Like/dislike button

evil^milk

Tank
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool if at the end of every post you could have either a like button
facebook_like_button_hand.jpg
or dislike button to rate a post?

Just sayin' Holmes.

facebook_like_button_hand.jpg
Sulkdodds likes this.

Then I would get all emotionally wounded.

facepunch ratings, so I can rate everyone dumb

For shame, milk. You're an 04'er, and you suggest this?

Said the hot girl on the internet nerd forum.

If there's only one option then it's almost certain that people would just dislike the most memorable or interesting members rather than doing it strictly to hate on them, in which case it's just a popularity contest in which whoever is the least disliked is the least popular.

Wait.

The only solution would be just to put a 'Button' button for each member. Completely neutral, and meta. Then it would really be a popularity contest, with a dash of spam. This would produce the most unpolluted results of who is da best mayne.

As if it wasn't hard enough to be accepted by this community......

Truthfully I would make it my personal mission to go through the member list and dislike everyone whose name I do not recognize because as we all know there is nothing that brings me more joy than making people on the internet who have done nothing to me feel bad for no reason whatsoever

So... uh why would you discriminate those who you know?

I would indeed be interested in knowing how many people dislike me. I mean, I perceive myself as everyone's most favorite member on this site, but I've always wondered if, perhaps, just maybe there are some people who don't feel that way.

Pi, you'd instate a 'dislike system' if your favorite member asked for it, right?

I'd have to establish, through process of elimination, who my favourite member was first.
And by "elimination" I mean "banning."

So, sure, let's do that!

Everyone should automatically have as many dislikes as there are members on this forum, with the number rising each time someone new joins.

If this idea is ever implemented, the Four Pillars of StarMonkey will crumble, and this very world as we know it shall never stand on the same bearings of integrity and holiness that it does today.

This is taken from the control panel of Vbulletin 4:

Vbulletin 4 said:
Enabling this option will make a "Like" button appear on all threads. Users will then be able to "Like" individual threads. Note: users do not have to have Facebook linked accounts to use this feature.

Bwahahaha.

Pi, are you sure you wish to compromise the very stableness of this virtual reality?

Who will cower in fear (Thus giving you super powers), if they have no platform to grovel on?

I'd just have a blast liking all the gman theories and bawww threads.

I rate this thread as "Excellent" - 5 stars!

Bring back tags, just don't let Willie (ab)use them

Its not like I want the attention. I just want to have online discussions without harping on the fact that I'm canine. Every time someone brings it up, the whole forum has to say something, make some joke. And whenever I play video games I have to actively try to sound different on voice chat so people won't realize that I'm canine. Otherwise I just get overwhelmed with assholes berating me, saying things like "Dogs can't play gaems lol" or "Krynn, your dog is barking in the background, I can't hear you" or "Krynn, show us your knot." You don't know what its like being a canine playing in a primarily human medium.

Remember the time Princess_Pomeranian pretended to be a dog, and everyone actually believed him? LOL

People were even trying to send it money.

Back