Legend of Zelda Timeline

Lt. Drebin

Tank
Reaction score
I would suggest that any fan of the series read this. Several people put a lot of thought into this. There's some speculation and a lot of fact in this.

Basically, I'm posting this because a lot of my friends tend to believe we are playing the same game over and over when we pop in the latest LoZ interation...just different aspects. I and many others who have put thought into this say that's nonsense. I've discussed this at length with them and am a firm believer in the dual timeline theory...mainly due to the ending of OoT where Link is sent back by Zelda. ANYWHO...I found this thread...not started by me mind you...that basically sums up my thoughts and, I think, will add to the enjoyment of these games. Definitely a worthwhile read...I thought it was incredible. Take a look.

A few notes/requests:

1. This thread was posted prior to details of the TP being revealed. Makes plenty of room for discussion now...

2. Lets take it easy with spoilers for Twilight Princess. I and others still haven't finished. Please make note if you plan on exposing aspects of the ending.

And...with that... http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/ac...how_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-24434804&pid=920769

Holy too much time on the hands.
But I'm grateful anyways, because somebody's got to play all those random GBA zeldas when I sure as hell ain't going to.

EXCLUSIVE HALF-LIFE TIMELINE

Blue Shift - Half-Life - Opposing Force - Half-Life 2 - Episode One - Episode Two

But I'm grateful anyways, because somebody's got to play all those random GBA zeldas when I sure as hell ain't going to.

Blue Shift - Half-Life - Opposing Force - Half-Life 2 - Episode One - Episode Two

Yeah...it's quite a bit to take in. LOL. And, yes....he definitly had a LOAD of time on his hands. But, you must admit it's an interesting read if you're a fan of the series.

You have to admit, however, the Half-life timeline was a bit easier to put together. :)

I always liked the idea that the Legend of Zelda was just that, a legend passed down by word of mouth from generation to generation, changing slightly with each telling and with each game being one of the different versions.

'it wasn't a twilight world it was a dark world'
'no no no, you've got it all wrong, the land was covered by a great sea .....'

Nintendo has been a huge bitch about releasing any info on an official timeline for the games. The smart money is on that they don't quite know what it is, either.

I was disappointed about the apparent lack of information about the time line in TP. Sure, we learned about the Sacred Realm magic users etc. and what happened to Ganondorf in one of the two timelines, but not much about why the great flood happened, or whether there are indeed two timelines.

I'd like a game where you switch between the two timelines somehow. Maybe one could be on the great sea and one actually in the non-flooded Hyrule. Maybe we'll be lucky with Phantom Hourglass.

I'm still reading it, they're talking about how the LttP and Oot maps match up except for Kakariko Village and Lost Woods. IIRC in the GBA release of LttP a tree in the Dark World talks about how the woods south of Link's house were somehow connected to the Lost Woods There are also strange portals from Zora's Domain and the Goron city to Lost Woods. So perhaps the geographical location of the Lost Woods was always where it was in OoT (though this is where the Eastern Palace is in LttP) but the woods north of Karariko Village bring you to it, or there is no real geographical location of the Lost Woods, it is infact a magical realm (which is why the Hylians thought it would be such a good place to seal the Master Sword)

You forgot Decay, Episode Three and Portal, n00b :p

or there is no real geographical location of the Lost Woods, it is infact a magical realm (which is why the Hylians thought it would be such a good place to seal the Master Sword)

It's revealed the exact location in TP, n00b :p

It's revealed the exact location in TP, n00b :p
I don't have a Wii or a GC :( so no TP for me.
Actually, could you post a pic of the Hyrule map from TP please? Even a photograph of the TV screen would do. I can't find one anywhere, please?
And BTW, where is the exact location then?

Actually, could you post a pic of the Hyrule map from TP please? Even a photograph of the TV screen would do. I can't find one anywhere, please?

TP SPOILERS! SERIOUSLY

The Temple of Time. Although you do have to go through a weird portal door thingy.

I can't really post a picture. My TV comes out terribly in photos. Dunno why. I think my friend has the strategy guide so I may borrow and scan the map in that.

And Venmoch is right, sort of.

SPOILERS

The Lost Woods have ultimately spread to encompass the ruins of the old Temple of Time from OoT. Or perhaps the Temple was hidden, brick for brick to stop people from taking advantage of it. Especially in the new age where people believe in the sages and the goddesses less. And evidently magic, judging by the lack of it in game. But because of the magic nature of the woods and the temple itself, a portal still exists to The Temple of Time back in the days of OoT.

Back