Left 4 Dead 3 at VGA?!

GothicFighter

Reaction score
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/11/20/rumour-left-4-dead-3-at-vgas/
edit: There is also a QR code, shown just for a split second! It redirects me to this:
http://mm.mtv.com/avTWzR

This is the image:

1029201085303am11820106.jpg

Notice the 1 of 3 from the bottom, right corner.

Doesn't look like any of the signs from L4D or L4D2. The entire point of those signs is showing hilariously optimism and unpreparedness. They are never that simple and are usually asking to follow certain emergency procedures. They also never feature any information or depictions of the infected. They also have the CEDA logo all over them. This is as likely to be related to Left 4 Dead as this is to be related to Half-Life. Valve fans really need to learn to stop jumping to conclusions about Valve's announcements.

"There will be a Portal-related surprise."
"OMG EPISODE 3 IN TWO MONTHS WITH THE PORTAL GUN!"
"Actually we're bringing Portal 2 to the PS3 with Steamworks, free DLC and possibly cross-platform co-op."
"VALVE YOU SAID THIS WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER I HATE YOU NOW RELEASE EPSIODE THREE."

Doesn't give me a Left 4 Dead vibe at all. Most likely something else.

Even if it is, I can literally give two ****s about it.

With Portal 2 about to be released in a few months, I doubt VALVe is going to announce any more new games for a while, and definitely not before Episode Three. Well, I could be wrong. Who knows?

Seen this on a few sites, I can't believe how little some articles can be based on. Load of rubbish, not giving it the time of day.

Can we not just have a year without zombie games. Please? If this crap keeps up, Eidos are totally going to get the message that Thief 4 (Thi4f Herp Derp) should be completely composed of Zombie missions, as opposed to being the mess of open-world third-person parkour it's totally supposed to be.

If Valve do a L4D3 I swear to god I'll strangle someone. Abandon that shitty series already and move on.

Valve fans really need to learn to stop jumping to conclusions about Valve's announcements.

There's a reason for that. Give the fans some clear information about the status of a certain franchise, and they will stop jumping to conclusions.
Correction: we don't need clear information. Just some *little piece* of information. It's not that difficult.

There's a reason for that. Give the fans some clear information about the status of a certain franchise, and they will stop jumping to conclusions.
Correction: we don't need clear information. Just some *little piece* of information. It's not that difficult.
Haha yeah. People didn't freak out at all at little pieces of info like "we're making a Portal 2 surprise announcement at E3."

Haha yeah. People didn't freak out at all at little pieces of info like "we're making a Portal 2 surprise announcement at E3."

Fans are frustrated, and I can understand them. Building a mystery helps in creating hype, OK. But when you leave someone in the dark for such a long time, it's a normal thing that every announcement is dissected and over-analysed.

I'm the biggest half life fanboy you will ever meet, but I'm also a patient fanboy. I wait, knowing that what I'm waiting for is going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'm the biggest half life fanboy you will ever meet, but I'm also a patient fanboy. I wait, knowing that what I'm waiting for is going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I agree.But what is the big deal with L4D series? i love them as much as HL.

I agree.But what is the big deal with L4D series? i love them as much as HL.

Your signature fails to chronicle Half-Life: Day One, Half-Life: Uplink and Half-Life: Decay

Just saying.

I'll compile a better formatted signature for you in full chronological (note: not fully canonical) order. It's hard to discern the chronology of the Blue Shift / OP4 and Half-Life/HL-UP and to a lesser extent, lost coast stuff. Obviously this is excluding the deathmatch titles.

Valve's Half-Life Gameography thus far:
Half-Life: Day One, Half-Life, Half-Life: Uplink, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life: Decay, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2

I used bold to indicate the "staples"-- or necessities which are vital to following the story arch.

Day One and Uplink are both pretty unnecessary, since they're just demo versions of Half-Life.

It is definitely worth playing.

Back