Left 4 Dead IGN Preview Includes Plenty of Direct-Feed Footage

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
IGN played the 360 version of Left 4 Dead in versus mode and they have plenty of direct feed footage for the game including infected footage. judging from the footage the game looks solid on the 360 and the visuals looks very sharp. The split screen mode is a blast.[br]

<div align="center">
untitled-11.jpg
</div>

The modes split the screen only two ways, and you can choose between vertical and horizontal orientations. For our play session with the Xbox 360 version of the game, we chose for the screen to be split from top to bottom, and found it worked pretty well. We were playing on an HDTV, so any owners of sets with 4:3 aspect ratios may have a different experience, but it felt as though all that was important was contained within the viewable area.

As far as the visuals go, the Xbox 360 version looks really sharp, particularly the lighting effects as we ran through abandoned farm fields and dilapidated railway tracks near sunset. More importantly, the game ran smoothly, even with 20 or so screaming, flailing infected onscreen, Molotov cocktail fires raging, in an online session with Valve employees and members of another gaming publication. The game also uses an onscreen icon notification system to let you know about item pickups or game events that seems to work well without stealing attention away from the action onscreen.

Read the full preview and watch the new videos here.

Of course I did. HUH.
You do know I'm in a hurry, though.

I don't own a 360 but it's nice to know that the effort Valve put into that version has paid off.

The Smoker is now my favorite boss. You know why? Because he sounds like my favorite character from Beast Wars.

Imz notz buyinz this game cuz graphics are out Dated'd!1

*cough*

$44... Thought it wouldve been cheaper... Damn, Valve knows that i'll fork out about anything for L4d. :bonce:

Incredible, that 3rd video is terrifying and so fast paced, that's exactly the kind of game I want to play. It makes playing the infected look really fun too. They way they co-ordinated it was great, got a boomer to vomit on them, then broke the door down with a hunter, pinned down someone and the hoard followed. D:

Back