Left 4 Dead 2!!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
Damit, I hate microsoft! I hate them. Stop letting Microsoft have games that should be on the pc only!

troll detected, my trollometer is skyrocketing and detecting large amounts of trolls under this bridge.

seriously watch the micrsoft e3 conference!!

It's true. I could have swore it was Dead Rising 2 by the trailer. But I guess its coming in November.

Damit, I hate microsoft! I hate them. Stop taking games that should be pc only. Stupid Microsoft.

You're a ****ing tool, you know that? You really think Valve will make this 360 only? GTFO. :LOL:

EDIT: Links to the conference stream would be nice.

Well that's intriguing - but potentially very dumb? It is working in direct opposition to Valve's tried and tested formula. Chainsaws just sound ridiculous; what a terrible idea.

It's 360 and PC on november 17th

Well that's intriguing - but potentially dumb? It is working in direct opposition to Valve's tried and tested formula. It's really quite silly.

Yeah I really didn't expect it but it looked good from the trailer

You're a ****ing tool, you know that? You really think Valve will make this 360 only? GTFO. :LOL:

EDIT: Links to the conference stream would be nice.

Oops... my mistake sorry I meant that I hated that microsoft has left4dead 2. Sorry I was just typing fast when I first saw it.

It's true. I could have swore it was Dead Rising 2 by the trailer. But I guess its coming in November.

I thought it was Dead Rising 2 too, what with the chainsaw and all; then I saw the tank and the L4D theme tune :cheers:

Seriously, Melee Weapons, New Orleans as a campaign, New Characters

Well, I'm not a big fan of Left4Dead, I was hoping for more Half-Life or Portal news. Feeling quite disapointed...

We had the stream going at work. It seems gamespot has the only stream thats still working and not getting destroyed by demand.

But I am with Samon on this. I think a sequel is a bad idea.

What the ****? A sequel already?
Seriously, what the **** Valve? They don't usually pull this kind of shit.

If this actually true then this is ****ing terrible news.

Wouldnt it be better just to make an expansion? This isnt a very Valve-like approach :/ Seems like they are following the bandwagon of squeezing out games with a new number on it with a few changes just to make some quick cash.

It'd be even better if they stuck with the first god damn game.

I got to say I really liked the trailer but yeah I agree I thought we wouldn't get something like this anywhere near as soon.

What about Episode 3 or portal 2?? They were announced AGES ago!

Everyone should read the RPS article that Kad posted in the actual forum news. It does sound pretty extensive, so I'm happy. No, scratch that - I'm really happy. It sounds great.

But, it's the mere fact that they're already releasing a sequel.
They should wait a couple years or something.

Perhaps it's a sequel for 360 and an expansion for PC?

But, it's the mere fact that they're already releasing a sequel.
They should wait a couple years or something.

People bitch when Valve take years to release something, now they bitch when they come out from under with news of a brand spanking new game with - what sounds like -a **** ton of new features.

They can't win!

That said, maybe a year is too short notice but who's to say? I've had my years worth of L4D, I'm quite happy for more and by the sounds of it (seriously, read the RPS article already) it's looking quite hefty. Impressive work that Valve have done so much already.

People bitch when Valve take years to release something, now they bitch when they come out from under with news of a brand spanking new game with - what sounds like -a **** ton of new features.

They can't win!

That said, maybe a year is too short notice but who's to say? I've had my years worth of L4D, I'm quite happy for more and by the sounds of it (seriously, read the RPS article already) it's looking quite hefty. Impressive work that Valve have done so much already.

Even from a business perspective, its a bad move. If they wait a while longer, they build up more hype and franchise loyalty from the gamers. People will go "oh yeah, i remember that game, it was awesome, cant wait to buy this one". But now its more like "oh..ok..well...il just stick to the original for a longer while till the prices of the sequel has declined, shouldnt be much of a difference anyway" while most of the hardcore fans will go "OMFG SEQUEL I MUST GET OMG OMG OMG". And wouldnt this kinda kill the original user base rather quickly? Whats the point of buying Left4Dead once this comes out? There will be no more players because they have all switched, and the new one is supposedly better, thus they loose potential sales of the first game.

oh well, it has its positives too.

This looks uniformly not as good as Left 4 Dead. Heck, it doesn't even really look like a Valve product.

YOU GUYS

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/left-4-dead-2/videos/l4d2_gmp_gardenmaze_052809.html

Left 4 Dead 2 is the bad sequel to L4D with none of the original cast or writers.

[edit] You know, like any good horror movie (or movie in general) that's had a pointless sequel pumped out. Usually to make more money.

This game completely panders to the mainstream. He's using a silenced TMP (straight out of CS Source), and then dual wields a Glock and Colt 1911(?), a sure sign that there will be dozens of over-the-top firearms. The characters have horribly-written dialogue, and are clearly based on stereotypes and clichés. Zombies are set on fire by your bullets.

It's the campy, poorly-written sequel to the great original that didn't need a sequel, with none of the original cast or writers.

This is going to be ****ing awesome!

[edit 2] http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/left-4-dead-2/videos/l4d2_gmp_alarm_052809.html

Upbeat cowboy escape music.

Isn't it strange of valve to already have a release date???

Now I've realised with this out this year there are WAY too many games out this year :(

troll detected, my trollometer is skyrocketing and detecting large amounts of trolls under this bridge.

...potentially very dumb? It is working in direct opposition to Valve's tried and tested formula

Feeling quite disapointed...

I think a sequel is a bad idea.

This isnt a very Valve-like approach :/

Seriously, what the **** Valve? They don't usually pull this kind of shit.
2362.jpg

Man I am totally getting that feeling, too. I really hope I ain't wrong, too. This looks all sorts of weird.

It's actually a much better idea than I previously assumed it to be.

I wouldn't be so sure that Ravioli even knows what a low-production mod is.

Just watched the trailer again... ****ing hell, I'm so stoked for this. I'm still loving Left 4 Dead but all these new changes, features, characters, weapons, enemies soon to come...

Good lord.

DENNIS 'CUTTY' WISE VOICE ACTING, too. Oh sheeeeeet. I'm so playing as the coach every game.

My only doubts are the melee weapons, or more specifically the chainsaw, and the con man character. He looks pretty rubbish.

Back