Left 4 Dead Mod - Cold Case Part I

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
promolarge-300x117.jpg
What You Have Been Missing: Cold Case pits the survivors in yet another scenario. Their ride to safety has mysteriously crash landed on a remote island somewhere in the north western United States. After hours of waiting, they decide they are the only four survivors from the terrible crash, and they need to find help. However, quickly they realize there is something terribly wrong with this place. The survivors must traverse a large and expansive island. Their goal? To meet up with fellow survivors and get to the only known safe zone; a small military base located on the opposite shore of the island. Only there can they finally find the salvation they desperately are searching for?. or will they?​
During their journey, the survivors solve many strange mysteries that surround them. Why did their transport suddenly crash? Why are the infected on this island so quickly mutating? Who is The Mayor, and what role does he play on this island? Who is Agent Orange? It is up to them to find the clues and escape from the infested island.​
Upgrades
Expect to spend your time hunting for the upgrade tables. By doing so you can upgrade different things about yourself. Between accuracy, speed, and revival amounts you will need them to survive.

<p >Storyline
Expect a rich and detailed storyline featuring numerous recordings by voice actors (and myself).

<p >MASSIVE CONTENT!
36 maps in total!
6 full map campaign featuring hours of game play
10 survival maps with dynamically changing atmospheres. Hold some points while waves of infected tear it down, while others force you to run for your life to get to better positions.
2 separate 5 map versus campaigns. Cold Case: Covert Operations, and Cold Case: The Forsaken Each feature their own cooperative and versus maps!
<p >​

From October 1st? to October 9th , anybody who (Cold Case) pre-registers for the event will be automatically placed in a drawing for some great prizes! Currently up for grabs are some fantastic custom-made t-shirts and 24X36 posters! I will be giving away four of each on October 9th in a random drawing to anybody who pre-registers. This is the first of four prize give-aways I will be holding. If you had already pre-registered, you will be automatically entered to win the following weeks prizes!​

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->
I will be setting up a table at GAMEX, (www.gamexpo.com), this year. I will be showcasing the campaign, and allowing people interested to get a sneak peek of the entire package! This will include the survival maps, Cold Case: Covert Operations, and Cold Case: The Forsaken. I will also be selling tickets, and some extra computer cases at the event! If you are interested in playing the campaign before it is made public, head on over to my table! I will be located in the artists section in the back of the convention.
<a href="http://www.halflife2.net/news_images/200909/1254369392_l4d_vs_ccco50004.jpg[/img]
tn_1254369392_l4d_vs_ccco50004.jpg
[/url]<a href="http://www.halflife2.net/news_images/200909/1254369465_l4d_vs_cctf30002.jpg[/img]
tn_1254369465_l4d_vs_cctf30002.jpg
[/url]

<a href="http://www.halflife2.net/news_images/200909/1254369465_l4d_vs_cctf30002.jpg[/img]
[/url]

<a href="http://www.halflife2.net/news_images/200909/1254369696_l4d_vs_ccco20008.jpg[/img]
tn_1254369696_l4d_vs_ccco20008.jpg
[/url]<a href="http://www.halflife2.net/news_images/200909/1254369724_l4d_vs_ccco30002.jpg[/img]
tn_1254369724_l4d_vs_ccco30002.jpg
[/url]<a href="http://www.halflife2.net/news_images/200909/1254369724_l4d_vs_ccco30002.jpg[/img]
[/url]

Took me several minutes, but what I think you're trying to say is that:

1. There is a L4D campaign in the works called 'Cold Case'
2. The creator is showing off the campaign at GAMEX (never heard of it :|)

Yay?

Well the words Left 4 Dead mod weren't mentioned once in the post so I was having difficulty working out what this mod was for. The only clue was that it was put in our news section Left 4 Dead 2, but I did some more digging on the makers site, and it's actually a Left 4 Dead 1 mod.

For some reason the title had an acronym of 'What you have been missing' in it. I don't know why that needs to be in the title and on our RSS feed so I've changed it to something more appropriate. Cheers.

It was late and I was tired and I was trying to be creative my bad :(

Is it a free mod?
I don't find anything on the site mentioning it..

Grtz, Blacksad

it'll have 36 maps on halloween?

Man he built those fast :O

This mod to me actually sounds far to over the top. I like the idea of more levels to play and I have no problem with mixing up the gameplay but this just seems like they are trying too hard. For example I think the idea of upgrading yourself to have better aim etc. is really not something that will fit well in L4D. I'd rather just play a really uniquie and fun campaign with maybe a little twist on what you have to do (e.g. my "yee olde" idea of doing a supply run)
Then again the original post was so confusing and difficult to understand I don't know really what to expect! (Though this has been changed now :))

Hunter-Killer,

Your post is very understandable. Most of my betatesters felt the same way prior to playing my campaign. However, once they did, they actually told me the MAIN campaign is one of the most fun and original campaigns they have ever played.

If you like sticking with traditional L4D game play, then the two versus campaigns will be right up your alley. They are built and play exactly like traditional L4D campaigns. I called them the vs campaigns, because they were originally built to be vs compatible maps for Cold Case. However, you can still play them as a regular campaign.

mrfranswa, your name sounds familiar. Were you on SvenCoop forums?

Edit: Shit, it's you. I knew it.

Me and MrFranswa will be updating with more updates on the project this weekend and next week with exclusives. Stay tunned :)

Hunter-Killer,

Your post is very understandable. Most of my betatesters felt the same way prior to playing my campaign. However, once they did, they actually told me the MAIN campaign is one of the most fun and original campaigns they have ever played.

If you like sticking with traditional L4D game play, then the two versus campaigns will be right up your alley. They are built and play exactly like traditional L4D campaigns. I called them the vs campaigns, because they were originally built to be vs compatible maps for Cold Case. However, you can still play them as a regular campaign.

Well it’s all in the playtesting and I'm defiantly going to try it out. I'm not opposed to trying new things just you know what it's like, sometimes it sounds like it may not fit. Looking forward to checking out the 2 traditional campaigns, I’ve yet to play a really decent fan made one. Cheers for the feedback.

Back