/logout /exit (my goodbye thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuzer

Reaction score
I'm finally out of here. I'm done with this site. It's been fun, but it's time to move on. With HL2 out soon, there's nothing to talk about anymore it seems -- that's the final straw for me. HL2 will be a blast, yes, but until that comes out, this forum is nothing but a worthless timesink where everything has gone to hell and nothing is as it was. Even after it comes out, there will be yet ANOTHER influx of Headcrabs who post the same topics over and over again.. more people I won't know, more people that will make this site seem even more alien than it feels to me now.

The community has changed. Everything is taken too seriously, and quite frankly, I'm tired of all the BS I see here on a daily basis. All the topics in HL2 general are recycles I've seen dozens of times, and I'm lucky if I recognize one person that posts a proper topic these days. Site discussion is nothing but a place to whine about mods, off-topic is quite a dramatic place in itself.. people posing as females, dozens of topics flaming Bush, other long-time members leaving.. it's all too dramatic and "meh" for me these days.

What happened to HL2.net? It seems like in the past few months alone, it's gone from hero to zero. I used to love this site, now I loathe it. Funny how things change.. anyhow, I've been contimplating leaving for a long time now.. and this is it. I think cybie summed it up pretty well for me earlier tonight:

cybersh33p: hl2.net is teh suck?

In the end, it's for the best. I'll have more free time, as I waste enough time here per day (hence my post count.. which you can't see any more :p), and now I'll have more time to do the things I've needed to do. To everyone who made it on my cool list (which doesn't actually exist, but those who I've talked to and atleast gotten to know/thought to be cool.. you know who you are :D), goodbye! :D I'll be on AIM if anyone wants to talk to me (You owe me some adventuring in WoW CB, suicide! ;)).

Later guys. Chances are, I'll still lurk (off-topic and general games, if at all). But, I'll be damned if I post here any more.

Good luck to all the HL2.net vets.. hang in there, if you can. I know I couldn't.

It's kind of odd to have the exit be triggered by Icarus cracking down on fraud, but what the hey, it's up to you.

See you in hell! :D

bahh.
i guess its for the best.
later buddy.. hope to bump into u somewhere along the lines :)

Cya Shuzer, you were one of the funniest members on this site. I have a feeling alot of the regulars are going to be following suit very soon.

The real collapse will happen after the game is released. The forum personality isn't finished yet though, it's teetering on the edge. Finally when half-life 2 is released it will pushed off.

We'll all meet up again in 6 years for Half-Life 3 huzaah!

Bye shuzer.... :(

*cries*

There goes another regular...I might leave to when I move florida. :(

Mechagodzilla said:
It's kind of odd to have the exit be triggered by Icarus cracking down on fraud, but what the hey, it's up to you.

See you in hell! :D

I think it was actually triggered by the post-count removal :O

Sorry Shuzer, only kidding hehe.

Well, the topics about bush flaming him will end shortly after the elections over. Its just deathseeker who was being an ass pretending to be "Firefly" (Name of the real girl who he stoal his pictures off)

But whatever, cya later, I did not know you but its a shame more users are leaving, have a good one with whatever you do in life.

Sorry to see you go.

I know what you mean though, the forums have really gone downhill recently, even with the mods doing their usual excellent job. The flood of new members posting rubbish has just been too much.

I'm going to stick it out if I can, this is just the crap before the storm really, see what happens when HL2 is actually released. Oh well.

Laters Shuzer. :) I can see where you're coming from, the forums are really going downhill, and I find myself visiting them less and less by the day. This is the reason I hardly ever visit popular forums, because of the amount of annoying people on them. hl2.net was different for a while, but meh. If it continues, I might just stick to the small forums myself in the future...

Cya matey. May i suggest you come back in about 2 months? Hopefully the hl2 thing will calm down and there will be no more trouble.
I dont think I will ever leave myself this forum has many downs but also many ups, its only a matter of time until things sort them selves out. The only thing that will bring it down is when hl2 is boring, no one plays it anymore and no one cares about it. That is when the headcrabs leave and the super cool regulars may hang and chat about the old times all day :D

See ya Shuzer, Been nice having you around :p - Your right too, I really can't help think that forum really has and is going downhill, with all the new members signing up for the release of HL2, the general discussion full of threads saying "HOW DO I DO THIS BIT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 750,000 times over - It seems the end is nigh for us. :(

JiMmEh said:
See ya Shuzer, Been nice having you around :p - Your right too, I really can't help think that forum really has and is going downhill, with all the new members signing up for the release of HL2, the general discussion full of threads saying "HOW DO I DO THIS BIT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 750,000 times over - It seems the end is nigh for us. :(
There is no end...yes the forums are going to hell currently, but it will go uphill again...as usual.Hell these forums have been through worse...Like when HL2 was delayed and also the months before it.So don't worry the forums will reach the light once again. :thumbs:

We can only hope...

Honestly though, all our best members leaving aint helping ya know! Jeez, throw us a fricking bone here! ;) Blimey Tron, it must be what time in Alabama?

JiMmEh said:
We can only hope...

Honestly though, all our best members leaving aint helping ya know! Jeez, throw us a fricking bone here! ;) Blimey Tron, it must be what time in Alabama?
6:07 am...but keep up hope...oldies leave all the time.Nothing new...he will possibly come back and if he doesn't then everyone will move on.So everyone stay calm... :E

First off good bye mate sorry you feel this way.

Like Tr0n said forums are like rollercosters, lots of ups and downs. The only problem I have ever had with these forums and the steam forums is the hatered about newbies and repeating threads. Honestly if you take the time to answer the questions then let the thread die there would be a lot less bitching. New member are very unlikey to spot the search option first time though, it offen takes a few days even weeks in some cases. And even then with out know the right key word you may find nothing. This is just the nature of the beast. Bashing people for repeating a thread to me just show how desperate you are for new infomation and how unwilling you are to help other gain info you know.

PS.: plz don't take this a bashing of the thread starter, just getting it off my chest.

See ya' man. :(
It was great for you to be here while you stayed.
Good luck so on and so forth. :thumbs:

Don't get me wrong, when someone new is asking questions - I don't think I've ever once said "OLLLD USE THE SEARCH" or anything of that nature, and I do try to just answer the question helpfully - if the topic comes up again I just don't post in it, but you have to admit it does get pretty tiresome.

Shuzer said:
It seems like in the past few months alone, it's gone from hero to zero.
you should be shot for using that phrase.. shot with a LOVE BULLET!! <3 <3

anyway, peace out homie.

Bye. You were a cool dude :D Good luck with your future endeavours (sp?)!

JiMmEh said:
Don't get me wrong, when someone new is asking questions - I don't think I've ever once said "OLLLD USE THE SEARCH" or anything of that nature, and I do try to just answer the question helpfully - if the topic comes up again I just don't post in it, but you have to admit it does get pretty tiresome.

Thats very true but with such a large following, would you expect less? Now you maybe be able to stop some of the repeat thread with say a FAQ sticky but even that isn't full proof.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't inform someone that the info is old (in case of a news post) or to use the search button (helps to tell them where it is too), but offen when I see these type of reply they are very negative which troubles me really.

I guess it's just the community we post in here, The Sims 2 forums was never this bad in flaming or Bashing Newbies that don't know any better.

Oh well water under the bridge really, I can't and don't expect to change things. At lest I can say this is way better then at the Steam Forums lol.

/me salutes

You're probably sick of this site by now, but this is my tribute to you (atleast for the purpose of this thread :p ).

http://shuzer.ytmnd.com/

Catcha man, you've been one of the funnier members in here, but I noticed your upbeat attitude was beginning to slip a little, so maybe it's for the best.

I've said it before, and I'l say it again....

Whats the point? Why do you need to leave? What I'm trying to say is, can't you just not bother posting so much or just come in to check news? Things like that. It just seems odd the way people make this big thing out of, what is essentially, not pressing a button everyday to check a webiste.

I'l be sad knowing that you won't come here again, but I still think its a little melodramatic.

Sorry, but I think leaving threads are one of the most retarded things you can do on a forum, just leave for god's sake, don't make a big who-har about it. I know when I get sick I'll just stop coming to the forums, I won't announce that I'm leaving. You'd be surprised how quickly people forget posters. No one really cares at the end of the day.

To me leaving threads are just really stupid.

My activeness has gone down hill.

Im just waiting till the SDK hits us and we can get the modding sections up and running.

Hummm, Halflife2.net is loosing it's personality, a lot of people is leaving, in a away he is a 100% right, people take to seriously some stuff.

mortiz said:
Sorry, but I think leaving threads are one of the most retarded things you can do on a forum, just leave for god's sake, don't make a big who-har about it, I know when I get sick I'll just stop coming to the forums, I won't announce that I'm leaving, you'd be surprised how quickly people forget posters, no one really cares at the end of the day.

Sorry, but to me it's just really stupid.

While I can agree with that, but in a few weeks/months you'll just get "where'd so and so go?" threads. but in a way thats better, atlest someone missed that person enough to ask. And threads like this are just calls of "notice me" or "jump ship with me".

But meh it's his time to waste posting, and ours to waste with replys.

I have to agree with Shuzer. The forums are going towards 0K. Nothing is the same anymore. Everyone seems to be whining about something... Guess this is what you get when a site gets very big? I also don't get it why some people attack those who post leaving threads. Especially if they are well-known member of the forum I think that it's entirely appropriate that they post a "I'm leaving!" thread. If the would not do that, people would start to wonder where that person went. Atleast when a person has posted the "I'm leaving!" thread a few people will know that that person left and for what reasons, so they can educate the less-knowing people. Anyway that's me.

Good luck Shuzer, don't forget about "the place", and we'll most likely still talk.

Bye bye shuzer :(

I am starting to see what you mean by your post :p Anyways, good luck cya on CS:S hopefully :)

Ooooh, I know! Let's all leave at the same time!

Buh bye you pikey. ;o

:x

People always go on about the glory days, well guess what...they didn't exist. I can remember since the very start people were complaining about the forums going down hill. You know what, Its not a problem with the site, its a problem with you.

Its the same in everypart of society. You just can't handle new blood coming and taking over. Old people are scared of and dispise young people. The newbie is this evil entity that must be feared and kept out of our precious site...Well guess what, it aint gonna happen. Where ever you go, new people will turn up. If they don't then it will go stale, and you will become bored of it, perhaps without you noticing. Believe me, I remember what it was like at the start, and it was great but if it were still the same people here...I would have stopped visiting a long time ago. You have to accept change for what it is, you have to move out of your comfort zone and not run away from new things.

Farrowlesparrow said:
People always go on about the glory days, well guess what...they didn't exist.
the glory days started when i joined, let's be honest with ourselves.

Lil' Timmy said:
the glory days started when i joined, let's be honest with ourselves.

ah yes. when i was a bright eyed forum newbie, your posts showed me the light. i think i actually lost my virginity while reading one of your political posts :eek:

in my opinion, 'the glory days' did exist. certainly for me, they were days filled with great topics, mature discussion, and a lighthearted atmosphere. now i'm not one to stop people from joining, i agree it's the only way forward. but it's the quality of members that has drastically dropped. therefore, the quality of topics, maturity, and attitude has dropped also. some of the newer members are pretty cool and have the right sort of attitude towards things. others are just here to cause trouble/upset everyone. it's probably to do with the website's popularity as someone already said.

can't turn the clock back now though. and there's nothing anyone can do to fix the situation. either accept it and embrace it, or move on to something bigger and better. farrow you read my comments in the other thread about this all coming to an end. well it applies here i think. shuzer felt it was time for him to move on, and he has. or at least he thinks he has, he'll be back ;)

I think things were going along relatively well until the incident with that thread...that really drew in a lot from other parts of the site....Unsavoury parts of the site :) Trust me, it will heal in time. You just have to rough it out. We are bound to have lots of annoying people, since there are so many people coming to the site at the moment due to the gold release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back