Left4Dead2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdrive

Reaction score
Wtf. I was just watching The Microsoft press conference for E3 on gamespot, anyway it was showing a series of trailers i came half way through one of the, anyway there was all these zombies running around, and im like hang on the sound sthere making sounds a bit like left4dead, then at the end of it i thought i said it say LEFT4DEAD2 now now i could be mistaking as its very early morning 4:12am but im pretty sure i saw it.

This was totally unexpected by me, anyone else see it?

I repeat once again I MAY BE MISTAKING. but it had left4dead sounds plus there was 4 survivors.

UPDATE: Left4dead2 teased and confirmed, coming out november 17th

Kinda weird how there would be a second one already....the first one still has some work that needs to be done to it!

Kinda weird how there would be a second one already....the first one still has some work that needs to be done to it!

Exactly what i thought. But in the trailer one of the survivors was a fat black man :p

And the narater said "once the ammunition runs out, use what ever you can" then the 4 survivors picked up a chainsaw each :p

Left4dead2 is coming out this november, **** that was fast,

Well the Steam forums are in an uproar over the southern feel to the game. I personally like it... it would have been really neat if this took place in the UK (28 days later style) but that's just me. What are your thoughts?

What the heck. I couldn't believe this when I first heard it. Valve with another game release within a year. It's just not possible.

Maybe they have overcooked it this time? With the Dead Rising style weapons like chainsaws etc. I think this is pretty bad, looks just like a L4D mod at the minute. The AI Director sounds a great improvement but I havn't seen any amazing changes yet. Well, I havn't seen any, or any new boss zombies.

EDIT: What the heck, on the video "Stop the Alarm", the guy just got out the new Spaz shotgun and reloaded it like the old shotgun. If this stuff isn't ready to be shown, why show it?
EDIT2: ...Why does the zombie horde music in this video sound like a really shitty redneck car chase.

still why no ep3
like seriously... i think its WAY past time for that!!!

Ugh. Too soon.

Melee weapons look ridiculously overpowered, there's little to no change in anything but models, the soundtrack and voice acting is sloppy, the animations are faulty, and the gameplay looks boring. Not impressed.

If i wanted to play Resident Evil 5 i would, this is basically a first person version of just that (with actual whites). Oh i get it, Valve have finally fallen to the might of every other company on earth by rereleasing the same thing over and over as fast as they can.

Ugh. Too soon.

Melee weapons look ridiculously overpowered, there's little to no change in anything but models, the soundtrack and voice acting is sloppy, the animations are faulty, and the gameplay looks boring. Not impressed.

Well give it some time. Clearly, knowing Valve, it's still in the early production stages.

I am a little peeved that EP3 isn't coming though... As for as we can tell...

Yeah if Microsoft didn't announce it clearly Valve aren't working on Ep3.

After watching some of the gameplay videos it looks eerily similar to L4D. Like what others said, a L4D mod. And a year after the original's release? It's just so unlike Valve! I'm secretly hoping this is all a joke leading up to an Episode 3 announcement. Otherwise, this game needs more work.

There better not be a single damn zombie, survivor, place, vehicle, weapon, or even spec that hasn't been AT LEAST reskinned.

Also Valve, its a ZOMBIE game, day time + zombies = well, no one knows what it equals, no one does it because it's stupid.

Go watch the original Dawn of the Dead. How much of the film is set during the night exactly?

Every one of you decrying this are dumbasses.

When was the last time Valve failed you?

(Darkseid is not allowed to respond to this post)

Seriously though, judge it when it comes out.

Although I don't really know this for a fact, Left 4 Dead 2 seems a little rushed. At least, a little rushed compared to the development times for other Valve games. Although rushing the development of a game doesn't particularly mean it's going to be a bad game, the end result might be more polished and near perfect if more time was spent developing.

As far as gameplay goes, the new implementations sound interesting. The director now controls map geometry (or as the IGN article said, "spatial control") and the environment is more open. Plus, more weapons and new characters.

What really makes judging this game difficult is the difference between Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. Trying to keep the core gameplay that made Left 4 Dead exciting and fresh might be easy, but trying to make it not seem like a reskinned and remodeled Left 4 Dead.

HL2 was a remodled, reskinned and polished to **** HL1 with a change of scenery, fewer guns, fewer levels and very few new features. 99% of people on this site rather like HL2 but Valve apparantly aren't allowed build upon previously laid foundations anymore and must create a completely original game from scratch every time (unless it's an expansion or episode because that makes it ok) and it's certainly now allowed to be released within three years of the previous one.

HL2 was a remodled, reskinned and polished to **** HL1 with a change of scenery, fewer guns, fewer levels and very few new features. 99% of people on this site rather like HL2 but Valve apparantly aren't allowed build upon previously laid foundations anymore and must create a completely original game from scratch every time (unless it's an expansion or episode because that makes it ok) and it's certainly now allowed to be released within three years of the previous one.

My point is that Valve have made very good games. These games do take a while to develop, and Valve definitely take their time. But the result of that time taken is a good, quality game. It's well worth the wait, and as a result, Valve's reputation is untarnished because of a quality game they took time to develop.

Now, yes, this game does look good. I'm not saying that this isn't going to be a quality game.

What I am trying to say is that we might be missing out on something even better if Valve releases Left 4 Dead 2 this early. I'll be much more content if I find that Valve have been working on this Left 4 Dead sequel for a while now, because I don't know how long they have been. The engine is fine, and I don't ask for anything radically new, but if this game is going to be Left 4 Dead with a few new things tacked on...I'll probably still buy it.

I still think that L4D2 is the "bad sequel cash-in with none of the original cast or writers" to L4D's "good horror movie".

You can't really compare single player and multiplayer like that. I'd be thrilled if Valve announced HL3 within a year of Episode 3, for example, but not so thrilled had they done that with Team Fortress 2. When you buy a multiplayer game, it's more of a long-term investment; single player games will usually only last you 20 hours at most, whereas multiplayer is meant to be be played and replayed and relies on keeping its userbase's interest. My problem is that the first L4D is seemingly being abandoned after less than a year, rather than being expanded on and kept going with updates.

I still think that L4D2 is the "bad sequel cash-in with none of the original cast or writers" to L4D's "good horror movie".

Well, you've got 5 months before the mutability of the past catches up with you, and at that point everyone will have forgotten.

My problem is that the first L4D is seemingly being abandoned after less than a year, rather than being expanded on and kept going with updates.

If you'd bothered to check you'd have seen that Valve say that they will continue to update L4D even after the sequel ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back