and now I am just as curious to see what you hate. Put your 3 least favorite bands, and your all time least favorite Genre.

Least favorite bands:
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Fall Out Boy
3. Gwen Stefani (as a solo artists, for the sole reason she abandoned No Doubt.)

Least favorite Genre:
I think you all know my least favorite genre, but for those of you who are ignorant, it's emo music. fags.

EDIT: don't take my sig offensively, It was from the Ali G show, besides, I'm jewish myself.

I'm going to base your hate for 'emo' around those bands, right? Thing is, they ain't emo. Not at all. You'd probably like real emo as I can see your a hardcore punk fan from the other thread. If you like Black Flag then you should deffinatly like Fugazi, who are very early, raw emo that... well, kicks ass.

My least favorite bands... I'm not really sure. I tend to not even acknowledge the existence of bands that I hate.

But I do know my least favorite genre is... no, not Rap... but Country.

Rap, at least, has a few good artists that actually excite some change in the genre (esp. Kanye West, K-os, etc.), whereas I have yet to find a single country song that's changed that genre one bit.

I am a very big hardcore punk fan, my band is partially punk (punk/ska). I do not consider any of those bands emo. I just hate there overrated bull shit more than not as well known emo. I have heard many real emo bands, all of which I hate. The closest thing to emo that I like, is Avenged Sevenfold, but they arn't really emo. More like Death Metal and a hint of screamo.

My least favorite bands... I'm not really sure. I tend to not even acknowledge the existence of bands that I hate.

But I do know my least favorite genre is... no, not Rap... but Country.

Rap, at least, has a few good artists that actually excite some change in the genre (esp. Kanye West, K-os, etc.), whereas I have yet to find a single country song that's changed that genre one bit.

I could not have said that better myself. Cheers.

I am a very big hardcore punk fan, my band is partially punk (punk/ska). I do not consider any of those bands emo. I just hate there overrated bull shit more than not as well known emo. I have heard many real emo bands, all of which I hate. The closest thing to emo that I like, is Avenged Sevenfold, but they arn't really emo. More like Death Metal and a hint of screamo.

you are not punk just because you listen to dead kennedys

Least favorite bands:
1. Korn
2. My Chemical Romance
3. Blue October

Least favorite Genre:
Rap.

you are not punk just because you listen to dead kennedys

How dare you. You ARE kidding me right. Have you failed to read the post where I put all of my favorite music. Don't stereotype someone by there Signature, that's pretty low. Read what I like, then come back and talk. People that have your attitude ruin the punk culture. People who think only there friends and them are REAL punks.

How dare you. You ARE kidding me right. Have you failed to read the post where I put all of my favorite music. Don't stereotype someone by there Signature, that's pretty low. Read what I like, then come back and talk. People that have your attitude ruin the punk culture. People who think only there friends and them are REAL punks.
How dare I? Welcome to the internet, friendly. Yes, as a matter of fact I failed to read that post, because I do not keep up with every single new post - you realize we have well over two million of them? I'm stereotyping you because of how you act and I'll continue to do so for as long as I damn well please. You listen to a few true punk bands, but you also listen to a lot of bands that think they're punk but aren't. The only reason I'm not ripping on you right now is because you've got Minor Threat on there.

Also, I'm not punk, and don't consider myself to be, so if we're going to talk about stereotyping people without valid methodology, try eating your own words.

How dare I? Welcome to the internet, friendly. Yes, as a matter of fact I failed to read that post, because I do not keep up with every single new post - you realize we have well over two million of them? I'm stereotyping you because of how you act and I'll continue to do so for as long as I damn well please. You listen to a few true punk bands, but you also listen to a lot of bands that think they're punk but aren't. The only reason I'm not ripping on you right now is because you've got Minor Threat on there.

Also, I'm not punk, and don't consider myself to be, so if we're going to talk about stereotyping people without valid methodology, try eating your own words.

You have no clue of real music, you are an embarassment to punk. You rip people apart because you get pleasure out of it. You insulted me because you most likely had a bad day yourself. You should have just shut your mouth and posted about the topic at hand. You are a disgrace to music and most importantly to punk. Don't follow up this message being that I don't need your 2 cents, being that it is coming from someone who has no taste in music and has no respect. Go listen to some emo.

Music: serious business. Musical genres can be argued on forever. There's the main genre, but no, I don't listen to techno, I listen to industrial which is obviously better than techno. Wait, no, I listen to IDM, not that crappy rave shit. Shut the **** up. Ignorance is bliss, amirite?

Anyway. I don't have any bands that I truely hate, as I am open to most music. But one genre I most dislike is rap. Nothing but one thing has come out of the whole society (for lack of a better word) of rap that has been good: Ludacris.

Hey Ken? You like punk, awesome! Let's go listen to Green day together :thumbs:

Glenn hates R n B most, and any artists alongside it generally. It just makes me angry, I need my guitar, bass, drums, brass etc for anything generally rock, indy, jazz or classical, which is my preference.

Punk's been dead since the 80s. And get off your high horse shit. Henry Rollins would punch you in the face.

Least Favorite Genre:
Ska

Least favorite bands:
Ska bands

Pretty self-explanatory.

Least favorite artists? Well, I wouldn't know since I'm obviously not listening to them.

Genres? Ska, Punk, Pop, and Country.

You have no clue of real music, you are an embarassment to punk. You rip people apart because you get pleasure out of it. You insulted me because you most likely had a bad day yourself. You should have just shut your mouth and posted about the topic at hand. You are a disgrace to music and most importantly to punk. Don't follow up this message being that I don't need your 2 cents, being that it is coming from someone who has no taste in music and has no respect. Go listen to some emo.

I hope you meet Ian McKaye at a concert and he punches you in the face for being a douchebag. How can one be an embarrassment to something they have no connection to? I'm insulting you because you're polluting the forum with your annoying posts and borderline trolling (as evidenced by your repeated statements of "I can say whatever I want, **** everybody"). You don't know what music I listen to, so we're going to breeze on past that ridiculous accusation, and I'd argue that YOU'RE the one here whos a "disgrace to punk".

I feel no reason to respect someone who blatantly states that they have no compulsion or reason to respect others.

As far as this thread goes:
Least favorite genres are wannabe-punk like this kid seems to idolize and the vast majority of country music.

No least favourite genre as it is too hard to distinguish 'em all D:

Band wise
Fall Out Boy
Panic! At the Disco
Westlife/Take That/Boyzone

OH god, how I hate Panic! at the Disco.

Least:
Panic! At the Disco
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance

Anything with a really high-pitched whiny guy with a strong American accent.

Least favourite genres:

Ambient Electronic
Pretty much any form of metal
Post-rock

Least favourite bands.. hm

Probably any american 'punk' bands (Dead Kennedys et all). You guys just can't do it, get over it. The closest you had were the Ramones.

And even they wanted to be sedated!

bud dum pish! I'm here all week!

I have a feeling I just slated the entire forum's music taste :E

And Glenn, am I to assume I should try the veal?

I hope you meet Ian McKaye at a concert and he punches you in the face for being a douchebag. How can one be an embarrassment to something they have no connection to? I'm insulting you because you're polluting the forum with your annoying posts and borderline trolling (as evidenced by your repeated statements of "I can say whatever I want, **** everybody"). You don't know what music I listen to, so we're going to breeze on past that ridiculous accusation, and I'd argue that YOU'RE the one here whos a "disgrace to punk".

I feel no reason to respect someone who blatantly states that they have no compulsion or reason to respect others.

As far as this thread goes:
Least favorite genres are wannabe-punk like this kid seems to idolize and the vast majority of country music.

I do remember telling you to not follow up my message. But, I know your type, it kills you too just let things sit, and I did not say "**** everybody". First your acusing musical disintrest, and now your misquoting me, you would make a REALLY good lawyer. I do beleive a song was written that classifies you. Punk by the Book, by Anti-Flag, this song tells how a person wears a leather jacket and spikes his hair, and by that, classifies himself punk. Punk is about the music, tradition, and thinking for yourself, not about knowing every band, like you said it was. You are a poser, and you will realize this, when you get your ass kicked by skin heads, for telling them they are not punk. I respect those on this forum who deserve my respect. Not the likes of you.

Least favourite genres:

Ambient Electronic
Pretty much any form of metal
Post-rock

Least favourite bands.. hm

Probably any american 'punk' bands (Dead Kennedys et all). You guys just can't do it, get over it. The closest you had were the Ramones.

LOL. PUH-LEASE. American punk was 20 times better than British punk. The Ramones ****ing sucked. They used the same chord progression for everyone one of their goddamn songs.

I'm pretty tolerant of all kinds of music

any sort of bad music notwithstanding, country is the genre I can stand least

Least Favourite Band:

50 Cent

Least Favourite Genre:

Country (MC Hammer is pure class. So I had to go from Rap to Country)

I have a feeling I just slated the entire forum's music taste :E
Possibly, once I figure out what "post-rock" is. :D

As for country songs that have moved the genre forward, even if you seperate folk music from country and eliminate Dylan and company you're still left with pretty much Johnny Cash's entire discography, and thats just for starters.

Disliked bands/performers:
Anything involving Fred Durst
50 Cent
Celine Dion

Well I hate all country, all ska, and most rap.

I can't name any bands off the top of my head because, well, I don't make it a point to remember bands I can't stand.

Does anyone have any reasons why they hate the bands/genres they do? I can tell you exactly why I hate pop nowadays, because of the stupid squeaky vocals, the crappy selection of song subjects ("you sucked but now you're gone, so I'm gonna try to get over you" sound familiar at all?) the uninteresting.... uninterestingness (distorted guitar, fast drums, and plucky bass playing the same note over and over :|) not to mention the sameness that seems to be such a problem... and it doesn't help that they all associate themselves with the retarded fashions that are "in" nowadays.

btw, OMG you killed kenny! you bastard. actually, thanks.

Least favorite genres:

Most "Indie"
Alot of the popular (rock-ish)bands on that get passed on MTV/Radio.
Punk
Rap/Hip-hop
Country
Metalcore (Getting tired of bands sounding the same.)

Least favourite genres:

Rap by artists such as 50 cent
RnB
Modern punk
Emo
Country

Least favourite bands:

Hmmm... My Chemical Romance
Green Day
The new Emocore bands
Generic post-rock bands
Hmm and yeah..

Rap and Country. No bands in particular, just in general.

Least favorite genre would be country.

My favorite is rap, and only Eminem cuts it for me.
I don't care how much people bitch about how it's not real music, it's what I like -
lyrics above melody. :E

Back