Legend of Zelda General Discussion

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
A Link Between Worlds has an alternate otherworld version of Zelda. She is called Hilda.

salem.png

This has to be intentional.

Also. Knuckles looks nothing like an echinda. Seriously. Absolutely nothing.

Am I missing something here? Seems pretty standard for Nintendo.

I don't know if its just because I'm tired as shit, but the thread title took me like 8 tries reading it to comprehend what it was saying.

The yellow parts are correct, though you can't see the bottom.

Also, what the hell.

Zelda already has an "otherworld"/"alternate" Princess. Her name is Midna?

Don't be silly Nick, the Twilight Realm is a completely different realm to Hyrule. The otherworld in this new game is a reflection of Hyrule. It's totally different and unique.

Don't be silly Nick, the Twilight Realm is a completely different realm to Hyrule. The otherworld in this new game is a reflection of Hyrule. It's totally different and unique.

I smell the recycling of an idea...

This reminds me, A Link to the Past is probably the second best Zelda there is (Ocarina is somewhat religious for me)

Majora's Mask > Skyward Sword > Link's Awakening > Oracle games ~ A Link to the Past > Wind Waker > Minish Cap > Twilight Princess ~ Ocarina of Time > Spirit Tracks > Phantom Hourglass > The Legend of Zelda

Majora's Mask > Skyward Sword > Link's Awakening > Oracle games ~ A Link to the Past > Wind Waker > Minish Cap > Twilight Princess ~ Ocarina of Time > Spirit Tracks > Phantom Hourglass > The Legend of Zelda

Link: The Faces of Evil > All.

Ocarina of Time feels pretty dated TBH in terms of gameplay.

I'm playing through OoT on my 3DS right now, coincidentally. It's a lot of fun, though sometimes I find it difficult to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing (especially if I've taken a long break). Fighting different enemies and figuring out strategies to take them down is great, and the dungeon puzzles tend to be the right difficulty for me.

I'm playing through OoT on my 3DS right now, coincidentally. It's a lot of fun, though sometimes I find it difficult to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing (especially if I've taken a long break). Fighting different enemies and figuring out strategies to take them down is great, and the dungeon puzzles tend to be the right difficulty for me.

I tried playing on 3DS as well and couldn't help but feel like I was playing a relic. It was interesting but ultimately not very engaging as I suspect most of the things it innovated at the time are pretty commonplace now.

rename this thread general Zelda megathread

I tried playing on 3DS as well and couldn't help but feel like I was playing a relic. It was interesting but ultimately not very engaging as I suspect most of the things it innovated at the time are pretty commonplace now.

I feel it's worth mentioning I feel the same way while playing Half-Life 2. There's something timeless about Half-Life for me, though.

Ok back to Zelda talk. The best princess analog is Sheik. TOTALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING.

New trailer. 2D female Ganondorf. She seems to turn princesses/maidens into paintings. The otherworld is called Lorule. This is sounding more and more like a fanfiction every day.

Ganondorf's pretty hot.

I like how he pops the grated walkway off the wall by going behind it and popping out.

If the game looked anything like those images I might be a bit more interested.

So you'd play it if it looked like 2D concept art?

Absolutely. Those images look infinitely more vibrant and interesting than how it ended up in game. Looks more like a cheap Mario offshoot to me.

Sidenote: every ****ing game being in 3D was one of things that made me dubious about the 3DS in the first place (not that it's a deal breaker, I own one after all). Granted it was probably due to hardware limitations as much as anything, but DS had so many creative 2D franchises which have now almost all transferred to 3D graphics which are just styled to imitate the 2D art they're adapted from, and most of them look worse off for the change. It's a shame that 2D graphics have mostly become the domain of indies or outliers like Vanillaware. I wonder if they're that much more expensive or difficult to make at higher resolutions.

I know this isn't directly relevant to this thread since the Zelda DS games were both 3D, but even those looked better than this.

I'm going to pickup a 2DS soon and sell back my 3DS because:

The 3D just gives me migraines
I enjoy a bigger screen / handheld because I don't actually travel with them
I want to play Pokemon Black/White and this new Zelduh

I'm going to pickup a 2DS soon and sell back my 3DS because:

The 3D just gives me migraines
I enjoy a bigger screen / handheld because I don't actually travel with them
I want to play Pokemon Black/White and this new Zelduh

Yeah but does a 2DS play 3DS games, or just 1DS games

We already have enough regular DS consoles, of course it plays 3DS games. That's the point of it.

Ah so! But seriously who names this crap? Whats wrong with 3DS lite or something less stupid.

Also Lorule shows there might be a little stagnation involved here

Back